What's new with WDW?

There is always something new going on at WDW. No matter how many times you have been there, it never gets old or outdated.

*This is my last post before I leave for the World. Hopefully I will have a great trip report when I get back!

"...only then will we be truely living with the land."

CaptainMichael

Clark Griswold said:
There is always something new going on at WDW. No matter how many times you have been there, it never gets old or outdated.

*This is my last post before I leave for the World. Hopefully I will have a great trip report when I get back!

Have a good time man! Maybe you'll have more answers than questions when you get back!:animwink: :wave:

M:SpilotISTC12

Clark Griswold said:

Dont forget to take lots of pics. Have a nice trip.:sohappy:

LudwigVonDrake

Clark Griswold said:

Have a great trip! :wave:

WRE4ever

STR8FAN2005 said:
Renaissance means "rebirth". Many of us hope and believe that with the success of Epcot's rebirth/reimagineering that the Disney-MGM Studios is next.

ahh gotcha i thought it meant some sorta new section not an actual "rebirth"

DWImagineer

Original Poster
Just a thought, but what would you guys think, if they closed Camp MM, and instead of building Beastly Kingdom, have a new land and ......... call it Euorpe? This way they are not copying IOA, and they can finally add a dragon ride and some new animals. Here's an idea:

Europe or the Black Forest:
Rides:
Dragon Tower- water coaster? as rumors say
Log Flume- based on deforestation
some kiddy ride to make up for the loss of CMM

Shows:
Loch Ness Monster show

Animals:
Fallow Deer
Spanish Lynx- endangered species
Ibex
European River Otter
European Wolf
European Aviary, Reptile House, and Aqauarium

Just a thought:)

HokieDevil

DWImagineer said:
Just a thought, but what would you guys think, if they closed Camp MM, and instead of building Beastly Kingdom, have a new land and ......... call it Euorpe? This way they are not copying IOA, and they can finally add a dragon ride and some new animals. Here's an idea:

Europe or the Black Forest:
Rides:
Dragon Tower- water coaster? as rumors say
Log Flume- based on deforestation
some kiddy ride to make up for the loss of CMM

Shows:
Loch Ness Monster show

Animals:
Fallow Deer
Spanish Lynx- endangered species
Ibex
European River Otter
European Aviary, Reptile House, and Aqauarium

Just a thought:)

Maybe that sounds a bit too much like Busch gardens, The Dark Continent and Old World or what ever they are calling the 2 parks. So if they aren't copying IOA I guess its Busch Gardens. I wouldn't consider it a copy of they do it better. Yeah IOA has the dueling dragons, but once outside of the queue the themeing ends and if you ask me, thats where disney leaves its mark. Its more than a ride its an entire visual experience. I still think Disney has it in them to out do IoA...no doubt

mikesoccer40

Night time attraction

A night-time attraction/show at AK would be benefit the attendance at the park in the evening hours, but you would also have to couple that with enough attractions to keep people busy who a) are waiting on the show to begin or b) are taking advantage of people being at the show and riding rides that are less crowded.
I agree that one or two additonal high energy rides are needed at AK for it to be an park that people would feel lkie staying late at. If the lighting was increased to reflected warmth, shimmer and glow (think soft muted lighting) then it may well compliment the overall theme and feeling of being already established in AK.
If we count EE, Dinosaur, Kali Rapids (improve it by adding more splash and spills) then you only have three major pulls for those people not taken in by the other aspects of the park. If Disney was to add two to three more major rides (ie Tarzan themed thrill ride, an indoor rollercoaster themed for the Rescuers, and a ride though or Narnia with outstanding animatronics and story-telling).
These are just some ideas and maybe some of them would be better placed an another park, but the overall need is for additional drawing rides, attractions or shows for AK if a late night is in the works

meryll83

They'll probably do something mythical at AK coz don't they still have a dragon as one of the animals on the entrance sign?
Mind you, that's probably been there since it opened so I don't suppose there's any rush!

Scar Junior

/\ /\ I asked management about this when I worked a special event on the CP (which was obviously at dusk/night time). They told me that perhaps someday they would keep the park open later but there were a several things standing in the way, i only remember a few of them...
1. lack of attractions would hardly make it worth it.
2. attractions with animals need to shut down at 5, no later than 6 (especially in Africa). They need to replace the "natural food" and check the animals health and well being.
3. the animals can't be around fireworks, explosions or loud noises such as these will screw them up mentally and possibly physically.
4. the transportation would be too costly. amount of people using the busses vs. cost of operation.

Of course, this isn't to say that they won't at some point do a night time event. These were just the issues that he told me about (that i remember). He said that perhaps after another Land expansion they would look into it then.

-Win Twins!

EDIT: Ak at night is beautiful and takes on a life of its own.

DWImagineer

Original Poster
HokieDevil said:
Maybe that sounds a bit too much like Busch gardens, The Dark Continent and Old World or what ever they are calling the 2 parks. So if they aren't copying IOA I guess its Busch Gardens. I wouldn't consider it a copy of they do it better. Yeah IOA has the dueling dragons, but once outside of the queue the themeing ends and if you ask me, thats where disney leaves its mark. Its more than a ride its an entire visual experience. I still think Disney has it in them to out do IoA...no doubt

They probably would be copying the BG concept, but BG doesn't have animals. So that would be a bonus. I think if Disney puts their mind to it they can figure out a way to have awesome attractions without copying anyone too much.

yeti

Maybe since they can't have a fireworks show, they can have a water parade sort of thing along the discovery river (sort of like the one in tokyo disney seas or something).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom