What's new with WDW?

M:SpilotISTC12

I was thinking this before when I was reading about the ideas for AK. Would it stay open later. If they were to put a lot of money into a park that would only stay open until 5 would they keep it open later on a more consistant basis? I think I can see why they put so many boardwalk rides and not ideas like Beastly Kingdom etc. The park only stays open until 5. They needs to despiratly keep that park open later.

CaptainMichael

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
I was thinking this before when I was reading about the ideas for AK. Would it stay open later. If they were to put a lot of money into a park that would only stay open until 5 would they keep it open later on a more consistant basis? I think I can see why they put so many boardwalk rides and not ideas like Beastly Kingdom etc. The park only stays open until 5. They needs to despiratly keep that park open later.
If I'm not mistaken, it does stay open later on most days now. Demand will dictate longer park hours for DAK. I think it's another attraction and a nightime spectacular short of that.

They could just put in Beastly Kingdom and Journey to the Center of the Earth and make us all happy. :animwink: It seems like they need more to do at the park. They need more rides, a park cant survive on a couple rides alone.

Dukeblue1016

STR8FAN2005 said:
If I'm not mistaken, it does stay open later on most days now. Demand will dictate longer park hours for DAK. I think it's another attraction and a nightime spectacular short of that.

Plus... it's not really a nighttime park... I mean, it's a much nicer park during the day when the sun is shining and the animals are out... Sure, I think a lot of people wanna see it at night... but only to see it at night...

Like I prefer Epcot (FW at least) at night... it's funner, for me... MGM is also a fun park to be at at night... all parks have different feels during the day opposed to at night... AK just isn't a nighttime park... it's very dark there, not a lot of bright lights and elaborate buildings... MK has Main Street lit up beautifully, Epcot just looks really cool at night with its different lights and such... MGM (Sunset Blvd mainly) has some cool lighting... AK doesn't have that... nor can it offer it right now. If you put all kinds of black lights and elaborate buildings with cool lighting... it will scare the animals...

Well then again alot of people havent seen the park late at night. They could have put lights in there. The night pics I have seen look very cool. It could possibly be a night park right now.

CaptainMichael

Joe, everyone I've heard from says that DAK is breathtaking at night....scaring animals is not a concern but an excuse to close an incomplete park.

Dukeblue1016

STR8FAN2005 said:
Joe, everyone I've heard from says that DAK is breathtaking at night....scaring animals is not a concern but an excuse to close an incomplete park.

This is why I'm making 12 bucks an hour... and not running a theme park...

disregard my last post...

I dont think the animals would be scared. But I think it would be better for the park if it stayed open. They have the space to hold alot of people so why not keep it open.

LudwigVonDrake

I thought they took the animals in at night. I saw on one of those Travel Channel specials that they have the animals trained to come in.

I have been in DAK for EMH at night and it is very dark. On the level of Frontierland (which is dark at night).

Close Africa at night, build up Camp Mickey Minnie into another land with actual rides and then you have Dino-Land, Asia, The Tree of Life and the new land open at night and maybe the park isn't a half day park anymore....maybe :)

With more E tickets it could easily be an all day park. But for right now its a half day park until they start putting some new stuff in. I saw on Screamscape and I know that Screamscape has a history of farfetched (sp?) ideas. But they said that since Everest is up and attendence is up that Beastly Kingdom is on the drawing boards again. This made me happy what do you guys think? http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_animal_kingdom.htm

HokieDevil

M:SpilotISTC12 said:
With more E tickets it could easily be an all day park. But for right now its a half day park until they start putting some new stuff in. I saw on Screamscape and I know that Screamscape has a history of farfetched (sp?) ideas. But they said that since Everest is up and attendence is up that Beastly Kingdom is on the drawing boards again. This made me happy what do you guys think? http://www.screamscape.com/html/wdw_-_animal_kingdom.htm

As much as I would love to see that area of the park build I am not holding my breath yet. knowing our luck BK will turn out like Dinorama. Both areas that have numerous possibilities. I don't think Dinorama was the best that the imagineers could do, just the cheapest. I guess Disney had figured out that they need to put some money into these attractions, maybe they have seen what an attraction like Everest can do.

DWImagineer

Original Poster
Its possible or they're using it as a cover up for a new attraction or its another rumor that will fade. I like the water coaster idea for the dragon ride. Water coasters are my favorite types of coasters. I think that if beastly Kingdom was more intense than kiddy fun than that would be cool. I haven't heard any ride releases from AK in a while because right after the Primevial Whirl was up EE was announced actually it was before PW went up. Just curious are there any imagineers on this site?

casconi

oh great I can see it now...After all of our criticism on Universal's commercials and their knock off "illumination ROE" show....how much flak will we catch with a beastly kingdom, knocking off their "Lost Continent" land located in IOA (which I will say that Lost Continent is a much cooler name for this type of themed land, as opposed to Beastly Kingdom). If we start putting in unicorns and dragons and mythical beasts, surely we will be compared to mirroring Dueling Dragons, and the kiddie flying Unicorn roller coaster....Dang I hope we dont build that....All my buddies who are UIOA fans are definitely gonna rag me for this one!

Lucky

AK is a terrific park with a great new addition. It's not just a half-day park unless you only care about thrill rides. They can gradually add more, hopefully building on the (real) animals theme and skipping the dragons and unicorns. And sure, it's nice to see a fireworks/ laser light show in the evening, but that's what Park Hoppers are for.

casconi said:
oh great I can see it now...After all of our criticism on Universal's commercials and their knock off "illumination ROE" show....how much flak will we catch with a beastly kingdom, knocking off their "Lost Continent" land located in IOA (which I will say that Lost Continent is a much cooler name for this type of themed land, as opposed to Beastly Kingdom). If we start putting in unicorns and dragons and mythical beasts, surely we will be compared to mirroring Dueling Dragons, and the kiddie flying Unicorn roller coaster....Dang I hope we dont build that....All my buddies who are UIOA fans are definitely gonna rag me for this one!

I believe Beastly Kingdom was thought of first and actually some Imagineers who were laid offer were picked up by Universal and thats how Universal got Dueling Dragons.(in theory of how they got Dueling Dragons)

CaptainMichael

Lucky said:
And sure, it's nice to see a fireworks/ laser light show in the evening, but that's what Park Hoppers are for.
Yes, but if you want it open later, you need people to stay there...a nightime spectacular is key and will come!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom