Whats left of Chaepek ?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I know it was sarcasm. It’s just that everyone is always dumping on the guy on a personal level.

A lot of the cuts and value engineering started under Iger … but he reverses the resort parking fees and now he’s everyone’s hero?
You’re just talking ceo…and he never had enough time to do much if you look at the way it went down

Prior to that…parks and products…he was as bad or worse.

He’s the typical exec that wasn’t worth firing, but also wouldn’t leave.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
-variable park pricing
-reservations
-nonexistent trams at two parks
-nonexistent Magical Express
-reduced resort perks such as more expansive hours
-ILL
-Genie+
-emphasis towards merchandising opportunities over additional attractions
-incoherent EPCOT theming
Most - if not all - of these are down to Iger. Chapek just continued with them. Yes, he was previously P&R but still under Iger.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Most - of not all - of these are down to Iger. Yes he was. Chapek just continued with them. Yes, he was previously P&R but still under Iger.
Iger quit in a hurry in February 2020…then “came back for the good of France…” in April
So then he “remained as a board member/strategic asset” until December 2021.

In November 2022…Iger benefactor and appointee sue Arnold executes order 66 and cans chapek due to poor performance…the same poor performance that has Continued under Iger to this day…

I ask again: what exactly did chapek do?

Smiley/OCD

Look, I feel for any person who loses a job…he took (and still does) take his deserved abuse on this forum. In his tenure as CEO, in a very short time, he managed to alienate the diehard fans, the cast members from both corporate AND the parks and lastly, he list the Board of Directors which led to his ouster.
Yes, you can ABSOLUTELY and ultimately blame Iger, but Chapek rubbed EVERYONE the wrong way and was NOT the type of person you would want to sit at an airport bar and have a beer with…abrasive personality, NOT a people person and seemed not to have the ability to change on the fly and react…a good CEO (like a good coach) has the ability to make changes on the fly…whether he chose not to, or didn’t have the ability to do so is still up for discussion…hopefully, he will take some reflection and introspection and adapt for his future pursuits. I really hope he’s able to overcome his shortcomings and become a better executive…not every position is a perfect fit.

Lilofan

Look, I feel for any person who loses a job…he took (and still does) take his deserved abuse on this forum. In his tenure as CEO, in a very short time, he managed to alienate the diehard fans, the cast members from both corporate AND the parks and lastly, he list the Board of Directors which led to his ouster.
Yes, you can ABSOLUTELY and ultimately blame Iger, but Chapek rubbed EVERYONE the wrong way and was NOT the type of person you would want to sit at an airport bar and have a beer with…abrasive personality, NOT a people person and seemed not to have the ability to change on the fly and react…a good CEO (like a good coach) has the ability to make changes on the fly…whether he chose not to, or didn’t have the ability to do so is still up for discussion…hopefully, he will take some reflection and introspection and adapt for his future pursuits. I really hope he’s able to overcome his shortcomings and become a better executive…not every position is a perfect fit.
With all these qualities to not be successful how did Chapek move up the food chain in his long career at Disney?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
He’s 60 years old and got probably about 50 mil from Disney in his disastrous 2 years…I hope his “future plans” involve quietly investing in small scale real estate and bonds…and some golf

Dude sold ketchup and then cheapened Disney products for decades…that might be all there is?

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

He’s 60 years old and got probably about 50 mil from Disney in his disastrous 2 years…I hope his “future plans” in old quietly investing in small scale real estate and bonds…and some golf

Dude sold ketchup and then cheapened Disney products for decades…that might be all there is?
Then I guess that old dog won’t learn any new tricks…

Smiley/OCD

With all these qualities to not be successful how did Chapek move up the food chain in his long career at Disney?
There are many examples of CEO’s that were very good used car salesmen…having the schpiel to oversell yourself…I think he fits into that category…

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Purchasing the bankrupt partially completed "Global Dream" ship project is still alive. It may end up being one of Chapek's lasting contributions. Sailing out of Singapore in 2025. Interesting to see if it will be a hit or a flop?

Disney Cruise Line Announces Purchase of Partially Completed Global Dream Cruise Ship

The one move I can see…

It was for Pennies…they are catering it to a customer base that is NOT their western counterparts…and it’s hidden on the far side of this moon…

mysto

One thing that I am curious about is that there was talk that Chapek was about to make some move that spooked the board and ultimately prompted them to hurriedly reach out to Iger in order to head him off. Did we ever find out what that was or if that was actually the case?

I ask again: what exactly did chapek do?

Maybe it was a coincidence, but he was removed very soon after he poked the "Sleeping Dragon Desantis" (SDD ™️).

Apparently the dragon was in the middle of a nightmare because it started indiscriminately burning everything in sight without rhyme or reason. Perhaps a good addition to the Villians Land?

I heard from IT that g+ was causing "friction" with the guests. Again sorry but I don't know the *actual* reason was. That is the kind of thing that sometimes winds up buried forever.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Maybe it was a coincidence, but he was removed very soon after he poked the "Sleeping Dragon Desantis" (SDD ™️).

Apparently the dragon was in the middle of a nightmare because it started indiscriminately burning everything in sight without rhyme or reason. Perhaps a good addition to the Villians Land?

I heard from IT that g+ was causing "friction" with the guests. Again sorry but I don't know the *actual* reason was. That is the kind of thing that sometimes winds up buried forever.
Ummm…no.

Don’t believe the hype. That was problem like #20 on the list then and is like 5-10 now

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom