What's going with hotels on May 1-7

US 192

Looking to book a true last minute trip but there are not as many on property rooms as I thought? Any insight to this week?

elizs77

We are going the 7th through the 12th. When I booked a few months back, I actually found that this period had more choices than other long weekends before or after. I hope it's not going to be crazy!

Upvote 0

DISMOM

It might be...the free upgrade from base tickets to free park hopper and water parks and more. We are saving about $350 on the ticket upgrade May 4th-10th. Only a certain number of resort rooms are set aside for this offer. We were able to get the French Quarter...the Riverside was all booked for this offer.
Or, could it be the last vacation before the summer crowds/school lets out the end of May kind of rush?
Or, taking advantage of good weather and gas prices are supposed to be higher after Memorial Day kind of thing?

Upvote 0

Mrs.PhD

There is a marathon going on Saturday the 3rd I believe (we arrive on the 2nd.) May 1st is P&P party, but I don't think that brings extra crowds. Crowds from that should clear out on Sunday.

I don't know when grad nights are this year. They normally are the week (we go that week every year.) On the Calender I didn't see MK closing early any night (other then the Friday for the P&P party.)

Upvote 0

rlaeromech

My sister in law has a college softball tourny about 30 minutes from Orlando. But I don't think most for that tourny are staying at WDW since the actual event is 30 minutes away and not at WWS.

Upvote 0

finch

Just saw they are having auditions for a High School Musical Reality show that is running on ABC on the 7th. They are even offering a special rate at one of the All Stars to those auditioning.

Upvote 0

carenyllie

I'm going May 2-8 to run the Minnie Marathon on May 3. There's a 5K on the 2nd and kids Heely races on the 3rd as well. So I'm sure others are staying the whole week.

Upvote 0

elizs77

Hmm, back when I went in '96 it was at the beginning of May...I guess they changed it...

It was the 1st weekend in May last year, and the year before it, maybe before it. We go every May and this is the 1st time it isn't grad nights.

I was surprised it's that early myself, but I found it listed on several sites as such.

Mrs. PhD - Couldn't help but notice you are in Royal Oak. My hubby is originally from Sterling Heights, and he still has a ton of family up in that whole northern Detriot suburb area.

Upvote 0

kasey1988

This worrys me! I am planning on going this time next year and wasnt planning on it being to busy. I went in the beginning of may in 06 and it wasnt to bad at all, crowds were managable

Upvote 0

Mrs.PhD

I was surprised it's that early myself, but I found it listed on several sites as such.

Mrs. PhD - Couldn't help but notice you are in Royal Oak. My hubby is originally from Sterling Heights, and he still has a ton of family up in that whole northern Detriot suburb area.

:wave:It has been a long winter around here. It was spring/summer last week, but back to early spring weather again now. Thank God I will be in WDW in a few days. :)

We will be in NC this summer, but the Outer banks.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom