What's Going on with Country Bear Jamboree?

Raxel7851

I'm not a fan of Country Bear Jamboree, but I recognize that others are. Like other attractions I don't care for, I don't wish ill on them. Long live the rides and shows I don't like. You enjoy your WDW trip while I enjoy mine and we'll all be happy.
Well said Just! I’m not sure there’s too many people that like every attraction at the MK, or all of the other parks. Me, it’s been years since I did Swiss Family Robinson. It’s ok, just not for me. But now that I think of it, I may try it when we go in September.

dave&di

And doesn't the opening spiel of the attraction basically outline the history?
I think you’re right, unfortunately. I love the traditional attractions, CoP, CBJ, TIki Room, PotC....These are historic attractions and I love that Walt Disney himself worked on these. I think there should always be ‘classic’ Disney attractions (I‘m specifically talking about animatronics). I’d be peed to see CBJ disappear.

Heppenheimer

If we lose the Country Bears to a Disney-owned ski resort (which was the original plan for the show), I wouldn't mind the loss in the Magic Kingdom. But there's probably not a snowflake's chance in hell of that old project being resurrected in the current business climate.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
If we lose the Country Bears to a Disney-owned ski resort (which was the original plan for the show), I wouldn't mind the loss in the Magic Kingdom. But there's probably not a snowflake's chance in hell of that old project being resurrected in the current business climate.
Even if a ski resort opened, why would it need to close at MK?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
CBJ, ETR, and COP are easy for non-history fans to attack because of their age. But they’re usually only attacked by those who don’t understand/appreciate the park history.

I understand/appreciate the park's history and I can recognize when an attraction no longer truly represents what the park aspires to...

WondersOfLife

I understand/appreciate the park's history and I can recognize when an attraction no longer truly represents what the park aspires to...

As witty as you tried to be, you’re not.

Like your video states (good video btw!), it IS opinion based. I only simply stated that 1). It’s hard to defend our beloved classics because people don’t understand the importance of its history, and then later on: 2). Even if they do understand, they don’t care.

It’s okay for people to like things. *pats head & gives you your Figment pacifier*

Raxel7851

Like your video states (good video btw!), it IS opinion based. I only simply stated that 1). It’s hard to defend our beloved classics because people don’t understand the importance of its history, and then later on: 2). Even if they do understand, they don’t care.

It’s okay for people to like things. *pats head & gives you your Figment pacifier*
Well Said!! Although I don’t know if this counts, but I’m ok with Disney replacing the ABCDE ticketing System.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

No, you're pre-emptively dismissing people who don't like CoP or CBJ as "no true appreciators of Disney's history."

Opinion is stating what you like and why.

Fallacy is stating why other people's opinions would be wrong because of some defect they have, namely, they're not *true* fans because they don't know the history.

WondersOfLife

No, you're pre-emptively dismissing people who don't like CoP or CBJ as "no true appreciators of Disney's history."

Opinion is stating what you like and why.

Fallacy is stating why other people's opinions would be wrong because of some defect they have, namely, they're not *true* fans because they don't know the history.

I have only replied with Salty comments to people who seasoned their opinions with Caroline Reaper.

InnKpr

Interesting fact, but Walt's original plan for the show at the ski resort had it titled:
"Bumpkin Sleuth Hootenanny"

(A group of bears is called a "sleuth" or a "sloth". Or if you're being chased by them, a "**** ****!")

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom