What's Going on with Country Bear Jamboree?

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
Yesterday the app listed it as "temporarily Closed."
Today it isn't even ON the map.

Say it isn't so.
I've learned to deal with
  • no park hoppers
  • reduced park hours
  • no MNSSHP
  • no parades/fireworks
  • no Epcot monorail
  • no Columbia Harbour House
  • no Wilderness Lodge (we are booked in Copper Creek)
  • no lunch menu at Be our Guest or Liberty Tree
BUT--no Tomorrowland Transit and no Country Bears may just push me over the edge.....

StarshipDisney

BUT--no Tomorrowland Transit and no Country Bears may just push me over the edge.....
I think we all have been pushed over the edge...

Concur. It was the latest reduction in hours and closure of TTA that finally made me cancel our September 2020 reservation (not that we were likely to go anyway). We now have a reservation for September 2021 so guess we will just have to wait and see what the future holds.

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
My trip is in 30 days--plenty of time, IMHO to get the Bears going. This is one of those trips that really cannot be postponed. We are maintaining the mindset that "WE ARE GOING" and will play the cards we're dealt.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Ohhhhhh, man... I'm going to be so ed if it isn't open... I go next week and it's a tradition for me to see it!!! :(

Side note - it's on the map for me and it says hours are 9 to 7. You have to select "attractions" instead of staying on the "wait times."

What I am confused about is laugh floor being temporarily unavailable... Is that equity?

ppete1975

Yesterday the app listed it as "temporarily Closed."
Today it isn't even ON the map.

Say it isn't so.
I've learned to deal with
  • no park hoppers
  • reduced park hours
  • no MNSSHP
  • no parades/fireworks
  • no Epcot monorail
  • no Columbia Harbour House
  • no Wilderness Lodge (we are booked in Copper Creek)
  • no lunch menu at Be our Guest or Liberty Tree
With all of this uncertainty though you can rest assured one thing has remained, the prices...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
47AF00ED-9247-443F-B9CC-7667BD16B052.jpeg

Heppenheimer

Wow... the CBJ does have some others like me that enjoy it and would miss it if it was closed down. Usually we get posters who enjoy putting it down.
It was always the first attraction we visited on family trips growing up, we wore out many LP needles playing the souvenir album, and one of my favorite birthday gifts as a child was a Big Al plush toy. So yes, I would miss the country bears if they went the way of Stitch's Great Escape.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Wow... the CBJ does have some others like me that enjoy it and would miss it if it was closed down. Usually we get posters who enjoy putting it down.
CBJ, ETR, and COP are easy for non-history fans to attack because of their age. But they’re usually only attacked by those who don’t understand/appreciate the park history.

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
CBJ, ETR, and COP are easy for non-history fans to attack because of their age. But they’re usually only attacked by those who don’t understand/appreciate the park history.
I have always thought that CoP could get a bit more respect if there were some contextual info.
A big part of the appeal for me is it’s significance in the overall Disney story

StarshipDisney

With all of this uncertainty though you can rest assured one thing has remained, the prices...

Yep. Even with the COVID, I can state factually that the exact same reservation for 2020 increased exactly $550.52 for 2021. That is for a Magic Kingdom view room at the Contemporary complete with park tickets and memory maker (no dining plan). That amounts to an 8% yearly inflation rate...which...arguably...is lower than past years.

Still, one main reason we cancelled for 2020 is because I simply could not justify the cost of a deluxe resort for such a "diminished" Disney vacation. We have reservations now for September 2021 and can only hope that Disney is "back in full swing" by that time.

ppete1975

Yep. Even with the COVID, I can state factually that the exact same reservation for 2020 increased exactly $550.52 for 2021. That is for a Magic Kingdom view room at the Contemporary complete with park tickets and memory maker (no dining plan). That amounts to an 8% yearly inflation rate...which...arguably...is lower than past years.

Still, one main reason we cancelled for 2020 is because I simply could not justify the cost of a deluxe resort for such a "diminished" Disney vacation. We have reservations now for September 2021 and can only hope that Disney is "back in full swing" by that time.
dont blame you, i can understand them not reducing the ticket prices on the website or officially (sets a precedence i dont think they want), but they should be offering steep discounts on stays, or even free admission or half to a park if you stay in a deluxe room. I usually stay in the antebellum style mansions at por and that is super cheap compared to where you stay, and id have a hard time rationalizing full price right now. Though the empty parks sure look tempting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom