What's going in place of the 100 YoM logo?

Blizz

Ok, let me put it better, it does not match the theme of that set. It would be like sticking Charlie Chaplin in Toy Story.

DVCgirl49

Ok, keep the hat if they must.....but PLEASE move it somewhere else! Personally I think that it detracts from the whole "studio" concept of the park. Why not put it outside to the right of the entrance? It's still there, and at the same time when you walk in past the turnstiles you will still be able to see the Chinese Theater and the theming of the streets will still fit together.

Blizz

Yeah, stick it where the big blow up stitch thingie was and make it a locker rental place, LOL. Thats beter then where it is now.

Mission: SPACE

I don't think it is just as simple as 'moving' the Sorceror's Hat... it took months to assemble!!! It would take months to move ( causing problems within the park) and would take months to REasssemble!!!

ToTBellHop

The park icon needs to be in the park...the hat fits in the Hollywood set about as much as the 40 foot guitar on Sunset Boulevard, Tatooine down the street from the hat, the giant dinosaur, Indiana Jones, the Muppets, Honey, I Shrunk the Kids, and pretty much the rest of the backlot. Fantasia was released pretty close to the "Hollywood, 1939" setting of the Tower of Terror...incidentally "one stormy night long ago". Again, this is a modern day set which Mickey would have been at home in.

AndyMagic

My problem with the Hat isn't it's location or that it detracts from the theme. Rather it is the fact that it is ugly and has zero magic to it! I mean come on... Magic Kingdom gets a beautiful castle, Epcot gets an enormous sphere that has an enormous ride encased inside, Animal Kingdom has the most impressive "Tree" in the world that takes hours to appreciate... and MGM gets... A BLUE CONE?!?! It simply doesn't work and I'm pretty sure that everyone here can think of a billion better ideas than that. As for me... I always considered the Chinese Theatre the icon and was perfectly happy with it. It wasn't "one of a kind" but at least it was attractive and had some majesty to it. PLEASE Disney RIP that hideous cone err.. "Hat" out of the ground.

JeepGuy77

I heard that the reason why the scorceror hat was built in front of the Chinese theater is that doisney doesnt have th right to use the image of the mann chinese theater anymore because the ownership of the rights changed over and they cant use the hollywood blvd with the theater at the end. Maybe this is just a temporary fix till they sort all the legal issues out. I agree the thing is an eyesore where it is currently located. Knowing Disney they will probably make it into something that can be used a few more years. Probably a big pin station. Maybe paint it pink and put inflatable candles on it? hehe.

ToTBellHop

Explain to me how a carbon copy of Mann's Chinese Theatre was magical in any way, shape, or form. It was not uniquely disney at all. A 130 foot tall had that sparkles at night seems magical to me--the same larger than life feel we get from the other icons. We have a big tree, a big hat, and a big golf ball.

Elaine

THE HAT

It's in the wrong spot!!! It detracts from the whole feeling of MGM. It didn't even make a good shop. It is pretty but makes the center of MGM cluttered. Just looks out of place.

BRER STITCH

Maybe they will put a thrill-coaster in the hat at the same time they add one to the Epcot Ball.

:hammer:

WOW....I couldn't even TYPE that with a straight face!!!

ToTBellHop

Re: THE HAT

Originally posted by Elaine
It's in the wrong spot!!! It detracts from the whole feeling of MGM. It didn't even make a good shop. It is pretty but makes the center of MGM cluttered. Just looks out of place.

Dare I say a giant hat fits in at the end of Hollywood Boulevard about as much as a medieval castle at the end of Main Street, USA...

WDWspider

Re: Re: THE HAT

Originally posted by DogsRule!
Dare I say a giant hat fits in at the end of Hollywood Boulevard about as much as a medieval castle at the end of Main Street, USA...

Dare say it. Might I add... The Magic Kingdom is all about Magical Worlds, MGM is about Movies. Where do you not see the connection? I think you should be able to see the Icons of each park as you enter, now you can at each park.

cookiee_munster

an idea... is that lake with the dinosaur big enough to have the hat put into it??? i think that would look pretty cool. They could illuminate it at nite with lights from underneith the water and have like fountains and stuff. It would also act as a good meet up place. "meet around the lake with the hat in the center." :)

Dandyboing

Originally posted by BRER STITCH
Maybe they will put a thrill-coaster in the hat at the same time they add one to the Epcot Ball.

:hammer:

WOW....I couldn't even TYPE that with a straight face!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can't take place in teh argument about were the hat should be (4 years since I've been there :p), but it *sounds* like a good place to me :)

JeepGuy77

As for the "icon" for the studios. Hasnt the Water Tower with te mickey ears on it always been the "icon" of the park? Its whats printed on all merchandise previous to the scorcerer hat. no?

WDWspider

Originally posted by JeepGuy77
As for the "icon" for the studios. Hasnt the Water Tower with te mickey ears on it always been the "icon" of the park? Its whats printed on all merchandise previous to the scorcerer hat. no?

Yes, previous to now it was the Icon. It no longer is though.

BRER STITCH

Break out your "celebration" clothes.....

The Hat now says: 105 Years of Magic.

....what a party it will be!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom