What's coming after FLE?

Disneyboy17

Original Poster
Hi I'm fairly new to the boards but does anyone know what's coming in after the FLE? Is all we can expect for magic kingdom for the next 15-20 years?

Disneyboy17

Original Poster
I thought avitar was dead? Do u really think there not gonna possibly close down Tommorowland for a couple months for a refurb it desperately needs it

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
It seems they have more refurbs and upgrades going on in the last 12 months than they have done in the last 10 years combined. I say we at least give them the benefit of the doubt. If a few new attractions are added in and this pace keeps up with refurbs, we could very well see some big improvements. I'm just being optimistic. TDO or whoever is in charge needs to definitely iron out a few wrinkles in their process, but with FLE, BTMRR, Art of Animation, GF DVC, TuTo Italia, etc.., going on, I will say they are least making a decent effort. I still believe Disney standards have fallen over the years and there's a long way to go, but its gotta start somewhere. Could this all be that start of something bigger?

Disneyboy17

Original Poster
I don't think the standards have fallen customer service wise! Well it's hard to give them a chance when they don't give out details about projects such as avitar which IMO doesn't even belong. What about the rest of MK it fells like the rest of the lands are going to be not proportional to the immense size of the FLE. When it comes down to it how have the parks really evolved? This expansion Is a first! Ak hasn't gotten any new attractions since 06 an Hollywood studios hasn't either! It's just upsetting that after this mk will not receive any love! Tommorowland is so dated an so many rides need updating. Anyone in the know what's the future of mk after FLE?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I thought avitar was dead? Do u really think there not gonna possibly close down Tommorowland for a couple months for a refurb it desperately needs it

No reason to believe Avatar is dead. It was announced before any real design work had been done on it so it's not unusual that we have heard nothing more about it.

Lee

Adventurer
From what I"be read and heard avitar is dead due to legal issues with the director

Absolutely false.
Avatar is working its way through the design phase. No guarantee it gets built but at this point it's still on track.

After FLE, I wouldn't expect anything major at MK until at least 2020.

MotherOfBirds

What happened with the big rumors about something brewing in Frontierland? Or was that just the favored rumor when everyone knew something big was coming and it turned out to be Avatar?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From what I"be read and heard avitar is dead due to legal issues with the director

There have been a couple of lawsuits brought by people who claim to have had some part in writing Avatar. These sorts of suits are quite common place these days especially when something is this financially successful. There is no reason to believe this will have any effect on the project.

NoChesterHester

What happened with the big rumors about something brewing in Frontierland? Or was that just the favored rumor when everyone knew something big was coming and it turned out to be Avatar?

There was a rumor of a Kali Rapids style raft ride taking over Tom Sawyer Island. Lee confirmed it was a real concept. They are dumping so much money into Fantasyland, all the refurbs, not to mention a video game that it is hard to imagine that future resources wont be put toward the parks that need it more.

Although... If Tron would've made another 150 million we may have gotten a new e-ticket in Tomorrowland.

RSoxNo1

Assuming Avatar gets built, I would expect some smaller additions to DHS and Epcot to keep them fresh, but it sounds like the next big addition will be Avatar. That fits into the normal build cycle though for major expansion - I just hope that a few more smaller rides are added to DHS to round out the attraction lineup.

bdearl41

Desperately needs a new ride!!!!

I think Adventure land needs a new E Ticket ride more than any other location. Even something simple like the Indiana Jones roller coaster at Disneyland Paris.

aladdin2007

Absolutely false.
Avatar is working its way through the design phase. No guarantee it gets built but at this point it's still on track.

After FLE, I wouldn't expect anything major at MK until at least 2020.

Maybe at least a new parade by the 50th. :brick:

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I'm not against the Avatar project but I'm curious as to why they would choose that over all of the Disney movies they could have gone with? I know Avatar was a big hit movie but it just does not feel very "Disney" to me.

aladdin2007

Probably.
But, that's one of the things that would least excite me.

I agree thats not really considered major or anything. And its something thats really needed before the 50th. Thats ten years yet of the same awful ongoing "whats left of" a parade.

SyracuseOrange

There was a rumor of a Kali Rapids style raft ride taking over Tom Sawyer Island. Lee confirmed it was a real concept. They are dumping so much money into Fantasyland, all the refurbs, not to mention a video game that it is hard to imagine that future resources wont be put toward the parks that need it more.

Although... If Tron would've made another 150 million we may have gotten a new e-ticket in Tomorrowland.

This would have been amazing. I'm still hoping that if the animated series is a success, that there MIGHT be a small sliver of hope for a Tron attraction.

DisneyFan 2000

I think the most educated guess would be nothing, not until MK's big 50th. I'm sure they'll have something impressive for the big date, but leading to that we'll probably see Avatar, and if we're lucky another C or D for DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom