What's a good order to do the parks.....

MayKit

with a 7 year old girl who is at WDW for the first time? We will be going to the Magic Kingdom, Epcot and Animal Kingdom for sure. (MGM is stll up in the air)

animal_king1990

I would go to Epcot first, then Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom. If you visit Magic Kingdom first, your neice might find Epcot boring in comparison. Animal Kingdom is also a good one to start with if your neice is into animals. The order I would visit would be this:

1. Epcot
2. Animal Kingdom
3. Magic Kingdom.

Your neice might be a little too young for the rides at MGM so I would skip that park. And without the rides, MGM is not a very good park. The only reason I see you would visit MGM is Fantasmic.

Upvote 0

MickeyTigg

I'm going to totally disagree with the logic about saving MK for last but with a caveat.

It depends when you're going and when during the day you arrive. If MK is not open late and you're arriving mid-day...go to Epcot first since it's open longer.

I would do Magic Kingdom next....with all the anticipation on a first visit, Magic Kingdom says Disney and she's not going to want to wait through 2 days of less magical parks and save the Magic Kingdom for last.

How many days are you staying.

If you have 4 days or more -

1. Epcot
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Studios
4. Magic Kingdom/Animal Kingdom - do AK in the afternoon to catch the parade

If only 3 days -

1. Epcot
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Studios/AK - or reverse order depending on which parade you want to see

Note - if you leave late in the day you can squeeze in a park prior to leaving. That could be either MK or AK if you add MK to one of the split days.

Upvote 0

KaliSplash

Philosophically,

I'd go Epcot, Animal Kingdom, Disney-MGM, and Magic Kingdom. Saving the best for last. Epcot will look pretty good to a seven-year-old with no frame of reference. Then it just gets better.

However, the reality is, everyone knows about the Magic Kingdom. Particularly if you are staying in a Monorail/Wilderness Lodge resort, it will be impossible to be there for several days without going to the Magic Kingdom.

Therefore, I'd still go to Epcot the first day regardless, and then work in what fits from an Extra Magic Hour point of view. One way to delay Magic Kingdom Magic is to just to there at night for the parade and fireworks, promising to come back (probably tomorrow!)

Enjoy!

Upvote 0

DisneyMarg

As I've posted before, I have a morbid philosophy that you should do what is most important to you first, so that if you have to leave early or someone gets strep throat or a stomach bug, you will have at least done the most important thing. All three of those have happened to folks I've travelled with.

Upvote 0

Woody13

DisneyMarg said:
As I've posted before, I have a morbid philosophy that you should do what is most important to you first, so that if you have to leave early or someone gets strep throat or a stomach bug, you will have at least done the most important thing. All three of those have happened to folks I've travelled with.
That is the definitive answer!

Upvote 0

hrmom26

i went to epcot the first night to see illuminations, then mgm studio's, AK , I went to MK next but took the next day to rest at the hotel and go to downtown disney at night , i went to MK again you need two days at MK to really see it all and enjoy it don't cram to much into each day.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
Here's my typical order...

MGM Studios first - because I think it's the least entertaining park I like to do this on day 1 while I'm just so excited to be at Disney I'd do anything.

Magic Kingdom second - because then I don't have to spend my whole trip feeling like I'm "waiting" to go to Magic Kingdom.

Epcot third - because I feel it's a very relaxing park and allows you to chill out a little after a busy day at MK.

Animal Kingdom fourth - because if we get to the 4th day and we feel we didn't see enough of the other parks, we can just skip AK and go back and do another park. Or if we feel we've had enough of the other parks then we do AK.

Upvote 0

PigletIsMyCat

As long as we get there before MK closes, we do MK first. And we do MK our last day. And like two days in between. The other three are left up to which bus line seems shortest in the morning!

I think you should go to MK first, because the other parks still have their own magic to offer, and you really will need two or three days for MK. My first time to Disney, I would want to see that castle right away!

Upvote 0

Brent

Exactly Right

TiggerRPh said:
I'm going to totally disagree with the logic about saving MK for last but with a caveat.

It depends when you're going and when during the day you arrive. If MK is not open late and you're arriving mid-day...go to Epcot first since it's open longer.

I would do Magic Kingdom next....with all the anticipation on a first visit, Magic Kingdom says Disney and she's not going to want to wait through 2 days of less magical parks and save the Magic Kingdom for last.

How many days are you staying.

If you have 4 days or more -

1. Epcot
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Studios
4. Magic Kingdom/Animal Kingdom - do AK in the afternoon to catch the parade

If only 3 days -

1. Epcot
2. Magic Kingdom
3. Studios/AK - or reverse order depending on which parade you want to see

Note - if you leave late in the day you can squeeze in a park prior to leaving. That could be either MK or AK if you add MK to one of the split days.

This sounds perfect to me now anyone have a idea about how to take my 21 year old bf for the first time for our 3 days i was considering MK (jan 9) EPCOT (jan 10) & DS (jan. 11) fitting in AK where/if we have time. In other words in the order the parks opened.:D

Upvote 0

col

in my opinion i would do animal kingdom first, then mgm, water park, epcot then another water park then world showcase in epcot then last but by no means least magic kingdom. thats more or less they way that i use to do the parks.
have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom