Whatever happened to...

Now Is The Time

Original Poster
Ok so my mom made me search the internet for what she thought was still available as a "to do" on Main Street at MK. Remember back in the day when you could go to what she calls the "Old Timey Photos" place (her words, not mine - it was a Kodak place) where you dress up as people from the early 1900's and get your picture taken on the back of a caboose? Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Ella's Mommy

I remember what your talking about. My mom and I have that pic. But of course I was 8 years old when that was taken and I'm now 30. I dont remember when they got rid of it though sorry:wave:

brkgnews

Maybe inside the Kodak exposition hall immediately on your right just as soon as you walk through the tunnels onto Town Square/Main Street USA? I seem to remember them having a 'take your photo' place there once you go through the scrapbook sales area. You can also go do some freebies even further back in the building, in front of a Steamboat Willie cutout, Pixar scenes, etc. It's in the same room as the movie screen that plays vintage cartoons.

Disneybird

One of these photo opportunities use to be near the POTC attraction. You would dress in a pirate theme. I have a picture made there many years ago. With the popularity of pirates right now, I'm surprised they don't bring it back.

Connor002

Whatever happened to anything "to do" on Main Street?
It seems more-or-less a giant Disney strip mall these days. :shrug:

Now Is The Time

Original Poster
I remember what your talking about. My mom and I have that pic. But of course I was 8 years old when that was taken and I'm now 30. I dont remember when they got rid of it though sorry:wave:

Yeah it's probably been gone for some time now as I've suspected. I just can't remember exactly where it was.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Whatever happened to anything "to do" on Main Street?
It seems more-or-less a giant Disney strip mall these days. :shrug:

It's the same in cities all over America. Urban blight has moved in, downtown stores close up - move out to the suburbs.

Store fronts will soon be boarded up with the Emporium moving out to Fantasyland, because that's where the people are.

Already, we see giant rats running up and down Main Street.

It's just a matter of time!

Disneybird

It's the same in cities all over America. Urban blight has moved in, downtown stores close up - move out to the suburbs.

Store fronts will soon be boarded up with the Emporium moving out to Fantasyland, because that's where the people are.

Already, we see giant rats running up and down Main Street.

It's just a matter of time!

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:
Unkadug, sometimes I think you're just not right!

Disneybird

There use to be an alcove on Main Street with flower carts. It was very pretty. But alas, the alcove became part of a store.

One of the things I miss about Main Street, was eating breakfast on the porch at what is now Tony's Town Square.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Ahh, the magic shop he says wistfully.

It was an attraction to itself. I really miss it. :(

There are many things about mainstreet that I miss. Those are two. There was also a flower display in one of the sidestreets with a flower cart. Growing up, we always had to have a picture taken in front of the flower cart. It was one of my moms traditions. Now she is gone and I long for that damned flower cart....:lol:

On a side note, I was very suprised to find alot of the penny arcade items in the mainstreet train station on our last trip.

EPCOT.nut

Yeah I remember being in middle school and going to MK with all the kids in class. We all hit the magic shop and got stuff to mess with on the bus ride back home. I got some of that smoking glue stuff - you would put it on your fingers and *snap* and your fingers were smoking. Can't remember much else there----isn't there a magic shop in Downtown Disney now?

Phonedave

Yeah I remember being in middle school and going to MK with all the kids in class. We all hit the magic shop and got stuff to mess with on the bus ride back home. I got some of that smoking glue stuff - you would put it on your fingers and *snap* and your fingers were smoking. Can't remember much else there----isn't there a magic shop in Downtown Disney now?

Yes there is. But its not a "smoking glue / snapping gum" type place. Expect to pay $15 to $60 each for close magic tricks (ones that work up close)

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom