What year do people usually do the CP?

imagineergurl

Original Poster
I'm thinking about going to the Spring 2009 CP, which would be my sophomore year and I'd be turning 20 during it. I was just wondering when most people do their CP, like should I just wait till I graduate and do it? I'd rather go now so when I get my degree I can head straight for an internship.

Also is it possible to take online courses while your on the CP? I currently go to UCF up here in Orlando and I would much rather take online courses from them that would count toward my major than the Disney classes. I'm majoring in Industrial Engineering so none of the classes Disney is offering would count for me.

dani8706

It seemed like most of the people who were there during my program were 2nd semester freshman or sophmores. Just to give you an idea, of my whole apartment building of 12 apartments, 10 apartments were wellness- meaning everyone in them was 20 years or younger (no one over 21 had chosen to live in wellness in our building). I would suggest doing it now- the program seems to really change people, and it might give you a new direction to follow in college. It's definitely possible to take online classes while you're there. I did it, and so did 3 of my roommates. There's internet in all the apartments, plus the computer labs at all the complexes. Plus there's test proctoring if your instructor requires your tests to be proctored. One of my roommates even had a manager who would schedule around her online classwork.

joanna71985

I'm thinking about going to the Spring 2009 CP, which would be my sophomore year and I'd be turning 20 during it. I was just wondering when most people do their CP, like should I just wait till I graduate and do it? I'd rather go now so when I get my degree I can head straight for an internship.

Also is it possible to take online courses while your on the CP? I currently go to UCF up here in Orlando and I would much rather take online courses from them that would count toward my major than the Disney classes. I'm majoring in Industrial Engineering so none of the classes Disney is offering would count for me.

I did my first program my first year in school, after 1 semester. I was 19 when I went down, and turned 20 towards the end of my program. Then I did my second program after 3 semesters. I turned 21 on that program (after a couple of months in FL). It varies, but I think a lot of people do the CP their sophmore year. Also, a lot of people do the CP right after they graduate from college (I will be doing this too).

As for the classes, I believe you can. You would have to discuss that with your school.

joanna71985

Well I know my school has some online classes I can take, I'm not too worried about that. But do I have to take a Disney class?

Only if your school requires you to take one. My first CP I took one, because I got credits for it. But my second and third CPs I did not take any classes. They are optional.

joanna71985

Do they let people at UCF do the program? I always thought the school was excluded.

I don't think any school is excluded. It may not host the CP presentations, or a school may not give credits, but a school wouldn't be excluded. Besides, I can't see FL schools being excluded from the CP.

wdwdude423

I'm a freshman and I'm leaving next week to do my CP(it's only my second semester). I couldn't wait to finish my first semester so I could finally do the CP! As stated in a previous post, I think it's best to do the CP early so you know for sure what you want to do(assuming you have career goals that include Disney). If not, it's always nice to have Disney on your resume. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom