What would you like to see in the place of Tom Sawyers Island?

raven

Davidsplanet said:
With Halloween becoming more and more popular and Disney streching it's powerfull hands into the Halloween spirit. And the fact that the Tom Sawyer Island is close to the Haunted Mansion, perhaps a year round Halloween attraction would be appropiate.

Now THAT'S more like it! :kiss:

Grim Grinner

I know the logisitics would be a nightmare, but wouldn't an underground cave linking the island to the "mainland" help speed up traffic and maintain the theme? I bet there'd be an increase of traffic over the bottleneck of those rafts.

You could theme the cave with audio-animatronic bears, fluttering bats- and an action voice of Injun Joe looking for Tom.

I know it would be nigh impossible to implement, but I think that this idea would resolve many problems for the Island.

And... If anyone thinks that Disney should theme it to Lost... shame on you. That's what those islands in the middle of the lake should be for!

UKMickeyFan

I think some of the people on here really need to get a life. The OP did not say that he wanted to get rid of Tom Sawyer Island or that he had heard rumours that it was going to change any time in the near future. His post was to get ideas for new attractions that could go in that place. Reading another tread about people who don't want to lose a classic attraction was not the idea of his post. If you don't have an alternate suggestion there is no need to post that you love Tom Sawyer Island and don't want it to change!

disneygirl1024

Leave it the way it is. My kids and I enjoy too much for it to be anything else and besides it would look kind of retarded having a riverboat sailing around and something else in the middle besides Tom's Island.:kiss:

pinjim

A ticket into Magic Kingdom — $60 ...
A ride on a wobbling raft —__scary ...
Time spent on Tom Sawyer's Island — PRICELESS!!!:)

Tom Sawyers Island should be replaced with either:

-Geyser Mountain
-Journey to the Center of the Earth but with Baxters "Discovery Bay" themeing (Victorian san fransisco)
-Something new by WDI

Lomma

Thunder Mountain

As most of you know, in Disneyland Paris there is no Tom Sawyer Island but there is an island. Big Thunder Mountain occupies it. On the shore side (picture the area in WDW where you get on the ferry) you line up in the mining building and then the train shoots through the bat infested tunnel and emerges on the island where you ride around on the mountain. Also, the mining company iwas owned by the same man who built Phantom Manor -- so there is an over-theme to Frontierland which is interesting.

I realize it is redundant to do something too similar in WDW but I like the concept a lot. I wonder if there is some kind of ride that could occupy TSI where you would board on the shore and emerge on the island. It would have to be an outdoor ride but different enough from BTM to be relevent. Maybe a thrill ride but maybe not. For the life of me, I can't quite imagine what that would be... I think it would have to be tied, theme-wise, to either a frontier theme or a colonial theme. A villain island is fascinating and something I'd like to see but might be jarring in the midst of the current themed lands.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If it ain`t broke, why fix it?

Halloween - not a chance. The atmosphere of Frontierland and Liberty Square would be ruined.

Tom Sayer Island is the ideal backdrop from BTM to the HM and all parts inbetween. No to mention the practicalities of closing down Rivers of America for 2-3 years.

Next thing you know they`ll be replacing Alien Encounter with a cartoon tie in..

daverube

I've always thought that the Skyway (especially when it was actually in operation) should continue past fantasyland to frontierland and then adventureland....

Obviously, as a child, I never understood that Disney does everything it can to keep you from seeing past the magic...ie. the actual buildings that house rides like SplashMountain and PotC...

That being said, I'd like to see the Skyway reopened and used to drop people at the other end of TSI....depending on how tall the Liberty Bell is, the Sky Way may be able to make a full circle turn around Fronteirland and arrive back at the Ski lodge in Fantasy land....

I do like the nostalgia of TSI....I don't know how much that is appreciated by kids these days (I'm 33, btw)....I'd like Aunt Polly's to be open a little more, though.....they were closed when we visited last August....

Also, I like the barrel bridges....mucho fun...

nicholas

A Pocahontas theme might work. There are already some Native American animatronics and scenes on the shores around it. And that could also tie into Injun Joe from Tom Sawyer.

spoodles

I was going to respond negativistically myself, saying that unless you had the perfect strategery, any change would be a travashamockery! But then I found that "negativistic" is really a word. I stand correctated.

Edeyore

I tried not to say it! I covered my mouth and bound my hands, but we are 39 responses in from the original post. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!!
A Harry Potter Ride! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom