What would you get rid of?

wdwmomof3

Sounds dangerous? Has this not already closed? I was thinking that this is where the new ride at MGM was going. When we were there it was closed.:shrug:

I almost forgot... I would remove Conservation Station or at least make some improvements to it so that it would be worth going there for.

MojoMax

Magic Kingdom - Lose Stitch
Epcot - Love to see a cool redo with something Future Worldish at WoL
MGM- Sounds Dangerous is okay, kinda enjoyed it, but not enough for me to keep it.
AK - Have not been there enough to give verdict on one attraction.

KimnAbby

I do think that you can't always get rid of the rides that have less frequent visitors (for lack of a better way to phrase it). Carousel of Progress is never very busy, but it's a classic and a Walt original. I do think that you could do away with Stitch's Great Escape and the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. I tried to think of other ones, but it just wouldn't be the same!

erasure fan1

I do think Stitch is a heck of a good candidate for closing but I would like to see the Indy stunt show go first. MGM needs help and by closing this you can add a new E-ticket. The show has lost its appeal, after you see it 3 or so times its something you can miss and not really care, and I love Indiana Jones. The other thing I would like to see close is camp minnie mickey, you can move the shows if you want but this is a wasted spot in the AK.

CThaddeus

Interesting. I don't think anyone has mentioned Laugh Floor yet. Is it better than everyone originally predicted? I haven't seen it, but I'd still kick it out because of its location (Disney-Pixar Studios would have made more sense).
I still don't get all the hatred for Stitch, though. I still think it's so much better of a show than Alien Encounter, waaay better than LMA and Test Track, and light years beyond Under New Management. But then I still think Sounds Dangerous and Rafiki's Planet watch are worth keeping, too.

lilredfoxie

My Disney Attraction Hit List lol

EVERYTHING THAT IS INNOVENTIONS! gimme an updated communicore
Mission Space, they coulda just torn down the back half and fixed it with a new ride
Buzz Lightyear, I want an enchanting ride about airplanes
Soarin, flying thru california is no match for singing fruits and vegtables
New version of Pirates, I liked the old one better
Nemo invasion of Seas Pavilion, I liked those Hydrolators
Leave a Legacy, its ugly looking, the old epcot entrance was much classier, and I hate my photo on it.
Test Track, World of Motion had a better exterior layout

ldsprincess

i agree with whoever said Narnia. the little snow thing outside is cool and the costumes and all...but it felt like a big advertisement. i guess it wasn't really worth the wait. they should have made an actual ride or attraction. it feels so temporary and pointless...oh well. also i love peter pan and the line is always sooo long but it's in serious need of refurbishing. i rode it last friday and poor wendy's pony tail had follen off and was stuck between her hands and back in one scene! it's such an amazing ride for kids and adults, but it needs lots of TLC...right now!!!
~Renee

jayhawk2307

Original Poster
I do think Stitch is a heck of a good candidate for closing but I would like to see the Indy stunt show go first. MGM needs help and by closing this you can add a new E-ticket. The show has lost its appeal, after you see it 3 or so times its something you can miss and not really care, and I love Indiana Jones. The other thing I would like to see close is camp minnie mickey, you can move the shows if you want but this is a wasted spot in the AK.

Do I dare say it?:lookaroun A spot for Beastly Kingdom:D

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Magic Kingdom- Stitch's Great Escape. I know they're never bringing back AE, but please, please, get rid of this disaster.

Epcot- Wonders of Life. Gut the whole pavillion. I love some of the attractions in there, but it is an incredible waste of space to have this building just sit there with those sad, lonely flower pots blocking the entrance. Turn it into SOMETHING already!

Studios- Sounds Dangerous. Irritating. Nothing more needs to be said.

Animal Kingdom. All of Dinoland, with the exception of Dinsoaur. Chester, Hester, PrimEVIL Whirl, they all need to go. It's so incredibly hoaky and cheesy, and very Six Flags-ish. It's a pity, because a dinosaur themed land done well could be really cool. Incidentally, Dinosaur itself happens to be my favorite attraction at AK.

I3olTz

i would say SD+ ABC theater its a big spot where a new ride can go (indy ride woooo! :lookaroun ) and someone said the indy stunt show + LMA....these show are very popular both shows get completely filled most times.

jayhawk2307

Original Poster
Animal Kingdom. All of Dinoland, with the exception of Dinsoaur. Chester, Hester, PrimEVIL Whirl, they all need to go. It's so incredibly hoaky and cheesy, and very Six Flags-ish. It's a pity, because a dinosaur themed land done well could be really cool. Incidentally, Dinosaur itself happens to be my favorite attraction at AK.

I second that. I've never liked the whole Dino-Rama area I always thought it was cheesy and stood for everything thats NOT Disney but hey thats just me and my opinion.

hammysammy59

Wowies... am I really the first to say THE WAND?

I can deal with "bad" rides/shows (I like everything... yes, REALLY)... if there's something I don't want to ride/watch, I can just avoid it and do something else. That wand though... it ruins a landmark... scars the skyline. It's a whole hell of a lot harder to avoid than a ride or two. I can even handle the tombstones, but man, that wand doesn't exactly scream "future!" or "impressive!" like the stand-alone ball did.

But, I'll bite and name a ride I want dropped: Tomorrowland "Speedway." Stitch ain't a classic, but at least it has futuristic technology, robots and space aliens... the Tomorrowland speedway is go-karts stuck to a rail so you can't even steer for yourself. Whee?

Angelo-Titan

I know this isn't a ride but get rid of or reuse the old Skyway buildings (The one near Small World and the one near Spaceship Earth).

Get rid of Fast Passes. The lines better without them.

All of the Disney Vacation Club Kisosks.

Pooh's Playful Spot. Man now that the Nemo Subs are such a big hit in Anaheim, are we kicking ourselves for filling in the 20k lagoon.

Donald's boat, what do you do there anyway.

Get rid of any gift shop at the end of any ride. I like gift shops, but do I have to be dumped into one at the end of a ride. Man, I will buy that $30 stuffed animal if I wanted to.

sleepybear

Magic Kingdom -- Definitely the Speedway. It just takes up sooo much space and every theme park has a ride like it. And most of them are better than this.

Epcot -- Those cement monoliths in front of SSE.

MGM -- The backlot tour. Such a wispy shadow of what it used to be

Animal Kingdom -- Camp Minnie Mickey. I'm not opposed to a camp-themed character area, but it would be the perfect spot to show off animals native to North America. There could be a trail similar to the ones in Africa and Asia but featuring bears, moose, mountain lions, otters, etc.

raven

NOOOO!!!!
RNR?
TOT?
NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

It's pretty sad that these are pretty much the only attractions in MGM that pull guests into the park. And since they put them side by side along with Fantasmic, what use is there to visit the rest of the park? There isn't in my opinion. I thought the motor car stunt show was very boring and a HUGE waste of space, the Backlot tour is a laugh, The Muppets is so old and out-dated by other current 4D movies in the other parks and Star Tours is a snore. Having said that, I seldom bother going to MGM because it's over crowded due to the small size and there's not much to do. I usually hit it up on my last half day of vacation before I get on the plane.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom