What would you do with 14 days in Orlando?

Gagesmom314

We are working on our timeline for while we are on vacation. We are going to be there for 14 days. Getting there late on Friday June 11 and leaving on Friday June 25. We have a 7 day hopper pass plus to Disney World and we would like to visit the beach a few days possibly. We also have tickets for Sea World and have no desire to go to Universal Studios. Any reccomendations as to what to do?

bork

My wife and I had 14 days in Orlando for our Honeymoon in 2000. We stayed 1 week at the Polynesian and 1 week at Dixie Landings.

We got an AP for WDW, since it's cheapar if you go more than 7 days. Plus we were able to come back 10 months later for free.

We did 3 days at Universal. While not the same as Disney, we had fun there. The Studios actually has quite a bit to do, even if you aren't into roller coasters and thrill rides.

We did 1 day at SW. We really enjoyed it. Its slower pace is a nice break from the busy WDW and Universal theme parks.

Then we did 9 days at WDW.
3 days at MK
2 days at Epcot
2 days at MGM
1 day at AK

We also spent part of a day at DTD. One activity we enjoyed was resort hopping. It was fun checking out some resorts we've never seen and even eating some meals at a few of them.

We also did the Hoop de Doo dinner show at Fort Wilderness. It was a blast. I'd highly recommend it.

The Titanic experience on International drive is pretty cool.
Also, there are some dinner shows in Kissimmee. The Medievel Times dinner show was fun.

Upvote 0

drjny

My Views

First off, have fun and relax, you're on vacation!!!!

Then, check out some trip reports of people who have gone on longer trips like you. One website is:

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/reports.html

Then I'd say take a day off away from the main theme parks to do other things every other day or so. When we go each year for a week or so, we try to schedule a day away from the parks in between two days at the park. It helps since going through a park all day takes lots of energy and is nice to have a day off between the busy days.

During these days we do activities that are free, go golfing, play tennis, go swimming, go to DTD, WWoS, and go the water parks to name a few.

Upvote 0

Brandon

have fun

We are going to Disney World from June 16- July 4. I like to spread the parks out over the whole time. I bought a season pass and even got a discount on the resort rooms. Other things to do:
Shop and walk around in Celebration. This is right out the south entrance to the resort, by the All-star resorts.

The beach. Either direction it is a 1-1/2 hour drive.

Gatorland Zoo

NASA

Sea World (Although after being at Disney this place seems terrible)

DTD - Shopping can take all day here if you take your time.

We also like to jut sit around the resort pool all day. Grab a table and bring food out for breakfast, lunch and dinner (have a few drinks - yes, even non-alcoholic) and enjoy the pool with friends and family catch up with old times. After a while you really get in the groove like it is your own pool.

If you really want a long day goto Edisons home. It is about 3-4 hours away. Leave early and come back late.

Take a few tours $$$. It is worth it though.

Golf

Minature golf is awsome at (Winter Summerland and Fantasia). We go everytime we visit.

Kissimmi has a lot of junk stores you can goto. Although the Super Wal-mart seems to always be crowded like it is bak home like it is the day before Christmas.

There are a lot of Disney Outlet stores we always goto. There are also a lot of other outlet stores. They are located just outside the east gate to the resort and another huge mall by universal just north of WDW.

Bottom line use WDW as home base for a few days and just be a tourist junky. Enjoy your vacation. :animwink:

Upvote 0

Pippa

We always have a day on I Drive shopping and doing the smaller attractions, I recommend Titanic and Ripleys Believe It Or Not. As has been said try to relax!!!

Upvote 0

Gagesmom314

Original Poster
Friday June 11 – Fly to Orlando

Saturday June 12 – Magic Kingdom

Sunday June 13 – MGM Studios

Monday June 14 – Blizzard Beach

7:15 Hoop Dee Doo Revue

Tuesday June 15 – Sea World

Wednesday June 16 – Typhoon Lagoon

Thursday June 17 – Magic Kingdom

Friday June 18 – Animal Kingdom

Saturday June 19 – Park Hop

Sunday June 20 – Epcot
7:00pm Garden Grill Character dinner

Monday June 21 – Beach

Tuesday June 22 – Sea World

Wednesday June 23 - Beach

Thursday June 24 – Park Hop
2:00 Sci Fi Diner

Friday June 25 – Fly Home

Upvote 0

youngatheart21

I am also doing 14 days!!!

I 'll be in Florida from June 12 - June 27. I am spending 4 nights at Universal Orlando (will be going to Universal, Islands of Adventure, Wet N' Wild and Sea World) Then heading to Miami on the Amtrak and staying there for 2 nights. Finally 9 nights at WDW.

Upvote 0

BrerPete

Did this on our Honeymoon. Did Discovery Cove and Seaworld on the same day. If your not into rides you can do Seaworld in a couple of hours, unless you want to stay for their late shows. Every other day was Disney.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom