What would you choose?!

prfctlyximprct

Original Poster
2 TS credits at California Grill VERSUS 1 TS at O'hana and 1 TS at Via Napoli...

DECISIONS, DECISIONS. Any input?

Thank you :)

:p:p:p

lostpro9het

2 TS credits at California Grill VERSUS 1 TS at O'hana and 1 TS at Via Napoli...

DECISIONS, DECISIONS. Any input?

Thank you :)

:p:p:p
I'm guessing this is really a dining plan question. IMO, no DDP resturaunt is worth 2 credits so I'd choose 'Ohana and VN then pay out of pocket for CG. If I was being completely honest, I'd skip the DDP and use my TiW, but that's not what you asked for ;):D.

Mrhappyplace

I've never eaten at any of these three restaurants so my opinion is almost totally worthless.

From my limited experience I'd agree with Pro9het in that the one signature meal I had(Narcoossee's) did not to seem to be worth two table service credits.

With that said I definitely want to try O'Hana so I'd go with the option that includes that.

HouCuseChickie

I also think it's a waste to burn 2 credits on a meal unless you're on the deluxe plan. If you do the math on it...you should come out ahead picking two 1-credit meals. If this weren't a matter of DDP credits, I'd say go with Cali Grill as it's the better meal IMO, but I'd only pay OOP for it.

Disney4family

We just did all 3 last month. We used TiW for the first time over the DDP (and saved money). I would only go back to the Cali Grill. I will not waste a reservation on the other two. We had one of our best meals ever. We had no trouble requesting and getting a MK view, but we did have early reservations - which was great since we ran back to the BLT, got changed into "park" clothes and went back on Splash and BTMR at night while the fireworks were going off. Capped off a perfect evening!

[I apologize to the people here who have said Via Napoli isn't so great. I had defended it by saying I never had a bad meal there. That has now changed. The food was rushed. The waiter was polite, but rushed. The pepperoni pizza looked like my son created it on one of those video game conveyor belts since most of the pepperoni was on one small section and the rest was plain. I would not go back, even if it is only 1 credit.]

ekutchey

Now that is a difficult question. We love each of these. However if you are able to get reservations for Cali Grill during Wishes I say go for it. You wouldn't regret that choice!!

Danno0209

It's Disney! Splurge and do all three! My philosophy is to make sure I can do everything I want while I'm there...could be why my trip has become longer and more expensive! Lol but that's ok...its Disney and worth it IMO

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
It's Disney! Splurge and do all three! My philosophy is to make sure I can do everything I want while I'm there...could be why my trip has become longer and more expensive! Lol but that's ok...its Disney and worth it IMO
Haha! I totally feel the same! Our trips are now all pretty much a full 2 weeks! So we can fit in all out faves every trip. Tomorrow is never promised so I like to do all we like to do there every time. :)

doylekm

I think all three is always the way to go in Disney! Do you watch See Ya Reel Soon? In one of the videos, Joey has a chart that you can plug in all these numbers and decide if paying out of pocket, TiW or DDP is best for you based on what and where you eat.

I have all three booked for an upcoming trip. We will use our table credits for 'Ohana and California Grill and pay for Via Napoli out of pocket. You might consider looking at menu prices and see which way would come out cheaper. Given the price at 'Ohana, it may be close to the same price either way. Regardless, all three are great restaurants!

MickeyMomV

We have never been to Cali Grill so I would have to say O'hana if it was between the other two. We enjoy Via Napoli but the food and atmosphere at O'hana seals the deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom