What would WDW look like if the collective minds of this message board was in charge?

rct247

I'd be a disaster. Period.

Even the most plausible, great ideas from this board, would probably have issues regarding, safety, structural integrity, backstage facilities, finances, space usage, and technology.

Here you can always find someone who won't like something or wish it were better and thus even in a utopian Disney World, someone would find something wrong or wish it to be better.

You have the group of fanboys who want the old rides back. Then you have the group of Disney tweens that want 1 out of every 4 rides to be a roller coaster. Then you have the group of unrealistic big dreamers who would basically demolish the entire resort and start over. And finally, you'd have the group of people who make the big business mistakes with simple changes (aka the no strollers or no autograph books or lower prices, etc).

I would never want it, even if the collective minds included engineers, architects, business analysts, marketing gurus, entertainment producers, etc.

_Scar

Uhm, Let's See. By 2014...

Alien Encounter would replace Stitch's Great Escape.
Beauty and the Beast would replace Snow White.
New Daytime Parade for MK.
New Fireworks show for MK.
New Nighttime Parade for MK.
Spaceship Earth's Descent would be completed.
Total Overhaul for Universe of Energy.
Stormrider and corresponding Weather Pavillion replacing WoL.
Test Track would be gone in a heartbeat and be replaced by a brand new version of Horizans.
Imagination Pavillion would be redone with a new 3-d show and dark ride.
Soarin' would get it's own entrance outside of the land.
Russia, Austrailia, Brazil, Spain, South Africa, and India would all get their own WS pavillions.
Mt. Fuji Roller coaster behind Japan.
Germany would finally get it's rhine river cruise.
Italy would finally get it's gondola ride.
DHS would get a DCA-size redo taking place in about a year.
Idol would be launched into Outer Space with Stitch, the hat, and chester and hesters.
Indianca Jones Adventure would open next to the theater. (just knock down the show!)
Star Tours 2.0 (Oh Wait that's already happening. I meant to say...Star Tours 3.0)
Great Muppet Movie Ride Replacing Backlot Theater.
Carsland (Or Something Similar with Pixar Characters) replacing that God Awful Backlot Tour.
One Man's Dream would be expanded on an epic level.
Prince Caspian would be leveled and replaced by the incredicoaster.
Monster's Inc would finally open next to toy story.
Beastly Kingdom would open and would basically stretch through all the backstage areas on the left half of DAK.
New Dinosaur Boat ride replacing Chester and Hester's.
World of Color presented nightly in the DAK lagoon (I can't think if It has a name or not).

And probably more then that.

Bold= not on board/why?/is that really what we want?
Normal= Meh/no comment
Underlined= Awesome!

:lol::lookaroun

Edit- Here's my vision

2e22vlk.jpg

EpcotServo

If the question hasn't already been answered, the parks would be filled with massive rides fighting for attention and completely missing the point of the park, regular guests would be alienated, and of course everyone here would still be very very very unhappy-Because you should never ever get everything you want.

(But if you try sometimes, you just might find: You get what you need.)

Ralphlaw

It's reassuring, but not much fun, that the majority seems to agree that implementing unlimited wish lists would lead to disaster. The biggest problem, of course, would be financial. Paying for multi-million dollar attractions isn't nearly as easy as imagining them.

When Universal got Harry Potter, and agreed to dedicate an entire park to it, I was astounded. I really wanted Disney to get Harry Potter, and was, of course, disappointed. Now, who really is rabid about Harry Potter, and will there be enough interest in coming decades to dedicate an entire park to this? I think not. Either it will eventually fail financially, or it will become diluted with additional attractions that have little or nothing to do with Harry Potter.

Similarly, many people on these boards want want want, but ignore how they could be implemented and paid for. It's a sign of maturity that so many responses acknowledge this fact. I'm glad no one is blaming the bean-counters in this thread. Roy Disney constantly had to rein in Walt, and that, as much as any vision that Walt ever conjured up, led to the financial health that made "The Florida Project" a reality. In short, there's a place for both dreamers and bean-counters.

With that being said, I wish a Potterland could have been built in one of the parks, with a forbidden forest, Hogwarts banquet hall restaurant, and quidditch ride. Somehow, I doubt that anyone could live up to my vision, or pay for it responsibly.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
It's reassuring, but not much fun, that the majority seems to agree that implementing unlimited wish lists would lead to disaster. The biggest problem, of course, would be financial. Paying for multi-million dollar attractions isn't nearly as easy as imagining them.

When Universal got Harry Potter, and agreed to dedicate an entire park to it, I was astounded. I really wanted Disney to get Harry Potter, and was, of course, disappointed. Now, who really is rabid about Harry Potter, and will there be enough interest in coming decades to dedicate an entire park to this? I think not. Either it will eventually fail financially, or it will become diluted with additional attractions that have little or nothing to do with Harry Potter.

Similarly, many people on these boards want want want, but ignore how they could be implemented and paid for. It's a sign of maturity that so many responses acknowledge this fact. I'm glad no one is blaming the bean-counters in this thread. Roy Disney constantly had to rein in Walt, and that, as much as any vision that Walt ever conjured up, led to the financial health that made "The Florida Project" a reality. In short, there's a place for both dreamers and bean-counters.

With that being said, I wish a Potterland could have been built in one of the parks, with a forbidden forest, Hogwarts banquet hall restaurant, and quidditch ride. Somehow, I doubt that anyone could live up to my vision, or pay for it responsibly.
Universal is NOT dedicating a whole park to Harry Potter, only a section of one park.

Big difference.

LaughingGravy

-The Tiki Room would be fixed.

-Carousel of Progress would be updated with new AAs and an updated last scene. (Including the comment on one of the earlier scenes to Sarah about "you just keep ironing my shirts"..and the response of "yes, dear." :ROFLOL:)

-Figaro Fries, proper Chicken Strips and Dole Whips would be available at any counter service in the MK.

-Aladdin's magic carpet ride would be repositioned to just about anywhere sensible.

-Monorail expansion. 'Nuff said. Or better yet. WEDWAY!

-ADR allocation set aside for DVC owners, and along with that, more tables allocated for walkups, Say, 20% and 20%.
DVC owners log into their own ADR site. (And I'm not a DVC owner). Unused DVC ADRs at 2 hrs before dining time revert to walkup allocation.

-Where monorails aren't, a sensor system in place to redirect empty buses to where they are needed..i.e Bus pulls up to resort bound for Epcot, but nobody waiting, yet a massive line for another park.
Even bus driver discretion would be useful here, with proper guidelines.
Even if one person is waiting, you can't redirect the bus.

This nonsense about 3 empty buses coming and going to Epcot (substitute the park you don't want to go to that day), while 50 people are in line waiting over 40 min for one bus to MK (again, substitute yours) situation has got to stop.

Ralphlaw

Universal is NOT dedicating a whole park to Harry Potter, only a section of one park.

Big difference.

Yes, I see that now. But when it was first announced in 2008, some of the media said it would be its own theme park. Now it is publicized as being a theme park within a theme park, whatever that means. Now I'm really angry that Disney didn't buy the rights. It would have fit thematically into any of the 4 parks, but let's not go there right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom