What would Walt Disney think of the present day Magic Kingdom?

EnergyKing

Original Poster
He's walking down Main Street, USA. Everything's merchandise. He visits the other lands. What happens? What's running through his head? Discuss...

Arthur Wellesley

Personally, I'm not gifted enough as an individual to speak on behalf of the deceased, especially those of such high caliber as Walt. Thankfully for the OP, there are others here who seem to have mastered the miraculous & supernatural skill of knowing one's thoughts & opinions in the afterlife, and are much better suited than I to answer this tough question at hand. Proceed.

tigger1968

jon-stewart-popcorn11.gif

ParentsOf4

It's a deceptive exercise to imagine pulling someone from another time, inserting them into a new century, and then wondering how they might answer the question, "What do you think?"

Except perhaps George Washington, who I strongly suspect would be much happier with modern dentures. :D

People are products of their times and cultures.

Walt Disney's opinions almost certainly would have evolved in the 49 years since his death, if he had actually lived those 49 years.

It would be highly questionable to suggest that the Walt Disney of 2015 would be like the Walt Disney of 1966.

Winter

First, he'd be lke "What is this buzz lightyear, monsters inc, and Frozen things".

Then when he watches toy story and the other two things, he'd force stichs great escape to be removed.

BigRedDad

He would be appalled by seeing $0.03 worth of popcorn being sold for $6, that very little has changed since 1971. no innovation in the park. MK is still the best park there. He ouwld be upset with the cattle herding and overcrowding of the parks. He would also hate how commercial the park is as well. Coke in your face everywhere. Now a Sunglass Hut.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom