What would Walt Disney think of the present day Magic Kingdom?

Arty Cordova

Honestly with no jokes, I'm very curious how he would change Animal Kingdom. That park could be amazing with the right imagination.

Halloweenhead

Ha! This forum is possibly the most bi-polar forum on the Internet. Some of the topics I read make me super excited to head to WDW for the first time. Others (like this one :p) make me feel like I'm going to be massively disappointed/ underwhelmed.

DisneyJunkie

I'd like to think that if Walt walked around Magic Kingdom today, he'd be thinking the following:

- "Why in the world is the Tomorrowland Speedway still in existence and wasting so much space?"
- "Why have we updated animatronics in some attractions and not in Jungle Cruise?"
- "Let's fix the lazer cannons on Buzz Lightyear so they're hand-held and not mounted on the car."
- "Why must we rip people off on the cost of snacks like popcorn, ice cream, water, and so forth?"
- "Why has the park become so commercial, which I never wanted?"
- "Why can't we seem to put a decent attraction in the space where Stitch's Escape is now?"

Tonka's Skipper

The old story goes that the worse nightmare the Disney Executives have is that is Walt was frozen( which he was not) and was brought back to life, how they would explain what they did to his DL and his opinion of the other parks and company in general.

I think he would likely love something's:) and hates others:depressed:.

AKK

216bruce

Honestly with no jokes, I'm very curious how he would change Animal Kingdom. That park could be amazing with the right imagination.
I think that he would absolutely love AK (busted yeti notwithstanding). That and the fireworks, American Adventure, Illuminations and 'Castle shows" are the only things I am SURE he would love. He'd probably want ashtrays too.;)

EnergyKing

Original Poster
I think he would despise Aerosmith.

When is that contract up? They should remake R&R Coaster as some late 60's L.A. Psychedelic trip coaster with pieces of different songs. Or....maybe not in that spot, but a classical music coaster???? Perhaps in one of the "countries". Think about it think about it

DisneyJunkie

I think he would despise Aerosmith.

When is that contract up? They should remake R&R Coaster as some late 60's L.A. Psychedelic trip coaster with pieces of different songs. Or....maybe not in that spot, but a classical music coaster???? Perhaps in one of the "countries". Think about it think about it

The Aerosmith ride isn't in the Magic Kingdom.

lebeau

I have read a fair amount about Walt Disney. And one thing remains constant in all the stories I have read about him. No one was good at predicting what Walt would think of anything. Even those who worked with him and knew him well could never predict his moods or reactions. People who pretend like that can do it now decades after his death having never met the man are fooling themselves.

My guess is he'd be pretty po'ed no one built the city he was planning.

EnergyKing

Original Poster
No one is claiming to legitimately know what would be going on in Walt's hypothetical zombie mind. It's fun to imagine, that's all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom