What would it take for you to NOT go back?

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Almost there, spend allot less time at WDW 2-1 days compared to 4-5 days. Sometimes down to just a day at Epcot. It’s really not the same place, deferent feel and the atmosphere there as I once knew it is completely gone.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m not one to threaten not to go…

…however if they don’t add (ADD) new attractions to suck up crowds as attendance rises or their inventory ages even more…and pinch pennies for 5-10 years…like they did from 2000-2010…the in park days will be so bad there won’t be any point in going.

LaughingGravy

We did 2 weeks in January/February this year. I can only make the trip ever 2-3 years, and I will only do Fort Wilderness (I have a motorhome and LOVE the fort). I went for the first time in 1978, and love the magic. But, at the end of our last trip, I was wondering if that was the last visit - My wife and I are now in our 60's and the trip takes a lot out of us. Plus, the wife wants to go other places, and I still work so its not easy to take multiple week-long+ vacations. So, like I said, we were not certain if we were going back. But, now with the pay-for-what-used-to-be-free fastpass system, along with the constantly rising ticket prices and campground rates, I think I am at the point where the return for what I pay might isnt worth it anymore. So, I think I am done, which makes me feel sad and old.

The is one caveat - I still want to take a RV trip across the country when I retire, and would love to hit DLR (never been there).
DLR is awesome! Do two days at DL and one at DCA. Park hopper is not worth it. I'm a convert, living in NJ. If you fly into Orange County/John Wayne, it's a tad more expensive, but a much nicer and closer to the park airport. You can do it nicely in a week.

jlhwdw

I have done onsite trips to Cedar Point and Hotel Breakers, Dollywood, Hersheypark and Universal Orlando since 2018. All have provided me with a friendly level of guest service that rivals Disney Cast Members, the amenities were wonderful (the beachfront access at Cedar Point was unbelievable. You could have fooled me into thinking I was on a Florida coast), the in park experiences were considerably more modern, more updated, more refreshed, and more enjoyable than the Disney parks as they currently stand. Sure, if you don't like big roller coasters and thrill rides some of those locations may not be for you. But for six days at Cedar Point we had access to a significantly more contemporary experience without the insanity of preplanning and monstrous, entitled crowds. And at all of the above mentioned parks, it was the little things. Want to eat here? Sure thing - we'll have a table available in 20 minutes. Want to do this experience? Hop in this 30 minute line! Want to watch this entertainment offering? It starts at 8:00, we recommend being here by 7:45 if you want a good seat but we can still accommodate you right up until starting time. No need to pre plan and spend an hour or two guarding a parade or Fantasmic viewing spot.

And each of those trips were significantly less money (talking in the thousands at the end of the day) for a significantly better experience. It's no question. I won't go back.

Graham9

We are forced to re-evaluate the pro's and con's of coming to the world and it seems the balance has just tipped into the con's. Hence any future trips to WDW are in abeyance as I refuse to pay or use that Genie+. It costs a great deal to come to Florida, for the hotel and park tickets, but this is a deal-breaker.

Sorry - but that's it for me.

Elfinko

If fastpass never returns. Neither will we. The crowd levels need to chill out as well. Just can't do the crazily overcrowded thing having a family member with an ASD.
Well....that aged well. At least we got to visit a few times. Was nice while it lasted and was kind of affordable.

LovePop

Nothing. We will always go to Disney World and nowhere else, no matter how much they charge or take away. Nothing and nowhere else on this earth is good enough compared to Disney World, not even Disneyland.

Beacon Joe

I'll get back to you in 11 months because I'm sure I'll have a definitive answer at that point all revolving around lines and fa$pa$$/fancy ride$.

After that, if everything goes the way I think it will... we'll probably end up trading 1 or 2 visits to WDW every year for 1 visit to Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea maybe once per 15-20 years. And then I'll be dead so I'll definitely never set foot in WDW again.

StarshipDisney

Well, I just recently cancelled our 18-25 September trip. Disney is just too diminished and simply not worth the price to us. In fact, we are skipping Florida this year.

I made a reservation for the same Contemporary Resort package (MKV room, tickets, MM) for 3 - 10 December 2022 at a full 11.9% price increase. Yes, 11.9% more expensive than my 2021 reservation was...and that was 10% higher than our 2020 reservation was. Who was that person awhile back who stated low Disney inflation rates? I think their data was slightly flawed to say the least!

So, what will it take for us to not go back? Well, as far as Contemporary goes:

1) At that price, I expect full room service. If Disney comes out and says there will be an up-charge to make up my bed every day, then I will absolutely cancel.

2) If deluxe guest get nothing more than extra hours, then I consider that nothing and likely will cancel and stay off-site

3) If the only benefit to staying on site is 2 hours for lightning lane selection, then I will likely cancel and stay off-site

Guess we will see what things are like near December 2022. Disney needs to bring some significant perks back if they want these prices.

Willmark

Original Poster
Well, I just recently cancelled our 18-25 September trip. Disney is just too diminished and simply not worth the price to us. In fact, we are skipping Florida this year.

I made a reservation for the same Contemporary Resort package (MKV room, tickets, MM) for 3 - 10 December 2022 at a full 11.9% price increase. Yes, 11.9% more expensive than my 2021 reservation was...and that was 10% higher than our 2020 reservation was. Who was that person awhile back who stated low Disney inflation rates? I think their data was slightly flawed to say the least!

So, what will it take for us to not go back? Well, as far as Contemporary goes:

1) At that price, I expect full room service. If Disney comes out and says there will be an up-charge to make up my bed every day, then I will absolutely cancel.

2) If deluxe guest get nothing more than extra hours, then I consider that nothing and likely will cancel and stay off-site

3) If the only benefit to staying on site is 2 hours for lightning lane selection, then I will likely cancel and stay off-site

Guess we will see what things are like near December 2022. Disney needs to bring some significant perks back if they want these prices.
This pretty much.

Disney World like to think it’s the most expensive restaurant in the proverbial city and price/charge accordingly.

In reality the are McDonalds with the afore mentioned pricing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom