What would a modern Horizons/CoP ending scene look like?

Corbin

Original Poster
I thought about this the other day while listening to the Horizons soundtrack. Both CoP and Horizons depicted visions of the future, but eventually the future catches up.

Everything in the CoP ending scene is now a reality, down to the terrible 'smart' appliances and VR games. While we don't have underwater cities or space colonies, some aspects like group video calls (in the birthday song scene) and remote control farming do exist.

So, what would a modern take on Horizons or the CoP ending scene look like?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I thought about this the other day while listening to the Horizons soundtrack. Both CoP and Horizons depicted visions of the future, but eventually the future catches up.

Everything in the CoP ending scene is now a reality, down to the terrible 'smart' appliances and VR games. While we don't have underwater cities or space colonies, some aspects like group video calls (in the birthday song scene) and remote control farming do exist.

So, what would a modern take on Horizons or the CoP ending scene look like?
Watch WALL-E.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Basically the colony's and city scales would be there, the hover crafts for the farms, and a selected trip back, it wouldn't be to much different.

GVentola

I would hope they cut out in the Carousel of Progress any lame jokes about ham and cheese. Can't think up anything in regards to modern/future technology. Maybe have one of the characters go to call for some help with the kitchen utilities and end up on an endless phone tree recording instead of being able to speak to a human being. As for Horizons, I felt the ending sequences were to show the future, and as sea bases and families in outer space are still not common place, the sequence would still work for now without updating. I sure miss Horizons! At least, now I know there are sites on the web where you can relive old attractions, though it's not as fun as being there was.

MMDVC

The scenes in Carousel of Progress represent the way of life for a different century as an overall scene of modern life . The final scene is an interesting moment as the Century turns . I do not understand how many want to criticize this. I seriously doubt many of us have a kitchen as modern looking as that.
Our modern Xmas actually reminded me of this scene this year with the Apple Fitbit that can remind my granddaughter to do her daily chores and the virtual reality cardboard Eyewear and the BB8 Forceband and Go Pro. And the narrative clip 2 camera that they wear . I thought to myself we must have entered a Disney alternate reality time zone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom