What will they do w/ S.I.R ?

Android

Original Poster
Now that it is official AE is out and Stitch is in, what will Disney do w/ the animatronics..S.I.R, Skippy, and the alien? What do they do w/ all the animatronics they have removed over ther years? Is there a graveyard filled w/ old horizons stuff?? Just curious:wave:

SNS

The aliens were thrown in a dumpster (I think), Skippy's skin was removed (& will possibly be turned into one of the experiments), & SIR will be turned into a police cop. As for Horizons, most of it was thrown in a dumpster & some of it was sold on EBay.

Android

Original Poster
why would they just throw the alien away!?!? I'm sure that would make an ultimate colectors item at an auction or even ebay?? poor skippy :(

Goofyfanatic

Why wouldn't disney save the stuff from the old attractions...they never know when they might be able to recycle it for a future attraction...and it could be more cost effective too.

ArsonWinter

Originally posted by Goofyfanatic
Why wouldn't disney save the stuff from the old attractions...they never know when they might be able to recycle it for a future attraction...and it could be more cost effective too.

I don't know... with all that wear-and-tear, and (I'm guessing) outdated hydralics systems, I don't know how much use you can get out of that old stuff. It's like how companies get new computer systems every couple years... they could recycle them, but there are always new advances in technology (although nowadays there are computer recyclers that take old computers from businesses and give them to schools and whatnot). Also, look at the power consumption of an AA... if there's a way to build a new figure that requires less power (possibly making this new AA less functional), one would think that would be used/built.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
They melt down all the old animatronics to make all those Pins, and to help build those DVC booths all over the parks....

For every 5 animatronics that die... a new DVC booth goes up in a park. :lol: :p :lol: :lookaroun ;)

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by grizzlyhall
Wow...that means there should be over seventy new DVC booths at EPCOT. :lol:

LOL!!!
Look for them in 2007 Grizz! The new DVC errr... Discovery Land :lol: :p

Figment1986

Must resist earge..

Cannot

Astalavista Baby...

Ok. its gone..

They should use them somewhere else, didn't alot of WOM ones get reused for parts when they rehabbed POTC in DL?

meeko_33785

I could be wrong, but wern't the Aliens in AE just plastic and not animatronics? I don't know why they would want to keep those. After that many years of all the steem and such in that ride I would guess that they're probably not in the best condition and not worth saving unless you're a big fan of the attraction. As for animatronics, I know Disney usually doesn't throw those away. They're too expensive to just do that. I know that a lot of them are recycled in the parks. Some of the animals on Jungle Cruise, for example, were originally from WOM and I believe that the Native American villiage on the WDW Railroad was expanded a few years back with either animatronics from Horizons or WOM (not exactly sure about that though, so don't quote me on it).

Eljay

Originally posted by Figment1986
Must resist earge..

Cannot

Astalavista Baby...

Ok. its gone..

They should use them somewhere else, didn't alot of WOM ones get reused for parts when they rehabbed POTC in DL?

Sure, very funny, now I'm gonna have bad dreams!!!!!!

meeko_33785

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
The two aliens were animatronics...they moved... LOL

If that's true, all I have to say is what a tremendous waste of money! All this time I thought it was just a plastic figure on a turntable or something. It would have been just as effective if they had done it that way. I mean, you're in the dark most of the time or there's smoke blocking the view.

General Grizz

Eh, I'd like to think it quality. :lol: You see it well enough that if it didn't move, it'd be too fakey...but I certainly see your point on an economic point.

Behold the early 90s quality years! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom