What will the weather be like in May???

MMOUSE07

Original Poster
Hi

I am travelling to WDW for two weeks in May and wondered if anyone goes there regularly enough to know what it will be like. Ive been once before in May but cant remember just how warm the temp got.:)

SeanC

early in the month highs in mid 80's, lows as low as mid 60's, though it could always be higher on both, and will be by the end of the month, though may is alot better than summer. Sometimes May sees lots of love bugs tho...harmless but smelly and annoying...

kadesha

We were there mid-may last year and it was HOT! I'm sure it got into the 90's everyday we were there. And it didn't rain, at all!

However, last year was the year with all of the wildfires surrounding the area, so I'm sure that didn't help matters any.

disneygirl1

I love going to Disney in May... The weather is beautiful. The temps are in the mid 80's. I think of all the times that we have been there in May it rained once. Have a wonderful trip to the world!

Hidden Simba

*Sorry for the edit, didn't read the post above, so I'm changing my question.*
The weather sounds super for a May trip. This year will be my first May visit (usually visit in June or August). I'm wondering about night time temperatures in May. Basically I want to know if I should pack a jacket? Thanks.

MicheleK

We've gone almost every year in July/August, but last year we went in mid/late May and we found that the mornings were warm, but not hot, a lot less humid than July/Aug. for sure. As it approached 10ish it started getting warmer and warmer and warmer, mid to high 80's. The think I loved best about May was less humidity and a lot less rain. As a matter of fact, it didn't rain at all.

Enjoy your trip!! I'll be there in July again this year. :wave:

jonabyte

*Sorry for the edit, didn't read the post above, so I'm changing my question.*
The weather sounds super for a May trip. This year will be my first May visit (usually visit in June or August). I'm wondering about night time temperatures in May. Basically I want to know if I should pack a jacket? Thanks.

Depends how used you are to cooler temps. I always pack one pair of pants and a sweater when I go in May, which is every year, but rarely do I put on both at the same time.
For the past 4 or 5 years it has been very hot, 90+, but one year it was cloudy a lot and definitely cooler.

mermaid1

We take an annual trip to WDW and it is always in May. The weather can get hot and humid, but it is tolerable, not like August! We love the Flower and Garden Festival so that is why we go in Spring. We wore shorts and tank tops every day and only one day it rained all day and was cool, so we just found some fun things to do at our resort! Enjoy your trip!!!! We will be there for 3 weeks in May again this year!
Mermaid1

sweetpee_1993

Yep. One of the reasons (besides the insane crowds) that I don't go in the summertime is the unGodly heat. I grew up in Central Florida. During the summer all 5 of us kids were not allowed to play outside from 11:00 to 4:00 every day during the week during the summer. My step-dad was always terrified one of us would suffer a heat stroke when no grown-ups were home. It was so hot we didn't want to be outside anyway.

We are going May 10 - 17. I'm planning on shorts and tank tops, early mornings, afternoon breaks to escape the hottest part of the day, and plenty of hydration. I may bring a long-sleeve button-up to use if I need something on my shoulders in the evenings. I doubt I even bring jeans or capris. I'm thinking of getting some Teva sandals for both the DH and myself. As comfy as crocs are I'm not sure the croc-flops will be adequate for the long walks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom