What will the experiences at the resorts be like post COVID?

heapster411

With Disney washing their hands of liability if you go, I believe it's time do be adult about this. If you fear about your health, take you trip when YOU feel safer. I plan to go in December, by then, mandatory and voluntary guidelines will have changed numerous times. Have Faith and Be Patient, all things will pass. Just hope by then that then mask shaming and social distancing Karens will be a thing of the past.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
I think other than eating at a resort restaurant and being in a pool wearing a mask would be required. Social distancing should still be happening at the resort pools and restaurants.

mmnw

I’ve read what major hotel chains are considering. I don’t know what disney is doing. Some talked taking furniture out of lobbies so there is less lingering. No water dispensers or welcome drinks. Lots of hand sanitizer machines. Check in desks outside or no check in desks. No touch payment screens. Taking out of the room decorative pillows, note pads, pens, decorative comforters. Sealing pillows indicating they are clean. Sealing rooms indicating no one has been inside since it was disinfected. Skipping a room between each occupied room. Disposable remote control covers. Fewer housekeeping visits. Guests drop off dirty towels, in a sealed bag, outside their room. Housekeeping will replace towels with cleans ones, in a sealed bag, dropped off outside room....

disney4life2008

I think by the end of May the conclusion will be reached that the COVID virus does not transmit nearly as well in hot and humid climates. This obviously will help significantly with the ability to reopen WDW. Obviously there will need to be similar protocols to Shanghai (maybe no mask requirement though).

It's end of May. Did your theory come true?

disney4life2008

I’ve read what major hotel chains are considering. I don’t know what disney is doing. Some talked taking furniture out of lobbies so there is less lingering. No water dispensers or welcome drinks. Lots of hand sanitizer machines. Check in desks outside or no check in desks. No touch payment screens. Taking out of the room decorative pillows, note pads, pens, decorative comforters. Sealing pillows indicating they are clean. Sealing rooms indicating no one has been inside since it was disinfected. Skipping a room between each occupied room. Disposable remote control covers. Fewer housekeeping visits. Guests drop off dirty towels, in a sealed bag, outside their room. Housekeeping will replace towels with cleans ones, in a sealed bag, dropped off outside room....

Wait, my super 8 express gives free popcorn. Oh well.

Disposible remote covers should be in all hotels anyway. That is one object that never gets cleaned.

Hockey89

According to CDC data as of May 16th, 80.6% of deaths have been in those 65 and older. Many of younger ones were those were already critically ill or had serious underlying conditions. I wonder how many lives we could save if we devoted resources to protecting the vulnerable rather than painting social distancing lines in every public location, forcing the healthy to wear masks, shutting down schools and businesses, policing social-distancing and mask-wearing and business and church closings, wiping down every surface, and all of the other things we have done to spread our resources thin.

I wonder if the resorts and parks and everything else in this country could get back to close-to-normal if we devoted our resources to protecting those who are truly at significant risk.
Very said.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom