What Will Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land Be Like at Night?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Hey Pam, they put out a new piece of art just for you!

It's almost exactly the same as the previously-released art, just at night instead of during the day. In fact, parts of it look directly lifted from one to the other. For the flying x-wing, it looks as though they just used a computer to invert the color.

So, literally the only thing it does is answer Pam's question, which I find somewhat amusing.

View attachment 175729
View attachment 175730

The new one doesn't show Rivers of America so it probably more accurate to DHS.

Princess Leia

Did someone say sounds dangerous?
sounds_exterior2006ww.jpg
I know that it's probably marginally better than what's in there now, but I really disliked that attraction.

Goofyernmost

I know that it's probably marginally better than what's in there now, but I really disliked that attraction.
A lot of people did, but, I think that most were unaware of the point of it. If you really thought about it, the location had to do with sound effects. The movie built up the beginning of the story visually, and then depended strictly on sound effects to finish it. The trouble is that so many didn't realize it and as soon as the movie went black they were trying to wonder why there was no picture and missed the whole idea behind it. To me, I felt I understood it and since I grew up in the radio era, I had spent many evening listening to my favorite programs on the radio. The Green Hornet, The Lone Ranger, Superman and Roy Rogers just to name a few. My mind painted pictures that no movie could hope to conjure up. To me it was a great show, just completely misunderstood. A very brave and different show. That was before the public, lacking in any imagination at all, started to complain about things that were different and required imagination. We don't get that anymore. Now we have dumbed down the process to the point where an embryo can follow the story.

Princess Leia

A lot of people did, but, I think that most were unaware of the point of it. If you really thought about it, the location had to do with sound effects. The movie built up the beginning of the story visually, and then depended strictly on sound effects to finish it. The trouble is that so many didn't realize it and as soon as the movie went black they were trying to wonder why there was no picture and missed the whole idea behind it. To me, I felt I understood it and since I grew up in the radio era, I had spent many evening listening to my favorite programs on the radio. The Green Hornet, The Lone Ranger, Superman and Roy Rogers just to name a few. My mind painted pictures that no movie could hope to conjure up. To me it was a great show, just completely misunderstood. A very brave and different show. That was before the public, lacking in any imagination at all, started to complain about things that were different and required imagination. We don't get that anymore. Now we have dumbed down the process to the point where an embryo can follow the story.
Oh I definitely understood it lol, I just didn't like the plot or having to share headphones with people

Slowjack

It's almost exactly the same as the previously-released art, just at night instead of during the day. In fact, parts of it look directly lifted from one to the other. For the flying x-wing, it looks as though they just used a computer to invert the colors.

So, literally the only thing it does is answer Pam's question, which I find somewhat amusing.
The first color concept art of Disneyland was cleverly painted over in fluorescents so that the same artwork could show an overview of the park at day or, under black light, at night.

Of course this is just a Photoshop job, as are all Disney concept pieces now.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
The first color concept art of Disneyland was cleverly painted over in fluorescents so that the same artwork could show an overview of the park at day or, under black light, at night.

Of course this is just a Photoshop job, as are all Disney concept pieces now.
How dare they use modern technology! I was hoping the concept art would done right! Etch it in stone!

wdwgreek

I loved this attraction, I thought it was a neat concept. My favorite thing about it was the sound booths in the exit room, where they had short radio drama's playing.

Pam Hates Penguins

Original Poster

It's almost exactly the same as the previously-released art, just at night instead of during the day. In fact, parts of it look directly lifted from one to the other. For the flying x-wing, it looks as though they just used a computer to invert the colors.

View attachment 175729
View attachment 175730

Same amount of light as Buena Vista Street in DCA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom