What will I need for credit at check in?

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
Just planning finances for my trip next week and won't have any money available on my credit card when I check in. My hotel is paid in full already but I didn't know if they need anything for incidentals.

I have a credit card payment set up for my pay date which is 3 days after my arrival but until then will they ask for a cash deposit or will just having my credit card number suffice?

thanks

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
They swipe the card for a $0 sale/authorization to confirm it's a valid card. Nothing gets billed to the card until you exceed the limit for your resort level or check out.

I_heart_Tigger

Original Poster
They swipe the card for a $0 sale/authorization to confirm it's a valid card. Nothing gets billed to the card until you exceed the limit for your resort level or check out.

Thanks Monty, the plan is not to charge anything at all to the room, I have cash and debit for most things and will have plenty of $$$ on the credit card just a few days into the trip so I'll be fine.

I appreciate the quick response

sjead

You don't actually have to add charging privlllages to your KTW card unless that is your preference. Last year we decided not to because we wanted to keep things more simple since our FIL was with us and it worked out just fine.

dianna

I've heard that you can add cash to your ktw card also, that way you don't have to carry cash around and if you don't use it they will refund it to you at the end of your trip, is this true?

Rob562

You don't actually have to add charging privlllages to your KTW card unless that is your preference. Last year we decided not to because we wanted to keep things more simple since our FIL was with us and it worked out just fine.

You can specify individually which cards can have charging privledges.

There's also the little-known possibility of setting up a "share" on the room whereby each room key has its own credit card assigned to it, but when I tried to do that, the CM said he wasn't able to do it because of our package. So it may only work with a Room-Only reservation.

-Rob

sjead

There's also the little-known possibility of setting up a "share" on the room whereby each room key has its own credit card assigned to it, but when I tried to do that, the CM said he wasn't able to do it because of our package. So it may only work with a Room-Only reservation.

-Rob

Your second point was our concern. We thought it would be easier for us to pay for our items with our own cash, cc, etc. and my FIL to pay for his own since we were told that we couldn't assign different cc to different KTW cards.

disneydata

I've heard that you can add cash to your ktw card also, that way you don't have to carry cash around and if you don't use it they will refund it to you at the end of your trip, is this true?

No, you can not add cash to your KTTW card. You can use cash to pay for your room and tax or pay off the folio balance, but it can't be placed on the account up front.

-Rob

It's not possible with packages and even if it is room only, it's very complicated. The reservation would have to be totally rebooked which is something that they don't like to do. You can ask about this kind of thing, but the answer you will get is no.

There is such a thing as room sharing, but is only used with conventions where people who are not related are staying together in the same room. Each of those would need to have their own folio and would be able to place different cards on file.

CleveRocks

No, you can not add cash to your KTTW card. You can use cash to pay for your room and tax or pay off the folio balance, but it can't be placed on the account up front.
Totally incorrect. Cash most certainly can be used to set up a room charge account. No plastic required. Guests can also use travelers checks and Disney Dollars to back up a room charge. Been there, done that.

As for the "share" ... a current resorts CM on another board has posted a lot of information about it. He advises people to ask the CM to consult the front desk manual and/or find a lead who can help them through the process.

CleveRocks

Just planning finances for my trip next week and won't have any money available on my credit card when I check in. My hotel is paid in full already but I didn't know if they need anything for incidentals.
The good news is that NO PLASTIC IS REQUIRED.

Walt Disney World is one of the few hoteliers in the USA that does not require or ask for a credit card "for incidentals" or "for security." It is simply not required, period.

It sounds like you've already paid off your package. The only thing you need with you at check-in is photo ID.

The only thing you would NEED NEED NEED a credit/debit card for is to set up express check-out. Express check-out means you can just vacate the room at the end of your trip without having to go to the resort front desk to settle up.

But that is the ONLY situation in which plastic would be necessary at the resort. As long as you don't care about not having express check-out, you can absolutely 100% keep your credit card in your wallet.

gwhb75

One thing to watch with those credit card swipes for $0 at hotels is that they actually do take up room on your credit limit, even though you don't get charged on the card. A "hold" amount is put on your card and actually reduces the amount of $ you can spend on your card (anywhere from $100 to $500). It normally won't drop off until a few days after you check out. I'm a credit card co-ordinator at the company I work for and I've received calls from people trying to buy something that they are being declined on because of this.

Rob562

One thing to watch with those credit card swipes for $0 at hotels is that they actually do take up room on your credit limit, even though you don't get charged on the card. A "hold" amount is put on your card and actually reduces the amount of $ you can spend on your card (anywhere from $100 to $500). It normally won't drop off until a few days after you check out. I'm a credit card co-ordinator at the company I work for and I've received calls from people trying to buy something that they are being declined on because of this.

Disney does *not* put any kind of a hold on your card, in any amount. While other hotels do put a hold on your card, the Disney resorts may be the only hotels in existance who don't operate this way.

Speaking from experience, I've given them my bank debit card with about $25 available in my account (payday was the following day, so I knew there was money coming). That $25 was still in my account and available that evening.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom