what will happen to haunted mansion?

bassman

ooo i really hope these updates come the WDW HM they sound awesome
especially the cool bride thing and the improved hitchhicking ghosts
please disney if we're really good this year will you give us them
please.

A "Ghost" Host

to put it simply: no.

At least not right now. Right now all we need here is a complete rehab for sight and sound! We've been getting stronger lights and a few better sound qualities but thats about it. I hope they don't give us Constance. I mean she is really cool, but Emily is too special to us.

PaisleyMF said:
Actually the Haunted Mansion has a plot and a strong story line. Is based on a imposible love story (like Romeo and Juliet) and is the basis of that "never made" (take out the Eddie Murphy plot and keep the back story)
exactly! But... Emily wasn't Poisoned by any of us...

RonAnnArbor

A "Ghost" Host said:
Right now all we need here is a complete rehab for sight and sound!

Not sure how recently you have ridden at WDW, but they fixed the sound more than 3 months ago - it's louder than ever and as clear as a bell. Of course, if you mean a sound overhaul (like a new soundtrack ala Phantom Manor at DRP) then that is a different story.

HMGhost13

The Haunted Mansion has no plot!!!!!!! ugh, this is the biggest of the disney urban myths, alongside the chess pieces on the WDW mansion. the plot is that it's a retirement home for ghosts. as was said before, everything else is either CM or fan made up.

as for the upgrades, it would be a great idea to do it at WDW, otherwise the HM-WDW fans'll get real loud and jealous ;)

mmartelli

The WD Imagineers are the best in theme park design. They never fail to amaze me, and the mansion updates do sound real cool. Im 22 now and just finsihed my 6th trip to WDW and I am still amazed by the talent of the imagineers. Thanks alot guys.

mmartelli

Just rode the HM 2 days ago. The lighting and sound are getting better, however the sound was different from within the doombuggies...It seems they are showing their age, the sound got muffled and faded a few times and it was hard to hear the ghost host over some of the ride sounds like madame leota's seonce room.

There was some sort of technical delay on the ride that caused us to be stoped for 20 min. This was an awesome opportunity for a fanatic like myself, because the CM's had to turn the house lights on. I got a good glimpse of the behind the scenes at the HM. The level of detail is amazing considering the ride is in the dark. Thats what I love about Disney Theme Parks, its all about the detail.

Come to think of it, the Tower of Terror neads a voulme increase. Its hard to hear Rod Serling's welcome back at the end of the ride.

iheartdisney91

some of you have said that you have seen this?? can i see a picture or something please?! becuase i think this idea is really awesome since this is my all time favorite ride:king:

Sledge

Account Suspended
If you read some books on the subject you'll learn that Haunted Mansion doesn't really have an official story. That's the beauty of it. You can spread your own "legends of the Haunted Mansion" and there is no right or wrong story since there isn't anything to go by. One of my favorites though is that when you go down backwards into the graveyard it is supposed to be what you would see if you were being buried.

The best story in a ride is Pirates of the Caribbean (especially in Disneyland). When I was a kid I always thought the whole ride was the same time, different location. There's actually a story to this ride though according to the book PotC: From the Magic Kingdom to the Movie. When you see the skeletons in the begining, that is showing what became of the pirates we see taking over the town. Most big Disney fans know that already, but for the longest time I just assumed it was different pirates left behind in the caverns. Not according to Imagineers though.

Sledge

Account Suspended
iheartdisney91 said:
some of you have said that you have seen this?? can i see a picture or something please?! becuase i think this idea is really awesome since this is my all time favorite ride:king:
Everything you want to see can be found here. Videos and pictures of the sceance scene and the new bride.

DisneyZone

the-reason14

mmartelli said:
Come to think of it, the Tower of Terror neads a voulme increase. Its hard to hear Rod Serling's welcome back at the end of the ride.

I noticed that too, I think its due to the fact that everyone be screaming so loud after all the excitement. But if it was quiet in there and the audio was too, then they need some tlc.

iheartdisney91

SLEDGE! THANKYOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!:wave:
WOW that was very cool! really creepy but i must admit i'm going to miss the brides adorible face well i hope they do this in florida since thats the only place i go thanks again your the best!

Sledge

Account Suspended
iheartdisney91 said:
SLEDGE! THANKYOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!:wave:
WOW that was very cool! really creepy but i must admit i'm going to miss the brides adorible face well i hope they do this in florida since thats the only place i go thanks again your the best!
Thanks. It took me forever to find all that stuff. (That's my blog if you didn't know.) :lol:

TP2000

Sledge said:
Thanks. It took me forever to find all that stuff. (That's my blog if you didn't know.) :lol:

Very well done! It explains/demonstrates the Haunted Mansion changes at Disneyland perfectly. Thank you for sharing!

T-1MILLION

I really do not want to see these changes to the WDW mansion...Sound upgrade sure! some effects upgraded, thats even better. Not the story with the bride though please! She has always been a part of the mansion but does not need the whole story to revolve around her. The portrait of the Axe in the headstone of "George" who is featured in the gallery is too much to focus on just one of the pictured ghosts.

I think it should stay the way as the main focus as it has aways been. A tour of a retirement home for ghosts. Trying to convince you to choose the "home of happy haunts" as your eternal haunting grounds.

What they need to be concerned with is the Audio quality of the Ghost Host if it is anywhere near the condition of what is was from my most recent ride.

-{Preston

Dayma

hmm not sure I like this idea. Seems like th effects are nice but changes too much of the original theme( or lack of).

The Quest!

i hope they change it, those refurbs sound awesome...that doesnt mean shell be the main attraction for the ride, just one tiny room...every dark ride should change slightly over time... thats what makes disney, well disney, an ever-changing place where families can experience something different every time

tirian

We'll get some of those effects when our version goes down for refurb. Both the HM and Space Mt. are up for refurbishing after PotC; but which comes first hasn't been announced.

Two bad ideas have been trashed (thank God). At one point, Entertainment was considering using the old HM FastPass machine area as a Villains meet-and-greet (which would have been a traffic nightmare); and a Blue Sky idea was to dig a tunnel through the hill (under the pet cemetery), exit HM Guests through the hill, and dump them into a Villains/NBC gift shop (currently the Smucker's place). That latter concept never made it past Blue Sky rumors. :D That would have been a lot of wasted money!

Anyway... yes, our HM will get some of DL's effects; but WDW is waiting on the refurb so that they can include it in the budget.

EDIT: Let me add this before I get blasted: :) Those two HM changes were only PROPOSED within Entertainment and WDI and, as far as I know, weren't actually CONSIDERED. I just thought they were interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom