What will Disney’s response be to Universals 4th gate?

unmitigated disaster

Let me be clearer, expressing grievance based on disappointment grounded in expectations for the future based on what’s already been demonstrated is the dictionary definition of being jaded. You may want to be justified in such grievances, but there is no justification to be had there. You can feel whatever you'd like, of course, but when you turn those feelings into aspersions you've gone over the line from rational to irrational.
No.

drizgirl

I like the idea of universal taking on sea world! That would generate real competition and they could call it ‘Water World’! Get Kevin Costner to open it and job done! Then get a gondola system that goes to all 4 parks across Orlando! Oh wait a minute, has that been tried and didn’t work 🤔

Seriously though I do like that idea, it would instantly give Disney a kick to push another gate.
Universal can push and kick til the cows come home. Disney isn't opening another park.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
What do you mean "back to"? The behaviors haven't ceased, so the highlighting of those behaviors haven't ceased.

Let me be clearer, expressing grievance based on disappointment grounded in expectations for the future based on what’s already been demonstrated is the dictionary definition of being jaded. You may want to be justified in such grievances, but there is no justification to be had there. You can feel whatever you'd like, of course, but when you turn those feelings into aspersions you've gone over the line from rational to irrational.
That doesn’t make any sense at all.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
What do you mean "back to"? The behaviors haven't ceased, so the highlighting of those behaviors haven't ceased.

Previous experiences are literally what determine our expectations for the future. That’s pattern recognition. If I get sushi every month for seven years and then suddenly sushi is no longer available, it’s perfectly reasonable that I’d be upset.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Previous experiences are literally what determine our expectations for the future. That’s pattern recognition. If I get sushi every month for seven years and then suddenly sushi is no longer available, it’s perfectly reasonable that I’d be upset.

/s! :joyfull:

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Indeed. Coming from you, such petty personal attacks on me mean nothing.

It comes as no surprise that you don't actually know the definition of personal attack.

There y'all go; denying reality again. You need to keep reminding yourself that your perspective are unique to your little group, and that millions of other people see things completely different from you

I think there absolutely is one person who's denying reality, and substituting it with their own version of it..but it isn't us.

unmitigated disaster

Indeed. Coming from you, such petty personal attacks on me mean nothing.

There y'all go; denying reality again. You need to keep reminding yourself that your perspective are unique to your little group, and that millions of other people see things completely different from you.

True. However, after that the responsibility shifts entirely to the (mature) adult: The (mature) adult is fully and completely responsible for how they perceive and respond. If you "lack enthusiasm" (the actual words in some of the definitions of "jaded") as a result of some variance from your expectations, that is totally on you. Your downfall is when you try to project your failure to appreciate what is offered as someone else's fault. There is a lot more to this: Quality of commitments. The ethics of integrity. And so on. Integrity is living up to the commitments that you offer - not the commitments others choose to impose on you. But people who rail so consistently against personal accountability for their own feelings aren't going to acknowledge that.
You got an A in psychobabble 101, didn't you? Because this is a bunch of jargon strung together with little coherence.

Anyhow, I think a 5th gate at some point is inevitable. Let's just hope they don't mindlessly ape Universal or any other theme park.

Brad Bishop

Disneys response as always ... Ho Hum, nothing to be concerned about. We are still the # 1 spot. We dont need a park... look at all our new resort rooms, arent they nice?

That's the unfortunate part. They'll see the construction at Epcot, DHS, and MK as, "Look at all we're doing!!" Ignoring that what it really is is catching up from decades of doing nothing. Once all of the current construction is done they really ought to double down on the future. I don't think they will, though. I see the 50th coming and nothing happening during that time because of crowds, and then another decade or two of little to nothing happening because, well, the 50th is over! Also, "Look at all we did!"

HongKongFu

Disney’s costs are too far out of control for them to be able to afford financing a new park

These days I'm sure you're right but Unmitigated Disaster did tell us a 5th is inevitable at some point in time. Like in 20 years circumstances could be completely different, maybe even a decade.

lazyboy97o

These days I'm sure you're right but Unmitigated Disaster did tell us a 5th is inevitable at some point in time. Like in 20 years circumstances could be completely different, maybe even a decade.
A park opening in a decade would have to have its initial conversations now. Yes, there could be radical change within Disney but it’s something that as of now continues to get worse with now actual signs of improvement.

HongKongFu

A park opening in a decade would have to have its initial conversations now.
I'm thinking about the time line for Animal Kingdom. Isner facilitated the project as part of his campaign known as the "Disney Decade" and the park opened in '98........1/3 baked of course but a stand alone park nonetheless.

Well that was 20+ years ago and were under new mangt so ya, I believe you.

unmitigated disaster

Well, yes, but I'm no expert. I'm sure they have been tossing the idea around for years, and probably mean to at some point. Now, if in, say 5 years Universal announced a fifth gate I think they would have to.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I think what will be more interesting is how long Comcast will be able to pump funds into the Universal expansion. They as a cable provider are in a bubble market.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
I think what will be more interesting is how long Comcast will be able to pump funds into the Universal expansion. They as a cable provider are in a bubble market.

I'm not sure if it's a bubble, or a dinosaur. It won't be much longer before cable TV becomes the next POTS.

Rich Brownn

Thats why they diversified... remember they also own NBC-Universal, DreamWorks animation, several sports teams, Sky in Europe, several TV stations, and theme parks. Also the growth isn't in cable TV... its in internet and streaming, both of which they are invested in.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Thats why they diversified... remember they also own NBC-Universal, DreamWorks animation, several sports teams, Sky in Europe, several TV stations, and theme parks. Also the growth isn't in cable TV... its in internet and streaming, both of which they are invested in.

Last year their revenues were broken down like this so they still have significant exposure to the "last mile" provider paradigm-shifting to other means such as Elon Musks' Skylink or any of the new 5G providers.

Cable Communications = 62.9%
NBC Universal = 38.5%
Eliminations = -1.4%

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom