What will be the first thing to break in pandora and not be fixed

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
I was on the navi river ride and very impressed, but I couldn't help but look around and think what will break first and never be fixed, then leed to the decline of the ride as so many others have. I hate being negative but that seems to be the playbook at Disney.

kvandmx

Not exclusively speaking of Disney, but it seems the first item neglected in these newer screen based attractions are simply the projectors and or projector lamps. It seems they are not calibrated regularly. Or the lamps not replaced when needed. The most common issue is with the contrast or black adjustments. This was particularly noticable last time I was on The Mummy Ride at US. Orlando.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Good grief. Its come to this.....
IMG_0006.JPG

Bolt

A major item/effect in pandora has already been broken for sometime... The bioluminesce lights on the pathway and ground.
There never was lights installed in the walkway unless you're referencing just brighter walkway lighting. The effect is more just a black light overhead so not really broken.

Bolt

I was on the navi river ride and very impressed, but I couldn't help but look around and think what will break first and never be fixed, then leed to the decline of the ride as so many others have. I hate being negative but that seems to be the playbook at Disney.
What a strange post - everything is working and you're wondering when it'll break. Can't you just enjoy it without having to think that? If not, why even go anymore.

bclane

Weren't they testing a bunch of interactive bioluminescent plant technology in some of the early preview videos? I'm wondering if they will ever bring any of that online. That would make an already amazing land even better.

aw14

starting with this again? I haven't seem your negativity threads in a while....good to see you haven't given up your hobbies

bclane

I'm talking about the sensors in the pathways that light up upon step. They couldn't get it working but it's one of the things they've been advertising for years.
I wonder if it just doesn't look right so they decided not to turn it on. I mean, imagine it would look awesome with a few people walking down the path, but just too busy with hundreds of people walking across it. It would probably just look like the whole path was flashing on and off with too many people on it at once.

haunt#73

There is no large mechanical Yeti so I think it will keep working fine for awhile.

djdan888

One thing I wish they would work on is Pandora at night. Very underwhelming. I was expecting so much more with all the hype. Shouldn't be too hard to add things incrementally like Volcano Bay is literally being built piece meal every night..lol.

LithiumBill

Do you also look around the appliance section at Sears and wonder what will break first on my new fridge? The door handle or the ice-maker?

PorterRedkey

One of the drums that people can play already had a hole in it. I believe it was in a recent Tim Tracker video where they showed it.

It was a smaller drum so it may not be a big part of the main drum show. So I could see it staying as is for awhile. Hopefully, they have already fixed it.

Rteetz

I'm talking about the sensors in the pathways that light up upon step. They couldn't get it working but it's one of the things they've been advertising for years.
Those weren't really advertised. They showed it in a preview video a long time ago and never promised it. It was never implemented in the land so it can't really be "broken" if it was never put in.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom