What WDW resort would you never stay at and why?

NonnaT

The only resort with an internal bus system is Fort Wilderness. The moderates have the same bus that takes you to the park and then it makes multiple stops within the resort. You don't have to get off and wait for another bus. There's an internal bus if you want it...but you don't take it to leave the resort...you'd only take it to go to the lobby, etc...
CBR also has an internal bus system...
They have park buses as well as internal buses that loop around to OPR and all the villages.

halltd

CBR also has an internal bus system...
They have park buses as well as internal buses that loop around to OPR and all the villages.
Yeah I said that. Fort Wilderness is the only one that is mandatory, though. Meaning you have to transfer to it in order to get to your room/camper.

ynahtebwdw

The contemporary, it looks like some kind of airport terminal or train station to me and it doesn't scream 'Disney' enough! I've eaten in there a few times and I think the decor looks kind of dated

steviej

The only one I'm not crazy about is CBR. Because it's so darn big, the last thing I wanna do after walking in the parks all day is walk even more to my room. I've stayed a ton, dvc, deluxe, moderate, and values. I have no problem staying at values. My wife and I have taken weekend trips and done All Stars, Pop Century, etc. It's all good, even if I did just stay at OKW months before

slappy magoo

The Boardwalk resort. Went there once to visit the boardwalk and we got some serious looks down people's noses. We were all dressed rather well and we were more than well behaved. I guess the group of old bittys that kept looking down at us knew we were not staying there somehow. I have only ever felt "unwanted" at two places on Disney property. This one and the next one (below).

The Grand Floridian. Too many snooty people. Not all, but still too many. This on top of the fact that as a guest to the resort I was forced to park on the other side of a busy road next to the maintenance sheds and jog across the road on that insanely short crosswalk light.

We'll stick with The All Stars/Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, or Wilderness Lodge.

Do you know the term projecting?

Yes I do. Thanks for the lesson offer though. There was no "projecting" there at all.

And btw, the question asked which resort I would never stay at and why. I answered. If you don't like it then maybe you should keep quiet about it and don't enter a thread that asks a question like that. ;)

Having stayed at all three properties on the boardwalk area, you would have to be on the floor naked and barking like a dog to get noticed... People at Disney don't dress up at all and people are loud...Sorry... If you were dressed well and acting normal. I don't believe it. From you post above it screams projecting....

Honestly buddy, I don't really care what you believe. It happened. Let me give you a little clue here.... if you did not see a problem with the looks we got from that group of women then maybe you're part of that same problem group. And maybe, just maybe the mature response from you (not that anyone here asked for yours) should have been "Maybe it was just that group of old women that were like that because I have stayed there and not everyone is like that." But you go ahead and keep being you. That is so much more enjoyable for everyone around you.

Maybe you were dressed TOO well? :shrug: either that or perhaps the looks you were receiving had nothing to do with how you were dressed. Because I highly doubt those old bittys had some kind of resort-dar that somehoe let them knowjustknow you weren't staying there. Especially since a: the lobby and restaurants and shops are open to everyone who walks in, resort guests or not; and b: the Boardwalk has an entertainment complex designed to bring in people beyond those staying at the Boardwalk, or the epcot resorts.

Maybe I'm just not looking (maybe I ought to be) but I don't really ever notice anyone noticing me at WDW unless I'm deliberately being silly to try to make my wife and/or kids laugh, or vice versa. One time at MK my then-almost-4-year-old daughter and I were having a conversation while waiting for MSEP to begin that got very cute and silly and I could overhear people talking about how cute and silly we were. But I never noticed anyone giving us an eyeroll or Tsk-ing me under their breath or anything to denote I Don't Belong There. Wherever "there" is. And believe me, I'm not exactly going to WDW dressed like a catalog model. Nobody cares. But as you specified "Maybe it was just that group of old women that were like that..." So no need to take it out on the hotels if they had pi$$y guests being judgmental when you happened to be there.

Unomas

I wouldn't stay at any value resort. I'm not going on vacation with my help and that's who stays at the value resorts.
Haha wow, what a douchebag comment. I'm glad I don't look at people like that. I feel sorry for anyone that works for you.

G00fyDad

I wouldn't stay at any value resort. I'm not going on vacation with my help and that's who stays at the value resorts.

post-66216-mad-max-thats-bait-gif-imgur-t-DECK.gif

laben594

For me it would have to be the All Star resorts, I've heard too many bad reviews to ever want to stay there. Also, we like to spend a lot of time at the resorts so I'm sure my opinion would be different if it was just a place to rest.

I would never return to the Polynesian, we had such a horrible stay there that I will not be back.

Belles&Roses21

To be honest with you, I don't know. I've never actually stayed in a mod because just looking at the maps stresses me out :) It seems there are multiple bus stops all throughout the resorts which add to the overall commute time to the parks. And I've read trip reports on here where people have to take buses to get to the food court, or just give up on getting a coffee in the morning because the commute is too time consuming.

We've stayed at the very back of Port Orleans Riverside, it's not so bad as long as you can handle a walk, but we never really go up to the front much anyway. My dad would always go up for his morning coffee and just get my mom and I some croissants or a muffin while we got ready, but if you like to eat the bigger breakfast or go up to the front a lot, a moderate might not be the best unless you pay more to try to make sure you get up front, or get lucky.
We've only had a couple of problems with the separate bus stops before, and that was on EMH for MK, where they would arrive full when they got to us and have to pass by, otherwise they were always on good time and we would get to the parks in good time.

Belles&Roses21

I think it would have to be either the Contemporary or any of the All-Stars for me. I love going on the monorail through the Contemporary, but it's just not "Disney" enough to me. And I never really liked the All-Stars, we stayed there when I was little, then moved over to Pop, and now we just stay at Moderate because we like the quality better and can usually find good deals to stay.

G00fyDad

Easy - any of the All Start resorts. I felt like I was in a herd of cattle.

When, where, and why? We usually stay at the All Stars or Pop. We've never had a bad room, bad service, bad crowds, or bad encounter with other guests. Again, that is just us. I am aware that others have different experiences. I'm just curious about yours.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom