What WDW podcasts do you listen to?

Cosmic Commando

My favorite right now is probably the Unofficial Disney Dish with Len Testa and Jim Hill. I love the original WDW Today crew and never got used to the new crew. I also like Wedway Radio podcast. Getting ready for my first trip to DL since 1990 so I've been listening to the DISunplugged Disneyland Edition. Anyone know of any other good DL-centic podcasts?
Mousetalgia is good. They're not entirely DL, but that's their home resort.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I've been listening to Connecting with Walt, which I believe is an offshoot of DIS Unplugged. I can't get into WDW Radio, there's too much banter and not enough content for me...probably because I just started listening recently.

Only problem with Micheal is once he gets started talking it might be an hour or two later before he stops. He was a commentator on a D23 live vlog (the site that shall not be named)

GusGus1

I have a lot of time to listen to podcasts. :D There are even many non-Disney ones that I listen to!

WDW Radio - Might as well be the official podcast, except for when he's hawking his own motivational speaking and mentoring... VERY full of pixie dust, but sometimes that's good.

I like WDW Radio - although I have to stop it early to ensure I don't hear the same lady phone in and tell everyone her countdown to her holiday and a weather report of where she is!

Sue_Vongello

I like WDW Radio - although I have to stop it early to ensure I don't hear the same lady phone in and tell everyone her countdown to her holiday and a weather report of where she is!

I can't listen to WDW Radio anymore. I stopped years ago when Lou gave a glowing review to that Stitch stage show in Tomorrowland, which was so awful that Disney shut it down after a few weeks.

If I didn't already know it, it was clear then, that he just tows the company line even if it means being disingenuous about the true quality of things.

GusGus1

I can't listen to WDW Radio anymore. I stopped years ago when Lou gave a glowing review to that Stitch stage show in Tomorrowland, which was so awful that Disney shut it down after a few weeks.

If I didn't already know it, it was clear then, that he just tows the company line even if it means being disingenuous about the true quality of things.

I completely agree, he is very much amazed by each and every thing in the park, and never shows any negativity (he gripes about Horizons and Figment a lot but that's it!). I listen to his restaurant reviews and not sure if I believe that every single thing is as incredible as he makes it sound. He makes his living out of Disney (and his many public speaking events) so I guess he has to be positive.

The_Jobu

I can't tolerate any podcast that can't be honest if something isn't great, regardless the topic.

I think that's why I enjoy the Testa/Hill show so much, they can be honest.

DAR1974

Lou seems like a nice guy but I agree not everything can be amazing. I don't think I ever listened to one of his restaurant reviews and heard him or one of the guests not like their meal or the service. That seemed odd

Launchpad McQuack

Lou seems like a nice guy but I agree not everything can be amazing. I don't think I ever listened to one of his restaurant reviews and heard him or one of the guests not like their meal or the service. That seemed odd

That's basically how I feel. I had to drop that show a while back. I can't sit through two hour quick service restaurant reviews where every single item on the menu is the best food he's ever tasted in his entire life. Also, like others have said, even though I am a true Pixie-duster who sees very little wrong with anything Disney ever does, the man just can't stop praising literally everything Disney like it's the greatest thing that has ever happened.

I still listen to Be Our Guest. I think they are mostly positive, but at the same time can be more "honest" with their opinions and can point out when they don't like something. For example, they pretty much all questioned the inclusion of Avatar at WDW, often saying it's just Disney wanting to come up with an answer to Harry Potter, even though people don't have the love for Avatar that they do Harry Potter books/movies. I sometimes skip the trip report shows if I know it's something I'm not interested in or will never do, but I do really like the show for the most part.

The other one I currently listen to is the 3 O'Clock Parade. It's much more "adult" than the others as far as language and humor goes (sometimes it seems like they're trying TOO hard to be juvenile, but I push through it).

Bender123

He also might be well known enough that he gets critic treatment..."Lou is here, so make it great or he can break this place." Once a person gets to the point of knowing the people behind the scenes, like he does, then the reviews become less and less independent as he befriends the people being reviewed and he earns special treatment from those doing the service.

DAR1974

If you know the Disney Chris website he has a podcast called Jiminy Crickets. It was a little shakey at first but it's really found a grove. It's more on music and the overall history of Disney but it's a good listen

Cosmic Commando

I don't think I've ever listened to one of Lou's restaurant reviews. I don't think there's any restaurant in the world that I would want to hear people talk about for two hours. I am surprised that he praised Stitch's Supersonic Celebration, though; normally, he just ignores things that are bad, or puts them down very kindly.

Launchpad McQuack

While this is going to be an unpopular opinion here, the one time I really remember being totally 100% behind Lou's devotion to anything Disney does and any decision they make was when he did a rant telling people to basically stop crying over the loss of Maelstrom because if everyone loved it as much as they said they do now, then it wouldn't be getting replaced.

World_Showcase_Lover007

I can't tolerate any podcast that can't be honest if something isn't great, regardless the topic.

I think that's why I enjoy the Testa/Hill show so much, they can be honest.

Disney Dish with Len Testa and Jim Hill is unquestionably the best WDW podcast for many reasons, many of which are already mentioned. I've tried listening to just about every other WDW podcast on my commute in an attempt to find others who are good as Len and Jim, simply bc I've listened to all of their shows and needed a filler. They simply blow the competition away and the competition knows it.

To your point about honesty. I want someone who's on my side. Not Disney's side, who is going to tell me that spending $100+ a day to go to the parks is a great value because I get to buy overpriced food and merchandise, while browsing the names painted on the windows of main street (#overrated). No! not what I want. I want thrill rides, E-tickets and great entertainment. That's why I like Len and Jim, they tell you whether something is worth your time and money.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom