What was the best Year to Visit WDW

Cmdr_Crimson

That's not a question you want answered.
U7Ghu2s.gif

Andy_0410

I have 3 different years that come to mind but mainly personal rather than generally the best year to visit
1993 first trip and had a magical time though I now miss river country but we have blizzard beach and animal kingdom is much better than discovery island was
2009 my first visit as an adult and I was really impressed how the world had developed and discovered a new found vacation place that I have been to every year since
2011 finally stayed in contemporary which I had wanted to do since a kid and was first visit in October which meant I discovered how amazing Halloween was
Overall I would say best time was between 93 and 09 due to how much the world grew and expanded but now it does seem to have been neglected on reflection

copcarguyp71

Out of all our visits my favorite for condition and experience of the parks was 1996 but watching our daughter discover them at age three in 2006 is a close second.

WEDwaydatamover

In my opinion 1992/ 1993 was the high water mark for the Magic Kingdom and Epcot Center and original hotels.

Main Street USA was not a strip mall selling the same exact merchandise from shop to shop.

The Walt Disney Story, Penny Arcade and House of Magic were open for busines$.

Costumed characters were a wonderful surprise rather than to be lined up for and expected.

The monorails were almost new and pretty much everybody got a seat. (Yes kids... there were once back to back benches in the standing area and carpet too!) You could stand if you wanted to see something but it wasn't forced herding.

The new Tomorrowland was on the verge of opening.

Open were:
-20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
-Both Skyways
-The Keelboats
-Mr.Toads Wild Ride
-Adventureland Veranda
-Horizons
-World of Motion

-You could go to City Hall and get your free tickets for a Diamond Horseshoe Revue performance
-Orac1 still MC'd the WEDway
-Classic attractions were not shortened or politically corrected
-You could hear the Barker birds of Adventureland squawking. Both outside the Tropical Serenade and the Pirates.
-Buff, Max and Melvin of the CBJ could be found chit-chatting on the wall in the Mile-Long Bar.
-The Main Street Hub was alive with trees and a million sparkling and twinkling lights.

Epcot was fully intact and knew what it was as a theme park, unlike today and Figment used to be male. (at least merchandise wise;) and Dreamfinder was there with Figment.

Mostly all attractions were open. Not seasonally or on reduced hours or reduced elements or dumbed down.

Magic Kingdom used to be open until between 10 and midnight more often than not.

Once you drove onto WDW property you would be advised to turn your AM radio station on to 810 or something like that and hear Jack Wagner give daily updates of hours, shows, etc....

Simpler times but the magic sold itself in my opinion.

yaksplat

I'd say when all four parks become all day parks.

For Epcot specifically, if/when Future World is restored, although that may never happen since corporations aren't as eager to sponsor attractions as they were in 1982. Only SSE, Test Track, and Living With the Land (just one ride in The Land, not the whole pavilion) still have sponsors.

Why do attractions need sponsors? Aren't they making enough money off of ticket sales to pay for maintenance? I never understood this. None of the attractions in the other parks are sponsored.

brb1006

In my opinion 1992/ 1993 was the high water mark for the Magic Kingdom and Epcot Center and original hotels.

Main Street USA was not a strip mall selling the same exact merchandise from shop to shop.

The Walt Disney Story, Penny Arcade and House of Magic were open for busines$.

Costumed characters were a wonderful surprise rather than to be lined up for and expected.

The monorails were almost new and pretty much everybody got a seat. (Yes kids... there were once back to back benches in the standing area and carpet too!) You could stand if you wanted to see something but it wasn't forced herding.

The new Tomorrowland was on the verge of opening.

Open were:
-20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
-Both Skyways
-The Keelboats
-Mr.Toads Wild Ride
-Adventureland Veranda
-Horizons
-World of Motion

-You could go to City Hall and get your free tickets for a Diamond Horseshoe Revue performance
-Orac1 still MC'd the WEDway
-Classic attractions were not shortened or politically corrected
-You could hear the Barker birds of Adventureland squawking. Both outside the Tropical Serenade and the Pirates.
-Buff, Max and Melvin of the CBJ could be found chit-chatting on the wall in the Mile-Long Bar.
-The Main Street Hub was alive with trees and a million sparkling and twinkling lights.

Epcot was fully intact and knew what it was as a theme park, unlike today and Figment used to be male. (at least merchandise wise;) and Dreamfinder was there with Figment.

Mostly all attractions were open. Not seasonally or on reduced hours or reduced elements or dumbed down.

Magic Kingdom used to be open until between 10 and midnight more often than not.

Once you drove onto WDW property you would be advised to turn your AM radio station on to 810 or something like that and hear Jack Wagner give daily updates of hours, shows, etc....

Simpler times but the magic sold itself in my opinion.
Ahh the days of characters wandering the parks

WEDwaydatamover

Danyoung56- That's fine. There is always THAT guy! The tweezer-pick-apart-person.

Let me replace one of the Skyway stations (tho 2 separate attractions and views) with Davy Crockett's explorer canoes still in operation in 1993. Are we good now?

danyoung

WEDwaydatamover, I certainly didn't mean to offend. I think your idea that there are really 2 different Skyway rides - one from Tomorrowland and one from Fantasyland - has merit, and I withdraw my assertion that there was only one Skyway.

KordovaJD

I was recently looking at pictures, and videos of Disney World back in the 80's, 90's, and early 2000's and I wondered when people thought Disney World was in it's prime. I have been every two years since 2005 (and once this year), but I can't seem to decide when I liked WDW the most.

I love WDW right now, but there's so much construction going on, and crowds are insane. I miss 2007-2013, as those trips were some of my all time favorites. Obviously I haven't been to the parks before 2005, so I can't judge if those years were better then now. What do you guys think? What was the best year to visit WDW and why?
Any year between '89 and '94, but I feel like '92-'94 were particularly great.

Walt Disney1955

I can only judge the years I have actually gone myself. Look, every year I have a great time. It never changes that way. But 1995 and 1997 were two really epic visits. Then again, so was 2009. I loved them all. Heck, 1991 was good. I think the further they get away from the mystique of Walt the worse it gets. They should always keep that original Disney spirit going.

So that being said, if I had to pick a year it would be from 1971-'73. The park was new and fresh but recent with Walt's passing. This was going to be grand.

TXDisney

The best part about wdw is they're always updating or adding something. For instance we were just there in December and we're going back in December of this year. In just that time there's going to be like 5 new things in a year. Shortly after all that there's more additions like Toy Story and Star Wars Land. Another added part is going during different ones of the year to see different decor and shows.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom