what was the best WDW guest meltdown you've observed

Disneyfan_76

Back during a family trip to Disney World (1989), when I was a child, we had a pair of Japanese teenagers cut in front of us while waiting in line for space mountain. The line was quite long and we were just outside the building. We tried to explain to them that they were cutting and that the line started about 150ft or so back from us. They pretended to not speak English. Unfortunately for them, my father speaks several languages and happens to be fluent in Japanese. They said something in effect as, "Just don't say anything, the dumb Americans won't know we can understand them". They continued to mock us for a few minutes until my dad started laying into them in Japanese. They were terribly embarrassed, and in the commotion, their parents came over who were sitting nearby. My father explained what had happened and their father apologized for the actions of his sons. He then proceeded to drag them away by their ears and gave them a verbal lashing that you didn't need a translator for. Not sure if it counts as a meltdown, but the whole thing was pretty epic.

steviej

Back during a family trip to Disney World (1989), when I was a child, we had a pair of Japanese teenagers cut in front of us while waiting in line for space mountain. The line was quite long and we were just outside the building. We tried to explain to them that they were cutting and that the line started about 150ft or so back from us. They pretended to not speak English. Unfortunately for them, my father speaks several languages and happens to be fluent in Japanese. They said something in effect as, "Just don't say anything, the dumb Americans won't know we can understand them". They continued to mock us for a few minutes until my dad started laying into them in Japanese. They were terribly embarrassed, and in the commotion, their parents came over who were sitting nearby. My father explained what had happened and their father apologized for the actions of his sons. He then proceeded to drag them away by their ears and gave them a verbal lashing that you didn't need a translator for. Not sure if it counts as a meltdown, but the whole thing was pretty epic.

That is amazing. I would've loved to have seen the look on their faces when they knew they were busted.

steviej

Does anyone want to place any bets on how many meltdowns there will be at WDW in the next couple of days stemming from things that are shutdown due to the hurricane? "I don't care if there is 2 feet of water and 100 mph winds, my little snowflake HAS to meet Cinderella!" ;)

:hilarious:

KraftServices

The worst meltdown I have seen lately was probably me :oops:
We spent a week at WDW with my husband's parents and his sister and her family. To say it was a very trying week is an understatement.
I was by myself doing the airline check in at the resort. When the lady weighed my bag, it was 1.2lbs over. I wasn't upset. I asked how much the fee was. She told me and I told her it was fine--I would pay it (I only had one other bag and it was full). She was trying to be helpful and offered to help me move some things around. I told her again, I just wanted to pay the fee. She still insists she will help me. She starts unzipping my bag and lays it down and proceeds to shuffle through my dirty clothes! At this point I had enough. I said in a very loud voice "I have had the worst week of my life and I just want to pay the fee and get out of this place!!"
I turn to see my husband and his parent's standing behind me :banghead:
The flight and ride home from the airport with his parents was a little tense.

If your bag was overweight, why would moving stuff around help even if you'd given her permission to rifle around in your things?

ArielLover

I'm with you. Some people spend their money in Vegas, some spend on a cruise, some spend on a visit to Europe. I choose to spend in Disney. I can afford to drop $1,000 a day so whats the big deal? I work very hard for my money and when I go on vacation, I like to enjoy my Vacation.
Totally with you, heading down in 5 weeks, 6 night trip around $6000

rob0519

If your bag was overweight, why would moving stuff around help even if you'd given her permission to rifle around in your things?

If she only had one bag, taking something out and then putting it in a another family member's bag that might be underweight is done all the time. I tend to pack lighter than my daughter's and our suitcases are all open at the check-in facility at the resort moving stuff around.

I've actually had check-in personnel let anything under 2 lbs go, while others have not.

ninjaprincesst

Given it was just one pound over she was probably just going to move some stuff from on suitcase to the other, but the point is the poster had already said no, so leave it at that. But one a weird side note i had both of my suitcases weighing in at 51 pounds one time, I was just going to move some stuff into one bag so I could pay one fee instead of two, but the guy opened the moved some things around between the two reweighed them and they were both 49. I still dont understand how that can be, where did four pounds go? If anyone understands how please explain

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Given it was just one pound over she was probably just going to move some stuff from on suitcase to the other, but the point is the poster had already said no, so leave it at that. But one a weird side note i had both of my suitcases weighing in at 51 pounds one time, I was just going to move some stuff into one bag so I could pay one fee instead of two, but the guy opened the moved some things around between the two reweighed them and they were both 49. I still dont understand how that can be, where did four pounds go? If anyone understands how please explain
Maybe he found something he liked and took it home with him. Just kidding, but, that is an interesting questions isn't it. Maybe a faulty scale?

mergatroid

If she only had one bag, taking something out and then putting it in a another family member's bag that might be underweight is done all the time. I tend to pack lighter than my daughter's and our suitcases are all open at the check-in facility at the resort moving stuff around.

I've actually had check-in personnel let anything under 2 lbs go, while others have not.

At the airport coming home my wife's suitcase is always over the weight limit. Up until this year they've nearly always let us off paying at the check-in desk and just warned us that they could be charging us for being over.the limit but aren't. We're always very polite and chatty to the airport staff anyway but my wife is convinced that it's the "Gay man working the desk" (to be fair to her they often seem to be, not that there's anything wrong with that of course) who liked me and that's why he's not charged us. I point ou to her that's it's more likely because I'm just polite and also disabled but she's not having that, it's because the gay man working the desk liked me :rolleyes:

Anyhow this last week we got to check-in and the campest man I've ever seen was on the desk. Anyhow as we approach she whispers to me "I've bought a lot of things this year, remember to put the charm on and smile a lot". I was lovely and chatty (in a heterosexual manly sort of way) and he was lovely to us even complimenting my t-shirt (Suicide Squad - Harley Quinn) in return. He then announced my wife's case was over weight and wanted $52 to accept it :mad:

I must be losing my looks as I get older it would appear :eek:

Last edited:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
One time I was at Cosmic Rays when I hear this lady getting loud with the CM. They told her she couldn't sit down at the tables unless she had food. She starts yelling What??!!! Are you serious????!!! You know how much we paid to be here and we can't even sit down!? My husband is on line! And my little royal darlings are tired and hungry! Bad enough we couldn't even see Cinderella in her castle and now this!?
It was really something.

I see what you did there. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom