What Was/Is your defining Disney Moment.

moonchild

Oh geez, you guys are makin me cry....happy tears! i cried when I 1st saw the Castle. But I think I really felt like I was there when I saw my 1st Parade, on mainstreet.

no2apprentice

For me, it will always be the moment you walk past the locker area and Main Street opens up before you. I know they built the entrance so that you can only get there by monorail or boat, to give the effect of being transported to someplace special. But to me, it doesn't hit until those first few steps into Main Street. The overwhelming feeling of entering the reality of one man's dream, a dream that others have tried to recreate or copy, but nothing else comes close. I could stop at the nearest bench and just sit for a good hour or so, watching people come in, also entering the special dream of WDW. But if I did stop, my wife and kids would get a little upset, so I keep going, exploring the dream a little deeper each time.

Tenn Disney Dad

Of all our (Dad and Daughter) trips to WDW, our defining Disney Moment had to be during our summer 2000 trip. With a lot of spunk from my teenage daughter, we were "selected" to be the Grand Marshals of the afteroon parade in the MK.

This pleasure had eluded us for many years but it was truly a moment rich in joy and satisfaction for both of us. We took lots of pictures and the certificate they give you to "prove" you did it was very nice. I will long savor that special moment...a Disney Dad and his Disney Nut Daughter.

Camelot

The most defining Disney Moment??? I have to say being on the monorail heading to the Park and as you start seeing the Castle, etc, It's the excitement of just knowing what a wonderful day lies ahead. :)

mej

Like so many others - it is going under the railway to arrive on Main Street. Then I know that I am really "home"!

NADisney

Mine is waiting to enter the MK gates into Main Street USA, then running towards the rope to Frontierland to be the first on Splash Mountain or Tomorrowland's Buzz Lightyear. Then taking the Ferry Boat back to the parking lot at night while watching the Fireworks burst over Cinderella's Castle.

In a few weeks (April 4 - 6 2002) ,I'll be visiting Disneyland for the First time.I know I'm going to cry at the MK gates on April 5.To really see the Park that Walt built has always been one of my Dreams.I'll be turning 29 March 5th , and this is going to be one perfect way to celebrate my (unbirthday).

:sohappy: :cry: :)

JBloom1029

thats a really goodquestion... most of mine were when was really young and werent in the park but going around the disney propertyt different places likeresorts and water parks.

SJTSmith

:lol: I know that I am at disney when you first drive up to the hotel. It is just a magical feeling and you know that everything will just be perfect. I always have a smile on my face from that point till it is time to leave.

AdLibSean

Wow!

Lemme just start off the bat that I'm so amazed and so touched that the people here on this board feel the same way I do. That common feeling of being "home" experienced by most of you (including myself) is just incredible. For me I have a few "moments" so allow me to indulge myself. (Even though I'm supposed to be writing an essay for English due tomorrow, who cares!)

-Like so many of you, that feeling after you step under the RR station at MK. Main Street opens up to you and you're overcome with emotion. This past June I had the opportunity to visit WDW for two days with my very VERY good friends, whom I love very much. Sadly, they were all graduted and off to college, and this trip was our final "hurrah" together. Our second day at WDW was to be at the Magic Kingdom, and it really was something. We all got up to the entrance on the right and stepped into magic. Rounding the flag plaza and finally seeing Cinderella Castle dead-on with the sun shining and the music playing and just EVERYTHING about that moment. Will live in my memory forever. Words could NEVER describe EVERYTHING you experience at that moment.

-Spaceship Earth. Need I say more. The thing is massive, but next to the castle, one of the most beautiful structures to ever grace the planet. Its that feeling of stepping beyond into another world that gets me. The music of this area is my verymost favorite out of all the parks. It really is something. And stepping under its huge structure into Innoventions Plaza and looking beyond the Fountain of Nations into World Showcase just takes your breath away.

-A very special trip that is dear to my heart would have to be our family trip, my dad, mom , and sister to WDW during the Millennium Celebration. I was a junior in High School and it was our first trip to WDW since I was in the 3rd grade. 7 LONG HORRIBLE years passed since I would see the spires of the Castle loom over the magic of its Kingdom, or watch Spaceship Earth slowly come to life as the sun sank at Dusk from World Showcase, again. The millenium celebration was a wonderful time to visit, and to come "home", this was my home! With the people I loved, it was home. I have to explain something now about why I consider it home, and I apologize for the length of this post. I have to get this out. I've moved around MANY MANY times in my life. I don't have a place I can really say thats been there for me since childhood. The only things that have been constants in my life are my family and WDW. I know it sounds pathetic but, thats part of the reason I love the place so much. It's my home, a happy home where the evils of the world seem to be shut out; and for that brief week, nothing else matters at ALL! You're happiness soars, as does your spirit and its truely magical.

Thanks for your time, even though no one will probably read this. I always seem to be the last person to reply to a post. Oh well. Take care and wish upon a star.... it can't hurt...

disneymystique

Defining moments -

I agree completely with the changing street signs, but before them it was the first sight of the Monorail heading to/from Epcot with everyone "betting" what would be the first color Monorail we see.

Even earlier, driving in and following the colored lines to your resort (usually Polynesian).

These truly let us know we were there.

Main Street USA

AdlibSean, let ME say that you are at the right place, and I guarantee that not one person who visits this site could think that any part of your post is pathetic. I believe we all feel Disney World is like a home to us. I certainly do. I'm not going to sit here and retype your post, although I couldn't have said any of it better.

Colin

For us it was awesome on our first boat trip to Magic Kingdom. To see Main Street and the castle was simply magic.

I grew up in a small country town in Australia, no Television, I think for the later part of my life I dreamed of visiting Disneyworld, I don't know why Disneyworld, as Disneyland is much closer. Anyway back in 1994 was our first trip to a place we knew very little about and are booked for our fifth visit to WDW in Christmas 2002, and hopefully every year for Christmas from now on. That gives us a total of 43 visits by the time I am 80 years old. :) :)

The other defining moments will be to see and hear Spectromagic, and when we drive into the Boardwalk Villas checkin for the first night, and when they say Welcome Home.

goaler

Originally posted by 2much2do
3. Getting to MK and walking down Main Street. Main Street has a smell too, like cookies baking and the soap they use to wash the floors and some other stuff I can't describe, but I'm sure you know. And seeing the castle. Even if we get to Disney and go to another park first, as we have done the last two times, we don't feel we are really there until the day we walk down Main Street.

I have to agree with 2much2do, no matter when we get to WDW, where we are staying, or which park we go to first, we are not really there until we get to the MK.

We went last March for my son's 13th birthday and I will never forget him taking hold of my hand while we walked down Mainstreet. He suprises me with something almost every day, but at 13, I never would have thought that he would want to hold his Dad's hand - in public no less!

The MK is truely the happiest place on Earth.

Originally posted by YoHo
What is it (or was it if its been removed) that really made you feel like you're at Walt Disney World?

Some people its the Castle. For me, its Adventureland. Seeing Pirates, the Tikihouse and Jungle cruise drive home that yes, I'm home.

So what is it for you?
those are all me too but the monorail is what really did it for me as a child

goonsquads57

Main street and the castle. And the music (we are always there at Christmastime, so it's always Christmas music). The "clip-clop" of the horses. It's like I'm holding my breath all year until I get to main street....then I'm home.

Colin

Originally posted by goonsquads57
Main street and the castle. And the music (we are always there at Christmastime, so it's always Christmas music). The "clip-clop" of the horses. It's like I'm holding my breath all year until I get to main street....then I'm home.

There is a great atmsophere over the Christmas week, after the New Year it is just not the same. Sure the crowds are bigger over Christmas, but you just have to organize the day better.

goonsquads57

We actually go right after Thanksgving. The crowds are small, but the Christmas season is in full swing. We bug out before the Christmas vacation crowds. It's the best!

Originally posted by krazyjon
As they say in radio, long-time listener, first time caller. I don't know about anyone else, but as a child (and still today) driving to WDW, it was/is the sight of the first Disney roadside billboard sign that also made us feel we were there. Of course we really had some driving left, but that was and is a biggie.
i love that too

Mr. Toad

I would probably say walking under the train station on my way into the Magic Kingdom and seeing the posters for the attractions. For some reason I am not "really" there until I get to the Magic Kingdom and see those posters.

I know that this year we will probably start out in the Animal Kingdom as we are staying at the lodge but I will be counting the hours until the morning comes and we head to MK.

tinkrbel

Originally posted by YoHo
What is it (or was it if its been removed) that really made you feel like you're at Walt Disney World?

Some people its the Castle. For me, its Adventureland. Seeing Pirates, the Tikihouse and Jungle cruise drive home that yes, I'm home.

So what is it for you?

1. the resort ( which ever one we are staying at that year
2 . the charactor breakfast which has become our first day tradition

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 101

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom