What villain is pure evil?

UNCgolf

Maybe Scar thinks Mufasa is the antagonist, but it's really misplaced, e.g., a Loki vs. Thor situation? Idk. Just thinking out loud. It is hard to create sympathy for a guy who murdered his brother the way he did.

Yeah, that's the thing. To actually make him sympathetic enough to think "well, I can understand why he murdered Mufasa", it seems like you'd basically have to make Mufasa do some pretty bad stuff to him. And then you retroactively screw up the Lion King.

Heppenheimer

Chernabog. Walt referred to him as Satan himself. Deems Taylor, the master of ceremonies for Fantasia also said Chernabog was Satan. Since Satan is pure evil... there can be no other to compare to him. Hes long been recognized as THE epitome of Evil.

View attachment 565471
If Chernabog is Satan, then yes, he is the ultimate villain. But in his on-screen appearance, he really doesn't do much besides stand around and look scary. And if you can wait it out until daybreak, he's remarkably easy to defeat.

SteamboatJoe

I really want to throw Madame Medusa in the mix. My first choice would be Maleficent, But there's something about Medusa (especially when I watch it now as an adult) that just makes me think "woah", the clear disregard for a child's welfare just for a diamond at the bottom of a pit is pretty downright awful...
Madame Medusa's wickedness struck me much harder after having a daughter.

Her Australian counterpart in the sequel wasn't much better.

LittleBuford

Has Pinocchio been mentioned yet? It's brimming with villainous characters, the worst being Stromboli and the Coachman.

tumblr_n2ndtm4UvL1r6fhuio1_400.gifv

Heppenheimer

Madame Medusa's wickedness struck me much harder after having a daughter.

Her Australian counterpart in the sequel wasn't much better.
And I always wondered why he's supposedly Australian but speaks with an American accent (along with the kid in the movie). Not exactly the great George C. Scott's best performance.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
For all of those folks saying Scar... They could easily create a backstory for him just as much as they did for Cruella and Maleficent (who I already thought were two of the most "baddies")

I'm gonna go for John Ratcliffe, Lady Tremaine, The hunter from Bambi, Chernabog, and The Queen of Hearts.

Although, I also wouldn't be shocked if Disney came up with some BS for them too.

UNCgolf

For all of those folks saying Scar... They could easily create a backstory for him just as much as they did for Cruella and Maleficent (who I already thought were two of the most "baddies")

As I said, though, any backstory for him would involve turning Mufasa into an antagonist almost by necessity. That's not to say they couldn't do it, but it would really change the Lion King.

Skibum1970

As I said, though, any backstory for him would involve turning Mufasa into an antagonist almost by necessity. That's not to say they couldn't do it, but it would really change the Lion King.

Either Mufasa is a bully or their parents would be blamed yet again (probably ignored Scar and fawned on Mufasa). That's pretty much Disney's go-to, especially if they kill the parents early on. Any way that they could blame it on Rafiki? Maybe he gave Scar bad info? You can't trust a baboon.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I mean... As if they haven't "really" changed Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmations, and others...

UNCgolf

I mean... As if they haven't "really" changed Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmations, and others...

I haven't seen Maleficent so it could be true there -- I don't think any of the others are really changed the way making Mufasa an antagonist would change Lion King, though. It would screw up the whole plot of the film.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom