What type of hotel do you prefer?

What type of hotel do you prefer and why?

• Value resort

• Moderate

• Deluxe

• Deluxe villas

• Wilderness

Results are only viewable after voting.

momof1princess

I couldn't ever pay what Disney asks to stay in a deluxe hotel. My favorite place is Coronado, for the quiet and queen size beds. But to got to WDW often enough to keep my daughter happy, we're staying value, and hoping for enough peace to sleep at a decent hour, lol.

When our daughter was younger we loved staying in the All Star Movies and Pop Century resorts. It felt like we were inside a cartoon! Now that she is older she appreciates things like shorter walks to/from busses (probably because she's too big to be carried by daddy now) and less crowded pools and food areas. We usually stay at moderate resorts now as it works best for our budget and allows us a longer stay. We have enjoyed Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter multiple times.

If your children are still small go for the All Star resorts! Hope your trip is magical!

SW_matt

Moderate for me! My favourite ever is probably Fort wilderness lodge, we stayed at OKW last year and although it was a gorgeous resort we felt a bit out of the disney loop and it didn't feel as WDW.

ryguy

As a Florida resident it seems the best value comes at the moderate resorts, Coronado in particular. Which works out well because they have a nice pool area. For our family who doesn't focus on the parks when we go having a great pool is important. Having a pool slide is a must, so that eliminates the values.

I think Riverside is the most beautiful resort on property. It's probably the least Disney feeling, but the designer hit a home run with the design and feel of the resort. AKL is also pretty awesome.

bethymouse

2007=all star/pop century
2010= port orleans/carib beach
2012= poly (anniversary)/wilderness lodge/saratoga springs
2015= AKL/Grand floridian
Needless to say, our "tastes" have changed over the years ( mostly husband- I could stay in a tent if I had to:)).
If you're a "park" goer and you don't mind the bus, then the value resorts are for you. We like taking a day or two just to chill out at the resort pools and bars, etc... But, because we've become deluxe "snobs", we can't afford it each year.:( We may have to go every other year or so.:(

Belle_MTL

We've split our stay in the past between FW cabins and other resorts, but now we exclusively stay at the Fort. Even though the cost per night is expensive, I find that in the end we save money by having the full kitchen. I also enjoy the quiet and serenity of FW. The parks are loud, and crazy so it's nice to go back to the resort and get some peace and quiet (that wasn't a complaint- I enjoy every bit of the parks!!). We stayed at the AKL a few years ago and didn't like that we could hear the guests in other rooms, but that's because we're used to the cabin.

Stellajack

Premium Member
Port Orleans Riverside is our favorite, but we also like POFQ. As far as deluxe resorts, we have stayed at AKL-Jambo House 3 times and we loved it. I have read that some of the deluxe resorts have high interior noise levels, and this is actually confirmed in the Unofficial Guide. The explanation given is that the exterior doors of values and moderates which open to the outside are thicker doors with weather stripping, etc. which helps filter out noises. This probably doesn't matter to most folks but after a l-o-n-g day in the park, it matters to us.

IanDLBZF

I've typically been in the Value and Moderate Resorts, but I have stayed in a Deluxe Resort ONCE, I'm okay with the values and the moderates, but my main primary preference is the moderates (namely: CSR and FQ), and the secondary preference is the deluxes (namely: WL, BW, Poly, GF)

disneygirl1

We have stayed at all levels and over the last few years we have become total deluxe and or DVC resort snobs. We have been to Disney so many times over the last decade that when we go (we usually go at least 2x a year) we like to have down time at the resort so we prefer to stay Deluxe. By no means would I not stay at a Value or Moderate if money were tight though. Personally now that we have a baby in tow, staying at a deluxe resort, especially an Epcot resort is SO convenient. Love having the ability to walk to Epcot and HS. The less we have to collapse a stroller to get on the bus the better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom