what tricks do you use

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
our trips to Disney have been exceeding all trips to other places.. at ages of 53 and 55 .. we need to go other places before we cannot.. meaning that I may never get to Austria, even though my wife and kid have been there.. or my wife really wants to see the Grand Canyon.. its a high priority for her.. and being that she has poor knees.. time is running out..

I would like to go to Seattle and the Islands.. but its a long trip.. and due to an injury 5 years ago.. I get some what closetrophobic.. ( spel).. I wonder if I could ride a plane that long.. the same to Europe..

Disney is less then 4 hours by plane.. even if we were in scooters we could go by our selves.. I don't think that you can do other places with that type of ease as Disney..

and for the past few years, my wife has carried the financial load far above what I have done..

she has paid a ton of bills. she deserves to go where she wants..

I just couldn't joke like that about my wife.. and she wouldn't joke like that about me..

Well, that's lovely and admirable of you, but at the same time when someone does feel comfortable making jokes about their significant others, perhaps let's not condemn them for doing so?

trr1

Here's the background, My wife and I have been to WDW 3 of the last 4 years. We are taking a break this year as we both have otehr trips we are needing to do and I am changing jobs next month. Any way she wants to go some where else for our vacation next year that we are committed to doing. I am desperately trying everything. Our trip in 09 was not as nice as we are used to. We traveled with family which wasa pain. Also it was free dining, food and wine, and the weatehr was way hot for October. So what tricks do you guys use to convince a spouse to go to wdw?
:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:
lets go on seperate vacations this year honey

LoriMistress

two things either you are not married.. or its not a happy situation..

but if I pulled that in my house I would have trouble breathing for the next zero years of my life.. because I wouldn't BE BREATHING..

nor would I be walking or talking without years of theraphy..

you don't pull that if you have a mutual marriage.. one that you want to keep..
and I have 31 years of experience..

there isn't a trick.. it comes down to what does SHE NEED. and not always but if its her turn.. ITS HER TURN.. what you don't want is to buy the trip. go and have a worst time then the last because SHE DOESN"T WANT TO BE THERE..

and I wish I was married to a a girl who wanted a new nighty on every trip.. but that's another story..

you need to meet your family's NEEDs.. and not your wants.. if she NEEDS to go some where else .. you go.. and you smile and enjoy it..

WE ARE GOING TO LAS VEGAS in June.. and the Grand Canyon.. and I am going to enjoy it.. and I am going to smile.. and be happy.. and stay married. .

because , my wife is my best friend, and she IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE..

now would I like her to go to Disney for Christmas.. You bet.. but if its not in the cards. .I am not going to die.. her NEEDS are more important then my wants.. and that's how you stay married for 31 years..
He was being sarcastic.

hrcollectibles

but if I pulled that in my house I would have trouble breathing for the next zero years of my life.. because I wouldn't BE BREATHING..

there isn't a trick.. it comes down to what does SHE NEED. and not always but if its her turn.. ITS HER TURN.. what you don't want is to buy the trip. go and have a worst time then the last because SHE DOESN"T WANT TO BE THERE..

and I wish I was married to a a girl who wanted a new nighty on every trip.. but that's another story..

you need to meet your family's NEEDs.. and not your wants.. if she NEEDS to go some where else .. you go.. and you smile and enjoy it..

WE ARE GOING TO LAS VEGAS in June.. and the Grand Canyon.. and I am going to enjoy it.. and I am going to smile.. and be happy.. and stay married. .

because , my wife is my best friend, and she IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN MY LIFE..

now would I like her to go to Disney for Christmas.. You bet.. but if its not in the cards. .I am not going to die.. her NEEDS are more important then my wants.. and that's how you stay married for 31 years..

Wow... Have you not been on the boards long enough to know when someone is being sarcastic?

And a vacation is not a need its a want....

princessmelinda

I tried to convince my boyfriend to go for our one year anniversary. I made him a powerpoint with 10 good reasons why disney would be perfect. Unfortunately...it did not work lol, we're going to aruba in november, but I still convinced him on a trip. Next time will be disney :) :wave:

Susan Savia

Wow, thats certainly not a problem in our house. We go every winter and its just 'something that we do' in the course of a year. He loves it as much as I do and so, we go. We do other trips thru the year also, but Disney World is our favorite.

majorrfb

I couldn't agree with you more!!!

I do exactly what you do and believe! We have been married 32 years and it is a give and take process. Except, we are going to WDW this Dec. after our Bermuda cruise in Sept. which my bride really wants to do. Happy holidays. :sohappy:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
634060846078328285-KnowYourPlace.jpg

DiPSU224

Simple, shes a woman so she does as shes told. I dont mess with white good operation, she doesnt need to worry her pretty little head about making decisions.

I've said it once before, but I'll say it again. I *heart* you. :lol:
You make me LOL with every post!

Luckily for me, my husband doesn't need convincing. He usually is the one trying to get me to go. I on the other hand have to be the responsible one who knows when we can and can't afford to go...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom