What to put in the northwestern end of the Magic Kingdom?

mharrington

Original Poster
Anything could fit like Ice Age, Rio, Epic they could fit easily.

That's not going to happen, at least not with me. I was one of those people who was against the merger, so I really would rather not do anything like those here, so jarring and so intrusive. I really want to avoid anything Fox-related.

mharrington

Original Poster
Why not it could be a 'spooktacular' edition -- could even have a 'swinging' wake up call as well :cool:

That's way too radical a departure, in my opinion. I don't believe there has ever been an actual resort hotel INSIDE a theme park before, ever.

I have another question, one that I don't think was ever truly answered: can a land themed to Mickey and the gang exist in the park even though there is a circus-like area already with a few ties to these characters (i.e., the Goofy roller coaster)? One thing I thought about, to make the transition less jarring, was a return, in theme anyway, of Camp Minnie-Mickey, but nowhere near as cheap-looking with actual attractions as opposed to just some character greeting trails and a couple of stage shows.

AceAstro

That's way too radical a departure, in my opinion. I don't believe there has ever been an actual resort hotel INSIDE a theme park before, ever.

I have another question, one that I don't think was ever truly answered: can a land themed to Mickey and the gang exist in the park even though there is a circus-like area already with a few ties to these characters (i.e., the Goofy roller coaster)?
There’s two hotels that are located inside the park. The Disneyland Hotel in Disneyland Paris and one of the hotels in Tokyo Disney (the MiraCosta I believe?)

mharrington

Original Poster
There’s two hotels that are located inside the park. The Disneyland Hotel in Disneyland Paris and one of the hotels in Tokyo Disney (the MiraCosta I believe?)

Technically, they're located at the entrance to the park, not within the parks themselves. The spot behind the river is deep within the park itself.

Now, again, I ask, can a land themed to Mickey and the gang exist in the park even though there is a circus-like area already with a few ties to these characters (i.e., the Goofy roller coaster)?

spacemt354

Chili's
Technically, they're located at the entrance to the park, not within the parks themselves. The spot behind the river is deep within the park itself.

Now, again, I ask, can a land themed to Mickey and the gang exist in the park even though there is a circus-like area already with a few ties to these characters (i.e., the Goofy roller coaster)?
Fantasmic as well as Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will both exist in the same park come 2019, so yes. This also already exists in Disneyland with Toontown and Fantasmic.

AceAstro

Okay but at the entrance area is still within the resort. So that means there has been a resort located in a theme park. And I feel having one deeper in the park would be a fun challenge. Not to mention realistic as I imagine they’ve looked into it before.

mharrington

Original Poster
Fantasmic as well as Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway will both exist in the same park come 2019, so yes. This also already exists in Disneyland with Toontown and Fantasmic.

Yes, but technically, Fantasmic is a nighttime show (one that may not always be shown every single night), and it intersperses Mickey and the gang (mostly Mickey, granted, but still) with the larger Disney universe as a whole. In this case, I'm trying to keep things relatively limited to Mickey and the gang themselves. It's one thing for a park to have a show and a ride featuring Mickey and the gang in two separate parks, but it's another thing to have multiple rides based on Mickey and the gang spread across multiple lands of the same park. I ask and overthink because I don't want to spread things to a fault.

Okay but at the entrance area is still within the resort. So that means there has been a resort located in a theme park. And I feel having one deeper in the park would be a fun challenge. Not to mention realistic as I imagine they’ve looked into it before.

The examples you mentioned are not technically INSIDE the parks, as in not inside the gates. They may have access to the parks, with a special access gate (like the Grand Californian), but they are not technically within the park boundaries, I don't think. I could be mistaken, but I also don't think that a proper hotel was ever conceived as existing deep within a park.

spacemt354

Chili's
Yes, but technically, Fantasmic is a nighttime show (one that may not always be shown every single night), and it intersperses Mickey and the gang (mostly Mickey, granted, but still) with the larger Disney universe as a whole. In this case, I'm trying to keep things relatively limited to Mickey and the gang themselves. It's one thing for a park to have a show and a ride featuring Mickey and the gang in two separate parks, but it's another thing to have multiple rides based on Mickey and the gang spread across multiple lands of the same park. I ask and overthink because I don't want to spread things to a fault.

The examples you mentioned are not technically INSIDE the parks, as in not inside the gates. They may have access to the parks, with a special access gate (like the Grand Californian), but they are not technically within the park boundaries, I don't think. I could be mistaken, but I also don't think that a proper hotel was ever conceived as existing deep within a park.
If we're going to get technical -- Cinderella's Castle is a boutique resort considering it has a suite that people have stayed overnight in. I'm also pretty sure Mira Costa is within the park boundary of DisneySea, but nevertheless, there is no ride based on Mickey in Storybook Circus, so it wouldn't be spread across two lands.

D Hulk

If we're going to get technical -- Cinderella's Castle is a boutique resort considering it has a suite that people have stayed overnight in. I'm also pretty sure Mira Costa is within the park boundary of DisneySea, but nevertheless, there is no ride based on Mickey in Storybook Circus, so it wouldn't be spread across two lands.
Correct, MiraCosta IS wholly inside DisneySea. Regular park guests enter alongside its entrance, then pass under the entire hotel for a grand reveal. The entry land’s shops are all on MiraCosta’s ground floor. The upper level suites really add a sense of life to the park.

Sleeping within MC, you never forget you’re inside DisneySea. Sounds and smells waft in all night long. Truly magical. And you get essentially front row seats for Fantasmic in your hotel room, complete with silk bathrobe and a Kirin.

What were we talking about?

mharrington

Original Poster
...there is no ride based on Mickey in Storybook Circus, so it wouldn't be spread across two lands.

No, but there is a Goofy ride in Storybook Circus, so that would be spread across two lands if Goofy is involved in this new area, which I hope he is.

Correct, MiraCosta IS wholly inside DisneySea. Regular park guests enter alongside its entrance, then pass under the entire hotel for a grand reveal. The entry land’s shops are all on MiraCosta’s ground floor. The upper level suites really add a sense of life to the park.

So you're saying it's located way beyond the ticket booths and turnstiles for the park, then?

D Hulk

So you're saying it's located way beyond the ticket booths and turnstiles for the park, then?
MiraCosta isn't waaaaaay beyond the booths, but it is past them. Think of it as over Main Street's Emporium and its Cinema, and spanning over the street. Guest room views are equivalent to looking unobstructed at Cinderella Castle for the fireworks.

This debate might be more about placing a major hotel deeper into a park, like where the Castle is. True that hasn't been done before, but at some point in time the MiraCosta idea hadn't been done before either. There's precedent for pushing the envelope!

You have a Kirin to watch Fantasmic with? You’re teasing.
I tease you not, @S.P.E.W, they don't serve Asahi at TDR.

It's true. I grabbed that Kirin from the minibar just as Mickey Mouse was nodding off.

mharrington

Original Poster
Anyway, we're getting off topic here. To answer @spacemt354's earlier question, true, there is no ride based on Mickey in Storybook Circus, so it wouldn't be spread across two lands. However, there is a Goofy ride in Storybook Circus, so that would be spread across two lands. A kiddie coaster is certainly out of the question, as there is one in Storybook Circus, too.

mharrington

Original Poster
Let's steer this discussion back on track, shall we? There will NOT be a hotel inside the Magic Kingdom, especially since Cinderella Castle has recently started functioning as a suite already.

Now, to answer @spacemt354, true, there is no ride based on Mickey in Storybook Circus, so it wouldn't be spread across two lands. However, there is a Goofy ride in Storybook Circus, so that would be spread across two lands. A kiddie coaster is certainly out of the question, as there is one in Storybook Circus, too.

D Hulk

So it was a drink with the name “Kirin” and nothing else.
6bcf75c2a318dc1d3678d792571844a7--kirin-beer-lager-beer.jpg

When you have a Kirin, do you need anything else?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom