What to expect?

stitchtastic

Just wondering what to expect to be going on in the world late August early September. This will be the latest time of year we have visited(previous May,June,early August) and we arrive August 21 for 14 nights:sohappy:.We expect the weather to be hot and humid and know SM will be down but are just thinking about the crowds - will there be any US holidays while we are there? Any special events or decorations about?
Thanks for any news!!

Pioneer Hall

You may see busier crowds in the beginning of your trip since most schools in the northern part of the country don't start until the last week of august/first week of september. I used to go that week every year until I got to college, and it was never overly crowded. There will be crowds but they won't be like the rest of the summer season.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You will be traveling during the free dining promotion. Walk up TS dining will be nonexistent. If you plan on doing any table service dining you will want to make your ADR's well in advance. (you can start at 90 days prior to your arrival date). As far as special events MNSSHP will start on September 1st.

Upvote 0

bgraham34

Drink plenty of fluids. One thing I tell people especially when leaving the parks when they close at night and you are waiting for the bus it is sometimes best to have something cold to drink on hand, because boy does the humidity kill you.

Upvote 0

lilybee

You may see busier crowds in the beginning of your trip since most schools in the northern part of the country don't start until the last week of august/first week of september. I used to go that week every year until I got to college, and it was never overly crowded. There will be crowds but they won't be like the rest of the summer season.

Hi, in relation to this. Our trip date is the 14th September until the 28th. What will the crowds be like then ? Never been when its empty :shrug:

If this has already been asked then sorry to repeat it.

Thanks

:p

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

Hi, in relation to this. Our trip date is the 14th September until the 28th. What will the crowds be like then ? Never been when its empty :shrug:

If this has already been asked then sorry to repeat it.

Thanks

:p

September will be lighter than August, because schools will all be in session. It won't be "empty" because the free dining promotion will bring in people. Still though, crowds should be small. It's a great time of year to visit.

To the OP, I went to Disney a few years ago the week after when you are going. It was nice because the crowds were basically light. Your week might be more crowded than mine was, because some schools won't be back in yet. Still though, a lot of people will be back home getting ready for the school year to start. More people travel in July. The weather being hot is an understatement. I've never been in sweltering heat like that ever - keep hydrated & take breaks! Bring a change of clothes into the parks too, leave it in a locker. We had to change once a day due to just being sticky & sweaty.

Upvote 0

ThinkTink721

Just wondering what to expect to be going on in the world late August early September. This will be the latest time of year we have visited(previous May,June,early August) and we arrive August 21 for 14 nights:sohappy:.We expect the weather to be hot and humid and know SM will be down but are just thinking about the crowds - will there be any US holidays while we are there? Any special events or decorations about?
Thanks for any news!!

There are no official US holidays in August (none that I know of). :)
Labor Day is the 1st Monday in Sept., which is Sept. 7th this year, I believe.
Yes, it will be hot & humid - dress for comfort.
Many kids will be back in school by August 21.
I am not sure about Florida, but I live a few states to the west & our kids usually begin the school year at the beginning of August (but this varies for each state).
I believe the free dining offer will be going on during that time, so the crowds may be a little heavier than you would expect, but probably nothing like June & July.
Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

juscet

We usually go around this time and have always thought the crowds were bearable. The only thing we always worried about was that you are right in the middle of hurricane season. We have been lucky. Hopefully you will too. Enjoy!:)

Upvote 0

Tiggerfanatic

I'm going to be there from the 8th-13th for my birthday. Hoping that arriving the day after the holiday on the 7th will avoid the crowds of school kids and locals taking a 3-day weekend. Not really looking forward to hot & humid. but as I'm traveling solo this trip, I can always head back to the resort for the afternoon without messing up anyone else's plans.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom