What to do with pins?

Tigggrl

Original Poster
Ok, I have several pins, and finally sorted thru the 3 lanyards I have, and did some pin trading on Tuesday, getting some new cool ones! I have a few CM pins too....I just don't know what to do with them...I mean, I really don't NEED anything, and I am by no means a big pin trader....but I DO have 5 Disney store Millenium pins, Pooh, Tigger, Christopher Robin, Piglet and Eeyore, that I am debating on if I want to keep....What would you guys do???

The Mom

Premium Member
I take it you don't want to trade your extras? ;)

If you don't want to keep them, but don't want to just get rid of them, you might want to think about contacting Make a Wish or Dreams Come True and see if you can donate them to add a special touch to a child's WDW or DL trip.

That way you eliminate YOUR clutter, at the same time you're adding to an ill child's happiness.

If you're asking about keeping them but just not on a lanyard, have you thought about a shadow box, or just mounting them on velvet and framing them? Similar to what people do with medals.

ZapperZ

Or you can give them to me. I will forever be eternally greateful to you.

:)

Zz [who truly does not need any more pins, but will continue getting them]

Tigggrl

Original Poster
Thanks for the suggestions! I just have the few extra Pooh pins to give up really, and I have some shadowboxes, but of course none of them are big enough! I do have some suede mat board and a nice frame...I think thats where the ones I am keeping will go!

Lhriangel

One idea I have been thinking about to try and display Todd's hundreds and hundreds of pins was large cork pieces (or boards) around the walls. That way you can take them down if you need to change/trade them but they are more of the decore then if they are sitting in boxes and bags that your significant other trips over constantly (well I do... it's not MY fault his stupid pins are EVERYWHERE)...

Maybe that idea would help?

Tigggrl

Original Poster
Thanks again for all the suggestions. I sent an email to Dreams Come True, and I will be sending my Pooh pins and my CM pins to them by next week. I plan on putting the rest in a frame, after I gather them all up! Thanks again to Mom for the suggestion! I do other charity stuff, and this is just another great idea!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom