What to carry?

BAChicagoGal

I don't have a trip until November. However, once I book a trip, I go into "full speed ahead planning mode". I am wondering what I should carry into the parks, that won't weigh me down. The feet are going to get tired, of course, but I don't want to end up each day with a sore back, and shoulders.

Any suggestions?

crawale

I like to go very minimal at the parks. If it were just me, I’d take a phone/charger, camera, wallet, water bottle, hand sanitizer, sunglasses, and a plastic bag.

The plastic bag is for when it rains... I put my valuables in there in case of a downpour that’s soak my bag.
Every store will provide you with a plastic bag or two when it rains - great for ponchos after the rain stops.

Upvote 0

Nottamus

Best thing that I carry, is also the heaviest, but i learned about it here on these forums!

We have two Hydroflask 24oz insulated water bottles. Fill with resort ice in the morning. Fill with water bottles we bring with us (we drive in)
and that saves us tons of $. Now that two water bottles are upward of 7$.

Sure, it makes the backpack heavy when they are filled, but its the way to go IMO.

others opinion will vary.

So, in backpack, water bottles, light hoodie, rain ponchos, phone charger, napkins, wet ones, hand sanitizer, sunglasses, tic tacs, a puppy, small diesel generator, pills for headaches. indigestion....and chapstick.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Anyone that uses a ***** pack/bum bag /waist pack lol whatever... care to share a link?
I'd love one if I could find a good quality one...
Mine came from Wal-Mart but has been discontinued. Look for camping/backpacking equipment rather than in the purse section. Otherwise you might get stuck with this one:
1583781650777.png

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

I wear a waist/hip pack (I have this one from Dickies: https://www.dickies.com/*****-packs/plaid-*****-pack/L10310.html?dwvar_L10310_color=GL#start=1) or a tiny crossbody purse (I have several, including this one: https://www.baggallini.com/take-two...01-BG-B0001-NS.html?cgid=31&bvstate=pg:2/ct:r). Basically, the bag has to be tiny enough, and be worn close to the body, such that I never have to take it off on rides, or at restaurants, etc., and there's no chance of losing or forgetting it.

All that goes in it is:
- my phone (with My Disney Experience and/or touringplans apps - it also serves as my camera and my flashlight)
- "First Aid" kit consisting of some Tylenol (loose capsules, rolled up in aluminum foil so it's flat and takes up no space) and Band-Aids
- Hand sanitizing wipes, for quick clean-ups after the kids have touched every inch of every handrail, which is distressingly often! ;)

Optional items:
- Disney VISA card, if going somewhere that has a card-based discount
- sunglasses, if weather-appropriate
- disposable Dollar Tree rain poncho, if weather-appropriate
- Ziploc sandwich bag for my phone, if going on any water rides

Some days, I don't even bother with a bag at all: I just wear a hoodie or a pair of capris with a couple of zipper pockets that can hold the same items, and go bagless. (Going bagless feels so free! To paraphrase Ned Flanders, it "feels like I'm wearing nothing at all!")

There are a thousand other things I could bring, but I've never suffered for not having them. I used to have to include a little phone power pack and charging cord, but I have a newer phone with better battery life now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

Try the urban dictionary! In the Uk it’s the same as the ‘c’ word, which is why it gets blocked.

That now-forbidden 5-letter-F-word was my great-great grandmother's first name, from birth certificate to tombstone! I wonder how she'd have felt if she knew that just a few years into the future, it would become a hideously offensive term! ;)

Upvote 0

Tinkerfan4ever

Vera Bradley makes a decent belt bag. I actually got one for Christmas this year and while I haven't used it at Disney yet, I have used it at an event around home and I really enjoyed how it worked. It has several credit card slots and a spot for a cell phone charger.
1583840809293.png

Upvote 0

EdnaMode

I often only carry my phone and lip gloss and I wear my magic band and sunglasses; my husband carries those minus the gloss plus his wallet. But when we need a bit more, I use this inexpensive day pack that is definitely not much of a fashion statement, but does the job.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
I often only carry my phone and lip gloss and I wear my magic band and sunglasses; my husband carries those minus the gloss plus his wallet. But when we need a bit more, I use this inexpensive day pack that is definitely not much of a fashion statement, but does the job.

Kinda like this actually but I find that sling bags move around a bit too much while walking. I may reconsider though since this looks so functional

Upvote 0

awoogala

I wear something (usually leggings or a running skirt) with pockets, and I only carry an id, a cc, my vape, vape liquid, phone, backup phone battery. maybe a poncho, but usually not.

Upvote 0

kimberlymautz

As an adult, the things I pack for myself are:
Phone
Phone Charger
Camera
Extra Camera Batteries
One CC
One Gift Card
Cash for Tips
Coins
Sunglasses
Sunblock
Poncho

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom