What to carry?

BAChicagoGal

I don't have a trip until November. However, once I book a trip, I go into "full speed ahead planning mode". I am wondering what I should carry into the parks, that won't weigh me down. The feet are going to get tired, of course, but I don't want to end up each day with a sore back, and shoulders.

Any suggestions?

belledream

I like to go very minimal at the parks. If it were just me, I’d take a phone/charger, camera, wallet, water bottle, hand sanitizer, sunglasses, and a plastic bag.

The plastic bag is for when it rains... I put my valuables in there in case of a downpour that’s soak my bag.

Upvote 0

jonabyte

I like to go very minimal at the parks. If it were just me, I’d take a phone/charger, camera, wallet, water bottle, hand sanitizer, sunglasses, and a plastic bag.

The plastic bag is for when it rains... I put my valuables in there in case of a downpour that’s soak my bag.
What kind of bag do you normally take. I have taken a backpack in the past but wouldn't mind something smaller.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

Make sure you carry a credit card, small bottle of sun screen, cheap light weight rain poncho
After thought
If you are a straw user and don't like paper straws bring your own plastic

Last edited:
Upvote 0

belledream

What kind of bag do you normally take. I have taken a backpack in the past but wouldn't mind something smaller.
I have a small Mickey backpack that was (probably) made for a child. Think of those Loungefly backpacks, maybe even a little smaller. Therefore, I wouldn’t recommend it to someone who’s looking for something super durable/comfortable (though it hasn’t failed me in all my trips), but I don’t think it’s the suggestion you’re looking for. :hilarious:

Due to the small amount of things we brought, we were able to get by with a drawstring backpack for many years. Stores like Nike or UnderArmour sell ones with strings that have a little padding to the so they don’t dig into your shoulders when they’re pulled down by the weight.

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
You'll get a wide range of answers and really the best suggestion is to take what YOU need.

Personally this is what I bring and I do use each item...
-phone
-small power bank
-small wallet with CC, ID, insurance card, and some cash
-travel brush
-small pill case with Advil, Imodium...
-gum
-chap stick
-tiny body spray
-tiny flash light
-glasses sports security strap that I only wear on RNRC
-a couple of disposable ponchos
-throw away water bottle

I put sunscreen on before leaving the resort and find I don't need to reapply.

I wear a hat.

I could easily fit those things in a small crossbody but I prefer something a tad larger so I can put my hat in when going on roller coasters.
My sister had to learn the hard way to take off her hat lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

I try bringing just the essentials I know I will be needing. Less weight is good but also having less of a bag to take on rides helps. Some of the ride vehicles provide little room fo you and a bag. I bring sunscreen, some snacks to munch on, phone & charger, water bottles, note pad, pins to trade, asprin & bandaids, and thats pretty much all I need.

Upvote 0

BAChicagoGal

Original Poster
I have used a bacpack in the past, a crossbody, and just a bag with two handles in the past. Backpacks, some of them need to be taken off for rides, unless they are super small. I was thinking about a pack, but they don't look so great in pictures, and they never hold enough. A bag with two handles can be forgotten, if you set them down. I didn't think about the drawstring backpack, if I can locate one. Childsize sounds like a good suggestion, to keep down the size. Never thought of that either. I try not to carry much, but what is it about themeparks. You want to be prepared for everything.

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
It's gonna depend. Proximity of where you are staying. Temperature (November can get a few fronts). Now that my kids are over the stroller phase (which was convenient to have a rolling armoire) - I've moved exclusively to backpack. Still don want it to be too heavy. So I'll make a risk assessment based on several factors.

The mainstays for me are - obviously a credit card (cause I heard Disney won't let you in the park without one), sanitizer, cell phones, ponchos or a light jacket (depending), a pack of smokes, a change of clothes for each of my kids, and a few bottles of water . Everything else I may or may not bring with me depends on several variables. If something completely unexpected comes up, well, then I'm out a few bucks and will buy at the parks. (Which has happened)

Upvote 0

unmitigated disaster

I take my camera (point and shoot), spare batteries, my wallet, my kindle, a cell phone for emergencies, a small notebook and pen and sanitary supplies. If it's looking like rain I add an umbrella.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Usually I wear a bum bag.😲 But I do have a small cross-body type bag (purse to you, I guess) which I wore in Washington in the summer. May well bring that next time instead.

I bring a pocket poncho, CC holder, a few first aid things - plasters, pain killers, travel sized sunscreen, sun glasses, ID.

Sometimes I’ll put it all in a small back pack with ponchos for everyone and a couple of bottles of water, frozen overnight.

Upvote 0

Maelstrom Troll

I carry a Dyneema sling type bag and carry:
-chapstick
-small flashlight
-bottleopener/ bladeless multitool
-sunnies
-ArcTeryx Beta SL
-foldable cap
-reusable water bottle
-protein bars & gummi bears
Since my bag weighs almost nothing it’s not a hardship to carry my daypack essentials. I dont find it obtrusive and it is easy to carry on rides.

Attachments

• 4AA09C7D-E17E-4E29-B4CA-0C464B2E2444.jpeg
    4AA09C7D-E17E-4E29-B4CA-0C464B2E2444.jpeg
    31.2 KB · Views: 257
Upvote 0

The_Jobu

I always try to go as minimally as possible.

Cellphone, camera, wallet, that's it. Usually in cargo shorts as well.

Though these days its probably a good idea to add hand sanitizer.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Because I'm old enough not to care anymore, I'm back to the bum bag/*** pack, waist bag. I have done
crossbody bags--shoulder was aching halfway through Day 2. And
backpack--I was constantly yanking it off to get to something (usually my phone) and trying to unzip/find item/rezip whilst walking.

Sooo much easier to unzip the bag in front, slide out the phone, lip balm--whatever--and keep walking. As an added bonus, I can clip my hat to the waist strap for rides or after dark.

Inside:
phone
credit card, ID, health insurance card, cash, Disney gift cards
small brush and hair ties
lip balm
Tylenol, Tums
moleskin
sunglasses

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Anyone that uses a ***** pack/bum bag /waist pack lol whatever... care to share a link?
I'd love one if I could find a good quality one...

Mine is just a plain old boring holiday bum bag.

But if I wanted to get one I’d actually look at insulin pump pouches. You can get some cool designs. Here’s one site a couple of kids I look after at school use:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom