What time is the Kiss Goodnight at the MK?

JIMINYCR

What is this?!
About 30 minutes after the park closes there is a way MK says goodnight to the park guests. The castle lights twinkle all over, theres also music and there is an announcement saying ... We thank you for joining us today, until we see you again, have a safe trip home. DW and I always stay for it, lots of park guests are rushing out of the park to get the buses or monorail so the majority of guests are missing it. After it you can still wander around for a while enjoying moments of peace and quiet in the pathways.

landauh

About 30 minutes after the park closes there is a way MK says goodnight to the park guests. The castle lights twinkle all over, theres also music and there is an announcement saying ... We thank you for joining us today, until we see you again, have a safe trip home. DW and I always stay for it, lots of park guests are rushing out of the park to get the buses or monorail so the majority of guests are missing it. After it you can still wander around for a while enjoying moments of peace and quiet in the pathways.

You can't just wander anywhere. Only Main Street is still open. Security is at the Hub and will stop you from going to any of the lands.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
When I was there in June the MK closed one night at 11pm, and we saw the goodnight kiss at midnight. We ended up in the hub at 11:45, so we sat and waited for it to come on. I have heard that they play it a few times after close, so maybe every 30 minutes?

Gullywhumper

Walk through adventure land or Fantasyland after closing it is Magical the area music is blaring, everything is perfectly lit, and no screaming kids in sight :) Its heaven!
I think it would be creepy being alone in frontierland! The Ghosts from HM might get me! :p

MickeyisMyBestFriend

Ok thanks for the info:)

wdwgreek

I think it would be creepy being alone in frontierland! The Ghosts from HM might get me! :p
It is so interesting being their at night, if you can start at BTMR and walk up to the Hall of Preisdents, or if you can squeeze by to Fantasyland. Frontierland that late is dark and kinda creepy, but you can see the "gas lights" on in the second stories, hear the music playing and the water from Splash in the background. It feels rustic and like you are in the fantasy wild west!

Cmdr_Crimson

Haven't seen it myself but I hear it's about a half hour after official park close.
What is this?!
In all my trips, I have never seen it! We usually leave before the park closes though or are there during EMH at night. It is on my Disney bucket list though! :)
My goal is to see it next time I'm at the World. I never knew about it on my previous trips!

The Kiss Goodnight is a small color transition light show on the castle as the announcement is made to wish you all a good night and Mickey joins in as well...

Gullywhumper

It is so interesting being their at night, if you can start at BTMR and walk up to the Hall of Preisdents, or if you can squeeze by to Fantasyland. Frontierland that late is dark and kinda creepy, but you can see the "gas lights" on in the second stories, hear the music playing and the water from Splash in the background. It feels rustic and like you are in the fantasy wild west!
Do CM's stop you from trying to go on rides?

Cmdr_Crimson

Do CM's stop you from trying to go on rides?

If there is CM's blocking the Bridges they will tell you that the section of the park is closed..Usually when the GNK happens the park is officially closed past Main Street which is open for the additional time to do last minute shopping..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom