What the heck is this?

pisco

Original Poster
I noticed what looks like a hotel or apartment complex behind the MK while looking at some aerial photos today.

Does anybody know what this is?

Attachments

• mkarea.jpg
    mkarea.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 479

WDWspider

Could that be Shades of Green? I have no clue if it's not, and since I'm not sure what Shades of Green looks like (or where it's located exactly), I am strictly guessing.

Grumpy56

Originally posted by spider-man
Could that be Shades of Green? I have no clue if it's not, and since I'm not sure what Shades of Green looks like (or where it's located exactly), I am strictly guessing.

It's not SOG, SOG is across the street from the Polynesian.

jmarc63

That is definatly NOT Shades of green, SOG is located off of Floridian way just west of the Poly between the TTC and the GF, It used to be the Disney Inn and before the Golf resort.

I have heard CMs talk about there housing being behind the MK, so unless someone can confirm this I belive it's CM housing since this is the only complex big enough to be housing and is behind MK so to speak. I don't belive it is offically deemed as part of the official resort property , But is probably owned by Disney if it is CM housing. The latest property boundry map I have doesn't indicate that area as part of the WDW complex. Other wise it is just a private apartment complex since many have sprung up along the "back roads around the WDW area

Lhriangel

Originally posted by jmarc63
That is definatly NOT Shades of green, SOG is located off of Floridian way just west of the Poly between the TTC and the GF, It used to be the Disney Inn and before the Golf resort.

I have heard CMs talk about there housing being behind the MK, so unless someone can confirm this I belive it's CM housing since this is the only complex big enough to be housing and is behind MK so to speak. I don't belive it is offically deemed as part of the official resort property , But is probably owned by Disney if it is CM housing. The latest property boundry map I have doesn't indicate that area as part of the WDW complex. Other wise it is just a private apartment complex since many have sprung up along the "back roads around the WDW area

Okay I KNOW it's not CM housing .. :) but I think it is another independant apartment complex. I know a few people that live there if it is what I'm thinking of.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by Angelique
Okay I KNOW it's not CM housing .. :) but I think it is another independant apartment complex. I know a few people that live there if it is what I'm thinking of.

I'm thinking the same thing...although...I thought it was housing :) But, maybe it's just that a few CM's live there :animwink:

Lhriangel

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
I'm thinking the same thing...although...I thought it was housing :) But, maybe it's just that a few CM's live there :animwink:

*nod* .. it's not specifically CM housing.. :p... will someone else back me up on this so I don't look stupid? lol

WDWspider

Originally posted by Angelique
*nod* .. it's not specifically CM housing.. :p... will someone else back me up on this so I don't look stupid? lol

Don't worry, I looked stupid enough thinking it was Shades of Green. :hammer: :p :lol: :) ;)

jmarc63

OK then where are the complexes that CP or international CMs stay at I was to assune that there on property or right on the border, are they off of Irlo bronson on the way to kissimee???

wed050499

Hey all,

those are apartments there behind the MK and they serve the purpose of low-cost housing for CM's and just regular housing for anyone else who can get in. I don't remember exact costs, but I remember one of the guys i worked with at the BoardWalk looked into them and said there was a 5 year (at least) waiting list for them. From what i hear they are very nice, but nearly always filled. Any CM's can add onto this if they have anything.

Brian

mbro2002

I'm almost positive those are just normal apartment complexes. That area isn't Disney property. Last time I drove back that way, there were quite a few new complexes and even more being built. Have to admit, it's a pretty convenient place to live if you work for Disney.

Lhriangel

CP housing is SLIGHTLY off property actually :)... um.. over by crossroads for chatham and commons (I think) and then vista is by Bennigan's.

Nintendo18

For the CP, there are three apartment complexes, 2 (Chadam and Vista Way) are located near the crossroads shopping center, but i am not sure where The Commons is located.

niteobsrvr

go to apartmentguide. com and search the Orlando area for apartments on Reams Rd. I think its name is Buena Vista something or other. Its just another apartment community, I am not sure but It may be owned by Trammell-Crowe residential. I cant remeber for sure. I looked at them once but at the time they didn't allow dogs so I ended up in Kissimmee and Celebration instead.

pisco

Original Poster
Originally posted by DisneyInsider
Just wondering where you go those pics...I have seen the sattelite ones, but I want to see if I can get shots like that in color.

Originally posted by bears163
great pictures. can you get more or know where there are more of disney?

To answer both of your questions, the company I work for uses a company called AerialsExpress on our sites for Aerial photos. Instead of using satellite images they shoot from airplanes. I have gotten some great images of the WDW property from them. Unfortunately, the images are copywritten and the sevice is pretty expensive. Otherwise, I would be happy to post some more images.

Thanks to all the people who provided information. And don't feel bad Spider-Man, I thought it might be Shades of Green too!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by pisco
To answer both of your questions, the company I work for uses a company called AerialsExpress on our sites for Aerial photos. Instead of using satellite images they shoot from airplanes. I have gotten some great images of the WDW property from them. Unfortunately, the images are copywritten and the sevice is pretty expensive.

Unfortunately the US doesnt allow our boys to overfly the States taking imagery otherwise Id get some and all it would cost is a case of beer:) Some work for food we work for ale! And besides ours would be better as usuall.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom