What strollers do YOU bring?

Britt

We've got the First Years Jet stroller and we LOVED it for my, then 9 month old, now almost 2 year old. I just wish the basket was a bit bigger.

(link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/The-First-Years-Jet-Lightweight-Stroller-City-Chic/14894713)

We've considered bringing our Baby Trend Double Stoller/Sit and Stand, but, Im worried about the size of it. It's VERY large, very heavy. We're going in a low crowd time, but QS meals...the tram thing in the parking lot? Heck, the airport freaks me out with it. LOL

Soooo, what stroller do you bring?

LivFreeorDisney

We've done the reg size, light weight and the omg this thing is to big double stroller. This year we're doing the sit and stand stroller. Since we have a 19 month old that takes naps and a 4 year old that never sits down. We always bring our own and never rent. The basket size is pretty good and you get the standing part as extra storage if need be.

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I never liked an umbrella stroller for WDW (but apparently a lot do). If you child is either bit tall and their feet touch the foot rest it can be a nightmare. The soft rubber footrest can stretch in the hot sun and press down on the wheels making it impossible to push. I also find them hard to maneuver sometimes, wheels turn sideways at the absolute worst times which makes it impossible to move forward. Also there's very little storage.

We loved the Combi Flare stroller! It fits a child up to 55lbs and folds up almost as small as an umbrella stroller. It's super easy to cart on and off the buses and it rides pretty well around WDW (it's not a good off road stoller, though). It also has a carry strap to throw it over your shoulder which is convienent when you have to pick up a child and a folded stroller at the same time. The sun canopy is large for a small stroller and it has a mesh basket which can hold your essentials. There's also a cup holder for the child and a small pocket near the top of the stroller (which we've used as a cup holder for ourselves).

I highly recommend. I've owned two and they both had many trips to WDW. They were certainly put through the test!

Upvote 0

6laurac

Thanks for posting this question. I wanted to do this myself but ask what stroller to use for stroller rebels.

My almost 3 year old will be going next May and currently hates strollers but loves walking and being toted around. I hope that there will be a stroller she will ride in as toting 31 lbs now is a strain and I can't imagine doing it when she weighs even more.

Upvote 0

fdcfjj

I have traveled with a stroller aged child the past 2 years and I have used the Chicco Lightway Stroller both times. The reasons I love it, it folds completely just like an umbrella stroller, it has a large sunshade, it fully reclines for naps, the front wheels can lock for pushing thru sand or grass and then unlock for easy navigating thru stores or crowds. The only negative I have is the basket isn't large at all, it is actually a synch sack that you can detach and use as a bag. Our first trip to disney I thought this was a big flaw until the first time the bus came and I realized if I wanted to fold up the stroller I had to empty the basket o_O so we packed everything in a back pack and hung it off the back of the stroller, when it was time to get on the bus/tram and such we moved the back pack to our back and folded the stroller, it was also easy to carry the back pack with us in to shows and places that the stroller isn't allowed to go. We use this stroller as our everyday stroller now and I have recommend this to many expecting mothers over the bulky travel system strollers. On a side note if my daughter didn't travel well in this type stroller and I needed something bigger I would rent a city mini from Kingdom Strollers they deliver and pick up for free. Have a Great Trip :D

Love this stroller too! I bought it for our last trip and now use it as our everyday stroller. Light weight, folds easy, turns smoothly, hideaway swaddler under feet and cheaper than Peg Perego or Maclaren. Undercarriage compartment is small. However it is a big step up from your typical umbrella strollers. You can always purchase a stroller caddy which hooks up to the handles. I believe you can purchase at Babies R Us.

Upvote 0

ExtinctJenn

HI ExtinctJenn, When my son was 7 we rented a stroller at the park for EPCOT and AK. My DH thought I was nuts, but with the heat and all the walking in these larger parks it was a blessing. My big boy was happy to get a free ride..lol.
Yeah to be honest it's easy to say (today) that we won't take a stroller but I am fairly sure he'll be needing one along the way and we will take the umbrella anyway (or rent if he's too big). :)

Upvote 0

pfalcioni

We rented a double GT stroller from Strollers and Groceries for our last trip. That's what we will do again next trip as well. I loved the stroller and they were great! It was such a good deal to get free delivery on the stroller and the groceries.

Why would you rent a stroller from your own company?

Upvote 0

Sammy5150

Our son and daughter were 4 & 3, we went to K-Mart in Orlando and got 2 $20 umbrella strollers. Way cheaper than renting from a service or at the parks. they worked great for 11 nights. we gave them away before we left, again kids were 3 & 4 and we really didn't need them at home. They could actually hook together too if we needed that.

Oh yea, Our kids well exceeded the recommended weight but they still worked.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom