What Splash Mountain looks like behind the mountain

Courtman

Good video, shows the floats. Here is the area behind Splash Mountain.

splashback.jpg

The tan coloured building immediately behind the mountain is the ride. Don't know what the white buildings are - I assume float storage or similar. You could see them on the video as they exited the ride building. The brown building is the ride building for PotC.

splashfront.jpg

C&D

I live for stuff like that to happen. Love to take a peek of behind the facade, you know, the nuts and bolts stuff.

WDWKat26

I could tell you exactly what every one of those buildings are. But, i'm sworn to secrecy. You'll just have to go on the Keys to the Kingdom tour :)

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Anyone who has performed at WDW as part of a HS/College Band has been back there, as that's where you unload buses and change into uniform before the long walk around the park to the main st gate by the firehouse. They were very strict about camera usage, although I did get a few shots off of the same area of backstage.

yep thats backstage. Not much to it. Thats also one of the 3 drop off area's for Grad Nites.

Being the dork that I am, I can also tell you the cast members that evaced that splash didn't do it right. they could have easily taken them right out door 9. Oh well.

SewIn2Disney

A few weeks ago we were evaced out of Pirates and we walked allllll the way around the building and saw the storage area for the parade floats...kind of weird seeing them lined up like that. Too bad it was dark and I couldn't see too much.

Timmay

That'd be really odd actually, seeing the unmagical side of things!

Why?? Many people (including me) find it amazing. I love to see how a magic trick is done...I find out, then see the trick again and am even more amazed the second time I see it. It is wonderful that the magician can still trick you when you know what is happening.

clarkstallings

Since the guest was being brought backstage in a situation that's far from voluntary, Disney wouldn't be able to confiscate the camera. If you or I go on a tour, or participate in something willfully and Disney lays out the rule that there is no backstage filming, then the burden is with the guest to obey that rule since they are willingly going backstage. Likewise, if one enters an attraction that says no filming, and you do it anyway, Disney can in theory confiscate the camera or the film atleast. Bottom line, these people did not voluntarily go backstage and as a result, can't have their cameras confiscated. Disney might be able to ask them to stop filming or they could kick them out of the park but as far has confiscating film or anything, Disney would have no standing to do so in this situation.

meryll83

Why?? Many people (including me) find it amazing. I love to see how a magic trick is done...I find out, then see the trick again and am even more amazed the second time I see it. It is wonderful that the magician can still trick you when you know what is happening.
Oh I agree, but I'd still find it odd aswell! :ROFLOL:

WDWKat26

Since the guest was being brought backstage in a situation that's far from voluntary, Disney wouldn't be able to confiscate the camera. If you or I go on a tour, or participate in something willfully and Disney lays out the rule that there is no backstage filming, then the burden is with the guest to obey that rule since they are willingly going backstage. Likewise, if one enters an attraction that says no filming, and you do it anyway, Disney can in theory confiscate the camera or the film atleast. Bottom line, these people did not voluntarily go backstage and as a result, can't have their cameras confiscated. Disney might be able to ask them to stop filming or they could kick them out of the park but as far has confiscating film or anything, Disney would have no standing to do so in this situation.

You'd be surprised what Disney would do...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom