What should we expect from a good Guide?

PoohsGang

Original Poster
Well, made the call today requested a new guide, I'm suppose to hear from a new guide or quality assurance people. We will see. So far nothing........

My wife and I had finally had enough of having our calls go ignored, we will see what a new guide brings.

Any thoughts on what we should expect from a good guide?

I have read in the past that some guides even track when there members are there and give a welcome home call.

We would be happy just to get a return call (if we do get one its 3 to 4 days, the excuse is always "oh I had a couple of days off") last week it took 4 days to add on at BLT and a manager actually had to find him and make him call us.
After spending almost 26000.00 I expect at least a little service.

Way to difficult to contact him, are we asking for too much?

slappy magoo

Well, made the call today requested a new guide, I'm suppose to hear from a new guide or quality assurance people. We will see. So far nothing........

My wife and I had finally had enough of having our calls go ignored, we will see what a new guide brings.

Any thoughts on what we should expect from a good guide?

I have read in the past that some guides even track when there members are there and give a welcome home call.

We would be happy just to get a return call (if we do get one its 3 to 4 days, the excuse is always "oh I had a couple of days off") last week it took 4 days to add on at BLT and a manager actually had to find him and make him call us.
After spending almost 26000.00 I expect at least a little service.

Way to difficult to contact him, are we asking for too much?

For the amount of money we spend, at the very least, if your rep has a few days off, you should get a call from SOMEONE in the office saying your rep has a few days off, but he/she will definitely get your message, and you should expect a call by X o'clock on Y day.

Even if you're the type of person who thinks that you're paying for the time share and not a rep to "be at your beck and call" (or is that "beckoned call" I always wondered), the simple fact is DVC gets a lot of business from word of mouth, satisfied customers telling their friends and relatives that it's worth at least looking into the club. Not to mention existing customers adding on more points. So maintaining STRONG customer service standards, even after the sale, should be extremely important to management, and I'm sure if you let management know how important it is to you, it'll be that important to them, too. And if not, keep asking for the next person up. As long as you're not sounding irrational or hysterical, and as long as it's clear you're looking for extremely basic customer service needs (return a call once in a while), your complaints will be treated seriously.

PoohsGang

Original Poster
For the amount of money we spend, at the very least, if your rep has a few days off, you should get a call from SOMEONE in the office saying your rep has a few days off, but he/she will definitely get your message, and you should expect a call by X o'clock on Y day.

Even if you're the type of person who thinks that you're paying for the time share and not a rep to "be at your beck and call" (or is that "beckoned call" I always wondered), the simple fact is DVC gets a lot of business from word of mouth, satisfied customers telling their friends and relatives that it's worth at least looking into the club. Not to mention existing customers adding on more points. So maintaining STRONG customer service standards, even after the sale, should be extremely important to management, and I'm sure if you let management know how important it is to you, it'll be that important to them, too. And if not, keep asking for the next person up. As long as you're not sounding irrational or hysterical, and as long as it's clear you're looking for extremely basic customer service needs (return a call once in a while), your complaints will be treated seriously.

I don't feel we are asking too much, when I'm away or off for a couple of days the message in my voicemail reflects that. Our guide just plain never calls unless I call quality assurance. So in our case we have to call and leave a message for our guide, wait a couple of days not to hear from him, then call a manager. We then get the "I was off a couple of days excuse" a couple should be 2 last I knew not 4 days...... I really think they could have a dedicated voice message to let you know if they are off, then I won't assume I'm being ignored. I don't expect them to be hanging around wiating for my call. The only thing I exoect would be a call back within 24 hours. I really don't feel thats much to ask for.

PoohsGang

Original Poster
Update

Update,

Recieved a voicemail this morning shortly after 9:00 am, the new guide we were assigned called, welcomed us, said he had the answers to the questions we were trying to get answered last week. When we put the deposit down on BLT we were not informed of the developers points whatsoever from our old guide, then after reading about it on the boards I called the old guide and left a message inquiring about it. (That was Sunday). I called our new guide back and much to my astonishment he picked the phone up. I asked him, he said he would get back to me. 1 Hour later he called, told me we were all set to look at our account. We did the developers points are there!

I am very happy with the new guide, before I could ask the question, he said when you arrive on the 29th, let me know when you would like to see the model. This question I had asked our previous guide with the developers points question. So far so good, I don't need to be pampered, just got tired of having no response to legitimate questions.

We don't expect someone to be at our beck and call, a resonable timeframe is all we ask for a return call.

I'm glad we did call as we wouldn't have got the developer points if the contract had closed.

chwilson88

We had the same exact issue with our guide. I'd call him, and he'd never answer, and I wouldn't hear back for FEW DAYS!! In the business I'm in, if our clients had to wait more than 12-24 hrs for a response we'd be OUT of business in a heartbeat. I was apalled. And he used the exact same excuse too, that he had coincidentally taken a FEW days off...weird how these guys have so much vacation time huh? Well, glad to know I wasn't the only one.

jerlev

Update,

Recieved a voicemail this morning shortly after 9:00 am, the new guide we were assigned called, welcomed us, said he had the answers to the questions we were trying to get answered last week. When we put the deposit down on BLT we were not informed of the developers points whatsoever from our old guide, then after reading about it on the boards I called the old guide and left a message inquiring about it. (That was Sunday). I called our new guide back and much to my astonishment he picked the phone up. I asked him, he said he would get back to me. 1 Hour later he called, told me we were all set to look at our account. We did the developers points are there!

Curious. We got developer points, but they do not how on dvcmember.com. Is that typical?? Maybe I should call MS and confirm... hmm??

PoohsGang

Original Poster
My developer points did not show until I called our new guide, about an hour after that he called us back and they were there.
I would call your guide.

DVC Mike

Curious. We got developer points, but they do not how on dvcmember.com. Is that typical?? Maybe I should call MS and confirm... hmm??

Every time I've received Developer Points, they have not shown up on DvcMember.com. They are there and MS can see them. When you book a reservation with your DPs, you won't get a confirmation right away, either.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom