What should they do with Animation Courtyard?

TheRealSkull

Regarding the RSR rumors in Magic Kingdom, I'd much rather see this in DHS with the whole land. Would make a lot more sense. I edited a version of Cars Land that could fit in, of course with some modifications. It's not perfect, but close enough. Yes, I see it's blocking the entrance to Toy Story Land, but Mater's Junkyard Jamboree probably wouldn't be there because of Alien Swirling Saucers.

(I didn't expand out to the water chiller plant just in case that can't be removed, which I assume would be quite expensive. However the training offices, entertainment management, and the parking garage could probably be moved, so I layered Cars Land over those too.)
DHSexpansion.png

cheezbat

Demo the whole freaking thing already. We’ve all been begging for this area to clear out for some actual worthwhile attractions, and anyone who has visited DHS recently knows the park needs a LOT more when it comes to rides (and NOT all E-tickets please.)…the RSR/Carsland idea could work. Zootopia does not. We don’t need ANOTHER trackless ride in the park with 2 already, when this one does basically similar things to the other 2.

This park needs some more smaller/flat rides and a water based attraction.

Twirlnhurl

We don’t need ANOTHER trackless ride in the park with 2 already, when this one does basically similar things to the other 2.
Technically, ToT is trackless as well. And two of the trackless rides are hybrid trackless/drop tower rides.

DHS's atrraction lineup has a lot of duplication:
  • Two launched coasters
  • Two interactive game rides
  • Three motion base simulators
  • Three trackless dark rides
  • Two 3D attractions
  • Two freefall/trackless dark ride hybrids
The two major rides that were removed also had a major element in common: live spielers.

For a park whose theme is "anything goes as long as it is related to the entertainment industry, movies, TV shows, or music" it is surprising how much ride system convergence there is.

Mireille

Premium Member
Technically, ToT is trackless as well. And two of the trackless rides are hybrid trackless/drop tower rides.

DHS's atrraction lineup has a lot of duplication:
  • Two launched coasters
  • Two interactive game rides
  • Three motion base simulators
  • Three trackless dark rides
  • Two 3D attractions
  • Two freefall/trackless dark ride hybrids
The two major rides that were removed also had a major element in common: live spielers.

For a park whose theme is "anything goes as long as it is related to the entertainment industry, movies, TV shows, or music" it is surprising how much ride system convergence there is.
I thought ToT was wire-guided?

andysol

If anyone could name a better IP land for that area than Nightmare Before Christmas, I’d love to hear it.

The black and white are would be an absolutely perfect fit to round out DHS.

Though I know it will never happen.

And after just coming back from Shanghai- zootopia would be a great land but Hot pursuit a throwing distance away from MMRR would be a hilariously awful decision.

Mireille

Premium Member
View attachment 794398
Let's hope they eventually change that perception!
It's better now than it was when I was there early 2018 and they were still building Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge and all that was open was ToT, RnRC, Midway Mania, GMR, Lights Motors Action!, Muppets and Star Tours. I rope dropped, did everything, took a bunch of pictures with characters because they had them all over since so much of the park was closed and left by 1pm because there was just nothing else to do. It was barely a half day park. There may have been something else but it was nearly as bad as when they first opened.

YodaMan

It's better now than it was when I was there early 2018 and they were still building Toy Story Land and Galaxy's Edge and all that was open was ToT, RnRC, Midway Mania, GMR, Lights Motors Action!, Muppets and Star Tours. I rope dropped, did everything, took a bunch of pictures with characters because they had them all over since so much of the park was closed and left by 1pm because there was just nothing else to do. It was barely a half day park. There may have been something else but it was nearly as bad as when they first opened.

Both GMR and LMA were already closed in 2018 so you did even less than you’re remembering πŸ‘€

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom