What should they do with Animation Courtyard?

Bocabear

It’s worse. So much worse. Though not for long.
WHat do you know? It needs a complete demolition and redo... Nothing there makes sense anymore , and all that space planned for film production really needs to be come park and attraction space... Move the offices into the Galactic Starcruiser and build a new office campus there....

Purduevian

It would be possible to get to all of that office space/parking garage for theme park expansion without removing anything in animation courtyard... Connect RNRC to Toystory land. You would lose a service pet relief area and possibly the RNRC bathrooms.

I don't think they should go this way but it is possible if they don't want to demo launch bay.
1718113566318.png

TheRealSkull

It would be possible to get to all of that office space/parking garage for theme park expansion without removing anything in animation courtyard... Connect RNRC to Toystory land. You would lose a service pet relief area and possibly the RNRC bathrooms.

I don't think they should go this way but it is possible if they don't want to demo launch bay.
View attachment 790872
Demoing Launch Bay would be ideal. That is the ideal spot for an entrance to whatever they build back there.

J4546

not demoing the entire animation courtyard building would be insane. They have the space to create something trule specatular and magical back there, but with they do it? we will see. I still think Fl needs a ToonTown....

TheRealSkull

not demoing the entire animation courtyard building would be insane. They have the space to create something trule specatular and magical back there, but with they do it? we will see. I still think Fl needs a ToonTown....
That'd be two attractions in a park that would both belong to their own designated lands but are a few feet away for some odd reason.

Star Tours and Galaxy's Edge

Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway and a proposed ToonTown.

Doesn't quite make sense to me.

dreamfinding

That'd be two attractions in a park that would both belong to their own designated lands but are a few feet away for some odd reason.

Once again, prime example of why they should have let GMR live and build MMRR in either Launch Bay or the Disney Jr. building (probably would've been Launch Bay).

They could've put another flat ride in Little Mermaid (something like car-toon spin, but they can't use Roger of course). And the, in Disney Jr., they could've designated as an indoor character m&g (because FL doesn't have enough indoor spots and characters deserve better).

J4546

well in my proposed TT for DHS, MMRR would be relocated and an improved GMR would return. there would also be a distinct residential and commercial area separated by a large body of water that was used by an exclusive donald based e ticket.

Attachments

• dhs11.jpg
    dhs11.jpg
    233.1 KB · Views: 36

Purduevian

well in my proposed TT for DHS, MMRR would be relocated and an improved GMR would return. there would also be a distinct residential and commercial area separated by a large body of water that was used by an exclusive donald based e ticket.
Has Disney ever relocated a large ride on the same coast?

I know they moved FotLK and dumbo, but I can't think of anything other than those two.

dreamfinding

I think those are the only two instances. I mean, I imagine it would be a lot more difficult to move an entire dark ride as opposed to dumbo.

SilentWindODoom

Doesn't quite make sense to me.

I am okay with Star Tours and Galaxy's Edge being separate. Without moving Star Tours, the other option to unite them would be to bulldoze Muppets and I absolutely do not want that.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No

I mean, if you're going to create a path that links a new Toontown Area back where Animation Courtyard is behind VotLM to Toy Story Land Behind, can't you just cut access behind the Chinese Theater facade, connect the MMRR building to the Walt Disney Presents building, create an entrance out the back of the current Walt Disney Presents building, and then convert the Walt Disney Presents building to a combined queue and Micky Meet and Greet with the same El Capitoon Facade and queue as they have in Disneyland? (see rough sketch below)

Untitled.png

Gusey

With the new Little Mermaid show coming this Fall, I doubt anything will involve that building. If anything, it will be the Animation Building to Rock 'n' Rollercoaster

Bocabear

biggest problem is the Mermaid show thater is right in the way of progress....
and I am not sure which of the backstage buildings could really be torn down... It would be amazing if they could move the offices to the Galactic Star Cruiser and start a whole park staff campus over there clearing the way for more expansion....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom