What should they do with Animation Courtyard?

Cmdr_Crimson

For those who have never been to Disneyland, ToonTown is adorable... Lots of little things to see, great for younger kids, and Roger Rabbits CarToon Spin is a super fun, long dark ride... It would make sense to have the old Disney Animation courtyard fleshed out into a Toontown area...Fully set in the era of early Disney animation, Clone the Roger Rabbit ride but then add another couple attractions...a flat ride, a family coaster etc. then as you follow the path you end up in Toystoryland and Pixar Studios area....it would make sense within the layout of the park, and thematically fit the park aesthetic.
Problem with Roger is with Spielberg..If they did a Toontown spin it would then have to be Bonkers D Bobcat which was the scapegoat for Roger when they couldn't use him..other wise they can just call it Toontown spin without the Weasles and just make it a whirlwind spinning dark ride thru Toontown..

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
For a park that cannot use any of the Avengers characters, I'm surprised they didn't go the next best option and build a Big Hero 6 attraction. As far as box office revenue goes, it sits right there with Moana (though I understand that Moana still has ridiculous streaming numbers which helps prop up that franchise) and I always thought the Hiro/Baymax meet & greet was popular. Hopefully, with the recent add of a Big Hero 6 area to DCA, it may help them to rethink adding a full Big Hero 6 attraction (though the announcement of a Big Hero 6 movie sequel would be even more impactful in driving a decision to add a new ride).

Bocabear

Disney can afford to but the rights for the Weasels I would think since they own the movie franchise all or in part...they have spent more money for other less widely used IP... They could also make it a mad spinning ride through Toontown....either way it would be a fun ride using a lot of different Disney IP, and thematically perfect with the 1940s Hollywood theme of the front of the park...I think it would help bring back some of the charm that has been lost over the years....

DonniePeverley

When do we get the obligatory - 'throw Cars Land' in there.

I would be behind it. As one poster said, that area is a sheer embarassment.

Of course it could be used as an area to allow free loading annual pass holders a place to have their food that they bring into the parks and just cordan that area off to the general public.

mattpeto

I’m not sure how Disney can have this many of rumored projects in the works. Spoiler- they can’t…

Dinoland- replace 2 attractions and the land, a mystery E ticket somewhere else in AK and now in DHS. This doesn’t include the beyond BTM gossip.

Something doesn’t pass the smell test.

Phicinfan

I’m not sure how Disney can have this many of rumored projects in the works. Spoiler- they can’t…

Dinoland- replace 2 attractions and the land, a mystery E ticket somewhere else in AK and now in DHS. This doesn’t include the beyond BTM gossip.

Here is the key, they have all been worked in design, but most if not all will not see light of day

Bocabear

and that is the problem...they keep designing things and then cutting the projects to wait for another time when they may have more money..... and every year the prices go up, and there is little to show for it... If you count attractions in the parks from the early 2000s to now I think we still have a net loss....

DonniePeverley

To put it in perspective - even if Disney were to announce a new major attraction now, their timeline usually means we won't see it till 2027.

That's why it's scandalous we have nothing major in the works.

This D event really is the last hope for 2027.

Bocabear

2027....Well considering there is nothing in the rumor mill and the amount of demo and rebuild changing the area would take, I would say like 2028-2030 to complete anything substantial.

Henry Mystic

Author of "A Manor of Fact"

You absolutely sure about that?

mattpeto

AK was always getting attention first, but over the next few years HWS and MK will too. I can’t speak for others but it was always clear to me this was the plan.
Are you confident there will be shovels in the ground at AK and DHS at the same time?

I think it's safe to assume shovels will be at AK in 2025. DHS too?

Bocabear

Even once shovels hit the ground, experience has shown us that a new attraction or land is going to be a minimum of 3 years...so if shovels hit the ground in 2025, nothing is going to change at the parks until 2028 at the earliest... Epic Universe will be in it's third year of operation...and by then , they may even have expanded the park...

Phicinfan

Even once shovels hit the ground, experience has shown us that a new attraction or land is going to be a minimum of 3 years...so if shovels hit the ground in 2025, nothing is going to change at the parks until 2028 at the earliest... Epic Universe will be in it's third year of operation...and by then , they may even have expanded the park...
For that matter, even if shovels hit the project could still get cancelled i.e. MK Theater

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom