what should I buy with my $75 fun card?

devoy1701

I'm putting mine towards another one of the Olszewski pieces. I currently own Cinderella Castle and the Emporium and know that eventually I'll buy the whole set...so why not put it towards one of those. Town Square and the Central Hub are each $135, so the giftcard will make em about $60.

One day I'll have an entire miniature Mainstreet USA with working lights to look at when I can't make it out to the parks...definitely worth the $2,500 investment buying all of the pieces will cost!

But I also agree with maybe getting a nice watch or piece of jewelry. Put it towards something more expensive...All of the cheaper merchandise really isn't worth buying anymore...

MissM

Original Poster
I'd get a nice zip up style sweatshirt. (I have one which I cherish...has Walt Disney World embroidered across the back) Any $ left maybe something from one of the kitchen shops (mickey ice cube trays etc.) Happy Birthday to You!!
Thanks! I got a Pooh jacket I really wanted at xmas and a zip hoodie I wanted shortly after so I kinda already got the two expensive clothing pieces I wanted. Had I not gotten them, I'd definitely have done that. (See, the hard part with going all the time, is you eventually get most of the stuff you want. LOL)

I'm not sure where you can and can't use it but maybe you can spend it on a birthday dinner at a nice restaurant like Cali Grill!
Yeah no food/dining. And it can only be used for merchandise at places Disney owns. (Hence the no Japan store. Or Basin or Harley or any of the other non-Disney places.)

I'm putting mine towards another one of the Olszewski pieces. I currently own Cinderella Castle and the Emporium and know that eventually I'll buy the whole set...so why not put it towards one of those. Town Square and the Central Hub are each $135, so the giftcard will make em about $60.

One day I'll have an entire miniature Mainstreet USA with working lights to look at when I can't make it out to the parks...definitely worth the $2,500 investment buying all of the pieces will cost!

But I also agree with maybe getting a nice watch or piece of jewelry. Put it towards something more expensive...All of the cheaper merchandise really isn't worth buying anymore...
Those are cool but I have no place for them. I think they're awesome though. I always look at them when I go into the Christmas shop in MK. And you're right...The "cheap" stuff is neither cheap nor terribly exciting. It's why I thought I'd get some ideas maybe I hadn't thought of.

Does anyone know if the glass-blower on Main Street counts as a Disney store? Hrm...it's in a Disney storefront, but it's not by Disney. Probably not. I've seen the most awesome handblown Mickey mugs there which I think are about $65 which I might like to get but...I think it falls outside the permitted places to shop.

And thanks for the birthday wishes everyon! :D

fascion216

Go to TREN-D and buy me that sweet white watch with the crystal mickey on the face!! (ive seen it in all the pics of tren-d and cant wait to see it in person!!!)

MissM

Original Poster
Go to TREN-D and buy me that sweet white watch with the crystal mickey on the face!! (ive seen it in all the pics of tren-d and cant wait to see it in person!!!)
I haven't been over to that store yet. (I'm rarely in DtD.)

And yeah right! This is MY fun card. Get your own! :lol:

I_heart_Tigger

a little off topic here but does anyone know what the child's funcard will amount to? My neice will be 8 when we're there and since we already have a package booked we figured she could use the card to pick out a birthday present.

and btw....I vote jewelry, I always get a new ring or watch when I'm there. I usually look for a limited edition watch. I have one from the opening of the Studios and the opening of Animal Kingdom and I love them

Donfan

My wife and I both have gold Citizen Mickey watches from Mousegear in EPCOT. Mine was $125, hers $100. That $75 would go a long way to getting you one of those. They were in the jewelry/watch are of the store. You might take a look.

cjgtigger

Here is what we did. Hubby's birthday was in March. He loves Virgin Megastore...so I gave him $75.00 in his birthday card and he gave me the Fun card. I bought myself a watch!!!

We both won!!!

sarah91182

If you are not a passholder, you must use the Free Admission ticket.

If you are a passholder, you can't use the gift card on just anything. Here is the info from the Disney site:

Start your birthday off right with the most magical birthday present of all: free admission on your birthday during 2009 to one of the Theme Parks of Walt Disney World® or Disneyland® Resort*! It's our gift to you and it all begins right here.
To get this wonderful birthday gift for yourself, your children or others in your household, follow these simple steps:

• Register your birthday—and other household members' birthdays too, if you want.
  • Print the confirmation message you receive after registering your birthday.
  • You will also receive an email reminder two weeks prior to your birthday, which you can also use to redeem your free admission on your birthday.
  • Bring proper ID and your confirmation message to the gate at one of the Theme Parks at the Walt Disney World® Resort or Disneyland® Resort on your birthday in 2009.
  • If you are a Passholder or already have a Multi-Day ticket you will use on your birthday, go ahead and register and bring the free admission on Your Birthday confirmation and proper ID to the designated Will Call windows so you can choose from one of our other exciting birthday gifts instead.
FAQ:

Q: When can I register online?

A: You can register now through December 31, 2009.

Q: Is there any age requirement for online registration?

A: Yes, you must be 13 years of age or older to register your birthday. If you're under age 13, you need to have an adult in your household register your birthday for you.

Q: My children don't live with me, but I'd like to sign them up for free admission on your birthday tickets. Is that possible

A: Yes.

Q: What kind of identification do I need to show at the gate?

A: Proper valid identification would be a Driver's License including a photo, Government-issued Photo ID, or a Government-issued Passport. If you are under age 18 and don't have any of the above mentioned ID, an original or a certified copy of a Birth Certificate is required. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed government-issued photo IDs and will not be accepted.

Q: Do I have to be a resident of a particular state or country in order to take advantage of this offer?

A: No. The offer is valid for all Guests, regardless of the place of residency.

Q: Is this offer good for all ages?

A: This offer is good for anyone over age 3. Children under 3 are not required to have an admission ticket to enter the Theme Parks.

Q: What if my birthday is on February 29?

A: You may take advantage of free admission to a theme park on either February 28, 2009 or March 1, 2009.

Q: I can't come on my birthday. Can I get free admission to a theme park on another day?

A: Unfortunately, no. The free admission to a Theme Park on your birthday offer is only valid for free admission on your birthday in 2009.

Q: When can I pickup my birthday ticket?

A: Guests can pick up their free birthday ticket for admission to a theme park on their actual date of birth. Please use other purchased ticket media to enter the Parks if you plan to begin your vacation prior to your birthday.

Q: Can I upgrade my free birthday ticket to another ticket type?

A: Yes, the free birthday ticket may be upgraded to another ticket type on your birthday. However the celebrant is responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by the celebrant. The 1-day Magic Your Way ticket good for 12 months (an option for certain passholders and multi-day ticket holders) may not be upgraded.

Q: I purchased* a valid Passholder Pass or a Multi-Day Ticket that I will use for admission on my birthday in 2009. Is there anything else I could receive on my birthday?

A: Yes, you have several options which are available for you to select once you arrive at the Park with your confirmation message, your proper valid ID, and your Passholder Pass or Multi-Day Ticket that you will use for admission on your birthday. You can choose one of the following:

• A birthday FASTPASS® exchange card+ for a certain number attractions at the Theme Park you visit on your birthday; or
  • A birthday fun card in an amount equal to the price of a 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket* for you to use for certain purchases including select merchandise, recreation or tour experiences, or for Disney's PhotoPass® on-site services at participating locations at Walt Disney World® Resort; or
  • A 1-day Magic Your Way base ticket for you to use any time until your next birthday.
*Guests using complimentary ticket media for admission on their birthday are not eligible to receive these listed options.

+The number of birthday FASTPASS exchange cards issued per day is limited and may not be available after 11am. Valid Theme Park admission required. FASTPASS benefit for birthday celebrant and up to 5 members of his/her party.

*Ticket price at gate, excluding tax. Adults receive card in the amount of an adult ticket; children (ages 3-9) receive card in the amount of a child ticket. For terms and conditions of the card and details on participating locations, click here.

Q: What if I'm a Seasonal Passholder and my birthday falls on a day my Pass is blocked out?

A: If your birthday falls on a day that your Pass is blocked out, you will be able to receive the free birthday ticket for admission to one theme park on your birthday. You can upgrade the ticket or use the ticket to renew or upgrade your Pass. If you upgrade the ticket or your Pass you are responsible for the incremental cost and the upgraded ticket or Pass still may only be used by you.

jmcdougall

My birthday's getting pretty close. It's not this Saturday but next. (The 16th) Being a Passholder, I'm opting for the gift card. But I don't know what I want to buy with it! :lol:

What I'd really like is to put it towards some cool wooden sandals in Japan but...you can't use it in that store since it's not WDW owned.

What would you buy with a free $75 gift card?

(ps: Love bought himself the monorail with his back in February. Come this xmas, it's going around our tree!)

Where did you purchase the monorail? I'd love that for under my tree. Thanks, Janine

sarah91182

No. Anyone with a valid multi-day ticket can choose from the other options.

Misspoke as in 'if you had a pass already for admission'. Regardless I posted the info more for the fact of limitations, i.e. you can't use it for food or in specialty shops such as Mitsukoshi and some of the independent places in Downtown Disney. Sorry for any confusion! :hammer:

MissM

Original Poster
Where did you purchase the monorail? I'd love that for under my tree. Thanks, Janine
We got ours at the World of Disney store in Downtown Disney. They've been in short supply for months now though. I haven't seen them in the Emporium for example since probably before xmas. One of the managers said they sold out property-wide at the holidays and have been getting them back in very slowly and in small amounts. Normally, you can find them at the major shops in each park (Emporium, Mouse Gear, etc.) in addition to DtD.

Regardless I posted the info more for the fact of limitations, i.e. you can't use it for food or in specialty shops such as Mitsukoshi and some of the independent places in Downtown Disney
Um, yeah. Thaaanks. I kinda already knew that. I even mentioned - um, more than once actually - that I was bummed I couldn't use it in Japan. It might help if you read the posts in the thread so you know what we've discussed and what we haven't.

ANYWAY...you guys defnitely have a lot of good suggestions. Several things I wouldn't have thought of. I'll find something I'm sure. I just need to think outside the typical day-visitor box! :lol:

pilka214

i've had my fun card since february and i have no idea where to use it... i'll be at dtd tomorrow, hopefully find something then...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom